Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What was your take on the show "Lucky 7"

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Artist77.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
Oklahoma
United States
Member #82391
November 12, 2009
6290 Posts
Posted: September 26, 2013, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Looks like he becomes #7. Did'nt expect the MM draw after the show. First time watching it.

I know I started seeing these # on the bottom of the tv and hubby was like is that the Mega Millions cause the #'s were so high lol. I got on the internet find out it was a $100,000 sweepstakes tht the network was promoting. I didn't hear/read anything about the sweepstakes.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
    Member #130815
    July 25, 2012
    1636 Posts
    Posted: September 26, 2013, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

No, the winners who left the mechanic 10 bucks. They should be ashamed of themselves for being so cheap.

LOL I think it was like a luck is where you find it parable the story was trying to tell...The people who won didnt give him crap LOL

United States
      Member #128790
      June 2, 2012
      5431 Posts
      Posted: September 26, 2013, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

LOL I think it was like a luck is where you find it parable the story was trying to tell...The people who won didnt give him crap LOL

So where did the 10 dollar bill come from, and why did he smile when he saw it?

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
        Member #121745
        January 16, 2012
        4791 Posts
        Posted: September 26, 2013, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Ok I just watched the whole show now.  The last 15 minutes moved faster and was better than the first 3/4. Hope they can "retool" the show. It would probably be edgier on a cable channel. Almost none of the characters are likable with the exception of the garage mechanic.

J'aime La France.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
          NY
          United States
          Member #121961
          January 21, 2012
          3157 Posts
          Posted: September 26, 2013, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

Guessing the 10$ is what everyone was chipping into the pool and this will make him #7.

United States
            Member #128790
            June 2, 2012
            5431 Posts
            Posted: September 26, 2013, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

Guessing the 10$ is what everyone was chipping into the pool and this will make him #7.

You think? I don't know.

Or maybe he was so broke he was just happy to see 10 bucks..lol

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
              Florida
              United States
              Member #77815
              August 1, 2009
              3460 Posts
              Posted: September 26, 2013, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

Ok I just watched the whole show now.  The last 15 minutes moved faster and was better than the first 3/4. Hope they can "retool" the show. It would probably be edgier on a cable channel. Almost none of the characters are likable with the exception of the garage mechanic.

I Agree!

Guess Who's Back?

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                u$a
                United States
                Member #106665
                February 22, 2011
                19834 Posts
                Posted: September 27, 2013, 5:48 am - IP Logged

No, the winners who left the mechanic 10 bucks. They should be ashamed of themselves for being so cheap.

they are to Greedy they should cut him in from what i got he used to play he just cut back because he was trying to buy his wife a toaster oven which she broke anyways so there went that idea P***ed

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
                  Member #130815
                  July 25, 2012
                  1636 Posts
                  Posted: September 27, 2013, 7:34 am - IP Logged

I guess it got sucked up into the car he was working on...he smiled Im guessing the same reason we all smile when we find money...he was happy to find it LOL

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                    Florida
                    United States
                    Member #77815
                    August 1, 2009
                    3460 Posts
                    Posted: September 27, 2013, 11:39 am - IP Logged

The one thing that was so unrealistic was the lottery official. Why is he telling them they need to have a vote? Why is he at the hospital? Why is he acting like he was running the office pool? In reality the winners go to the lottery office, not the other way around. This show will be officially cancelled in the next two weeks.

Guess Who's Back?

United States
                      Member #130815
                      July 25, 2012
                      1636 Posts
                      Posted: October 2, 2013, 10:07 am - IP Logged

OMG This show is starting to tick me off...First the blond girl who kidnapped the foster kid, what did she think was gonna happen if she ever won the lottery? of course people are gonna find you then...when you dont want to be found you can't participate in things like a lottery pool cause then you are in trouble when you win...Second the two idiot brothers who robbed the store the night they hit, the one older brother who has a conscience should just fess up and get it over with and the younger degenerate one should get shot by the guys extorting money from him....Losers period...they go more trouble than they are worth

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                        British Columbia
                        Canada
                        Member #116101
                        September 4, 2011
                        4033 Posts
                        Posted: October 2, 2013, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

It was alright, I guess I'll hold on for a couple of more shows see where it goes...but my only gripe so far is that loser ex-con Nick who voted to keep his own brother out of the pool, after he convinced him to rob the store safe the same night...I was like Matt needs to find a way to get rid of him quick...but that's me I don't think it will be back for a season 2....What do you think???

I think the show will be cancelled by week 4 or sooner Bed

"You have to be in it to win it!"

Perfecttiming2's avatar - redcross

United States
                          Member #65961
                          October 11, 2008
                          162 Posts
                          Posted: October 2, 2013, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

My guess is that when the mechanic found the crumbled $10, he was thinking:

“If only I had found it 24 hrs earlier, I would have been in the pool”

Remember he told his wife that he was saving the weekly $10 that he would normally put in the lottery pool with his co-workers….thus the $10 that he “found” would have been extra money because he had already saved $10 for that week….(I think that is why he gave a chuckle as he was holding the money)

Right now, the mechanic is the only likeable character….

As far as the show is concerned, I don’t think it will last…

The writing is so stupid and it seems to focus on the drama cause by really bad choices that these people are making…….. People who just happened to have won the lottery (the mechanic’s wife celebrating with the entire neighborhood…flying her mother first class…..all before confirming the “win”with her husband, really?)

Most lottery winners go on with their lives and you never hear from them because they have nothing to report…they just move on with their lives…….

Its the ones who mess-up and make really stupid choices that you hear about because the media thrives on it….It seems as if the writers of this show are aiming to do the same….

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                            Member #121745
                            January 16, 2012
                            4791 Posts
                            Posted: October 3, 2013, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

I only saw the first episode so far and the mechanic is the only one who can act.  The one guy with the baby is very good looking but his acting is very jr. high.  I have a feeling if the series fails, the mechanic guy will end up in some other show.

J'aime La France.

United States
                              Member #122468
                              February 1, 2012
                              530 Posts
                              Posted: October 4, 2013, 9:07 am - IP Logged

It was alright, I guess I'll hold on for a couple of more shows see where it goes...but my only gripe so far is that loser ex-con Nick who voted to keep his own brother out of the pool, after he convinced him to rob the store safe the same night...I was like Matt needs to find a way to get rid of him quick...but that's me I don't think it will be back for a season 2....What do you think???

I have watched both episodes and really was bothered by the behavior of some of these characters. I agree with you about Nick, can't stand him. What a nitwit idea he had about staging the robbery and not voting for his own brother to be a part of the win is just not right.  I think they have made the cashier really dumb. Okay she wins the lottery and the first thing she should do is kick her husband's sorry ass to the curb, lol. Unfortunately since she won the lottery while married, her spouse would still be entitled to money from that win.  The young girl seems too young to have been a foster mom (she looks as though she is barely out of her teens).  Wouldn't it have occured to this woman that if you win a big lottery jackpot it will be listed all over the country so she would be found. I want to know why if they voted to let the brother who hadn't been putting in money be a part of the pool yet they also wouldn't do the same for the mechanic. The mechanic was just trying to be an upstanding guy and save what little money he had for his family so I totally understand why he felt he couldn't contribute to the pool. If I worked for that company would have made sure he got something. The mechanic is really my favorite character, just a hard working man who seems to be a good husband and father. In reality it would just suck to be the only person at work who didn't win and then seeing all of your co-workers getting to enjoy their newfound wealth while you watch on the sidelines. I've heard the ratings were pretty dismal for this series so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pulled from the network very soon.