Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do you say to people, who don't play the lottery, but want you to cut them a check if you win.

Topic closed. 58 replies. Last post 3 years ago by mypiemaster.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
Member #141034
April 2, 2013
1408 Posts
Posted: September 15, 2013, 12:33 am - IP Logged

Just got to thinking about this " check cutting fiasco". Why would people not ask one to cut them a check now?

What if one was a current Millionaire and winning the jackpot simply added to their obscene pile of cash- does one have to first read about you winning the jackpot to reach out to you for help?

Second of all: Do you give cash to panhandlers?

All panhandlers are not created equal. Some do it for survival, and some do it as a means, for fleecing and taking advantage of the good nature of the unsuspecting public. There was a documentary, a few years ago, that exposed some of these individuals. Some of then have homes costing over $250,000.00, some drive automobiles like Mercedes Benz and the like. These individuals make it very difficult, for the public, to discern who really needs help.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

United States
    Member #85367
    January 14, 2010
    11 Posts
    Posted: September 15, 2013, 10:43 am - IP Logged

Hey Pie, 

I'm telling you, I got people that you'll swear that the phrase, "With friends like these...." aptly fits.

I'd like to think I'm wrong....I really would, but JUST when I'm about to change my tune...just when....

That's when s--t gets said, or s--t gets done....and makes me keep it right where I had it.

It's a downright shame, really....

But you know what, on an unrelated note...pertaining to the current world events situation...

I'd have never thought it possible...20 years before...

Never thought it imaginable...

but WE DID IT!

we put a Black Man as President, in the White house.

...and a REPUBLICAN running RUSSIA.

Now that's American Ingenuity, for ya!

Don'cha think?

asuperdoll's avatar - the eye.png
      Bronx, ny
      United States
      Member #117879
      October 16, 2011
      1 Posts
      Posted: September 15, 2013, 10:50 am - IP Logged

Hello all Im new to lottery postParty

veganlife125's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
        Member #142777
        May 18, 2013
        263 Posts
        Posted: September 15, 2013, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

"Guilt Manipulation" topics get high view counts quick muhahaha!LOL

Don't forget to visit the Lottery Post Gift Shop!

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #94283
          July 17, 2010
          2284 Posts
          Posted: September 15, 2013, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

I know two people, one always tells us, whenever we are having a pool, "If I ever win the lottery, I'll make sure I retire all you guys".  The other one always says,"I'll give each one of you $1M if I ever win the jackpot". But they never join the pool. One day, I pulled them aside, and asked them why they never join the pool. The first one said, "My wife will kill me, if she finds out that I spent any money on the lottery". The second one said, "Oooh, my pastor will be PI$$ED OFF, if he ever finds out that I gamble". So how the F**K are they gonna retire us all, or give us all $1M each when they "win"? One told me that it is just their way of telling us not to forget them when we win.

Those kind of people make me mad.  They don't want to contribute, they don't want to take any of the risk, but they want the reward.  I'd tell them "ya gotta be in it to win it".  Actually, I'd say something a little bit more bluntly rude than that, but it might get bleeped in this forum.

JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
            Member #141034
            April 2, 2013
            1408 Posts
            Posted: September 15, 2013, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Hello all Im new to lottery postParty

Welcome aboard asuperdoll.  Hope you win a boatload of cash. Happy playing.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
              Mcminnville, Oregon
              United States
              Member #3013
              December 13, 2003
              3052 Posts
              Posted: September 15, 2013, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

I play the lotto with my mother but my sister does not play or her husband.  They want a cut and so do their kids.  I am reasonable and will give them money because they are family but no one else is getting anything.  I will help my family out any way possible if I have it but not anybody else.-weshar75

US Flag

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: September 15, 2013, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

Some people say they are too smart, to waste their money, playing the lotteries, but would like you, to cut them a check if you win. What would you like to do/say to them.

I would say that "My pie master is holding my money."

So go ask him.

Bluegal1's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                  Queens NY
                  United States
                  Member #141856
                  April 25, 2013
                  37 Posts
                  Posted: September 16, 2013, 2:37 am - IP Logged

If I ever won a jackpot prize, I'd probably would wait it out til the noise calms down, then quietly hire an attorney, a financial advisor and CPA. This way it would give me time to process and think of my approach or even if I decide to tell anyone.  I'm a Pick 10 player here in New York so the lottery here doesn't publish winner info on Pick 10. I find that's a good thing:)

Bluegal1's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                    Queens NY
                    United States
                    Member #141856
                    April 25, 2013
                    37 Posts
                    Posted: September 16, 2013, 2:47 am - IP Logged

I've also had people tell me crap when I go to play at my stationary store, lecturing me on how it's a waste of money playing the lotto, and I don't even know these people, and I say to them, if its such a waste, well then how do you explain the people that win?? Such ridiculousness. They should mind their business and keep their nose outta my pocket book. Then when I win, I'll roll up in my shiny new Benz and and tell them, ya, what a waste, I shouldn't have played right?

JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                      Member #141034
                      April 2, 2013
                      1408 Posts
                      Posted: September 18, 2013, 8:52 am - IP Logged

"Guilt Manipulation" topics get high view counts quick muhahaha!LOL

Shhhh, I know, but don't tell anyone LOL

CST
                        United States
                        Member #140593
                        March 23, 2013
                        26 Posts
                        Posted: September 18, 2013, 9:04 am - IP Logged

"No. Have a nice day!"

JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                          Member #141034
                          April 2, 2013
                          1408 Posts
                          Posted: September 22, 2013, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

I would say that "My pie master is holding my money."

So go ask him.

I am just a figment of people's imagination. Green laugh

JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                            Member #141034
                            April 2, 2013
                            1408 Posts
                            Posted: September 22, 2013, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

I've also had people tell me crap when I go to play at my stationary store, lecturing me on how it's a waste of money playing the lotto, and I don't even know these people, and I say to them, if its such a waste, well then how do you explain the people that win?? Such ridiculousness. They should mind their business and keep their nose outta my pocket book. Then when I win, I'll roll up in my shiny new Benz and and tell them, ya, what a waste, I shouldn't have played right?

It's the green eyed monster at work. Misery loves company.