Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is giving a 2 Week Notice even an option?

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Supersixx.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #6570
August 28, 2004
36 Posts
Posted: September 21, 2013, 5:02 am - IP Logged

You could tell them anything LOL but the 1st thing that comes to mind is I got another job

Alot of people say they will give a two weeks notice because their place of work has been good to them. This would seem that there is some level of loyalty.

Now the first thing that came to yourmind is that you got another job?

You.............."Im giving my 2 week notice because You guys have been really good to me and Ive been a loyal good worker. I dont know how to say this but I got another job."

Boss......."Well we have been good to you because your such a loyal worker. We would like to make a counter offer. How much are they offering?

You......."Um..............."

Boss......"Well what does this place have that we are not offering you? If its the money we will match it!

You....................................

Im telling you there is no way around it, you need to be up front and honest. The problem is they will probably let you go on the spot. This is why I was pondering if a 2 week notice was even possible to give.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #121745
    January 16, 2012
    4782 Posts
    Posted: September 21, 2013, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

Alot of people say they will give a two weeks notice because their place of work has been good to them. This would seem that there is some level of loyalty.

Now the first thing that came to yourmind is that you got another job?

You.............."Im giving my 2 week notice because You guys have been really good to me and Ive been a loyal good worker. I dont know how to say this but I got another job."

Boss......."Well we have been good to you because your such a loyal worker. We would like to make a counter offer. How much are they offering?

You......."Um..............."

Boss......"Well what does this place have that we are not offering you? If its the money we will match it!

You....................................

Im telling you there is no way around it, you need to be up front and honest. The problem is they will probably let you go on the spot. This is why I was pondering if a 2 week notice was even possible to give.

Nahhh...just say you have reached a point in your life where you want a break and/or want to explore a hobby or personal interest.  If you give 2 weeks notice and they let you go before then, even better.  You were professional and met your obligations.

J'aime La France.

New York
      United States
      Member #147110
      September 21, 2013
      3 Posts
      Posted: September 21, 2013, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

Ill walk right into his/her office and make outragous demands like becoming co owners. Remind him to think wisely as im  now uber wealthy with the resources to set up across the street with my know how and new money lol..unless  i work for GE or Google then ill just quit. Dont think the bosses will be able to handle me coming to work in a different ferrari each day. Cheers