Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Will you be throwing in the towel when MM makes its changes?

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Jill34786.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4104 Posts
Posted: October 6, 2013, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

Personally: l will wait and see if some of those lower prizes end up in my lap. The odds are astronomical at present and its gonna get worse, but you never know when you gonna hit it. Now,had they raised the price to $2.00 a ticket, l would have taken a hiatus from the game for a while or more than a while.
How about you?

* Have a Great Week People.

LottoMomma's avatar - strawberry
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #100025
    November 4, 2010
    158 Posts
    Posted: October 6, 2013, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

Seriously they are raising the price to $2 per ticket like PB???? On top of increasing the odds!  That pretty much does it for me and our group.  We'll just be getting one or two lines at best.. if that now ... bummer!  Have pretty much given up on PB.

LM

See Ya!

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
      NY
      United States
      Member #121961
      January 21, 2012
      3157 Posts
      Posted: October 6, 2013, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

I'll keep playing. I'm going to see how far off my #s are for a few drawings before i decide to just get Qps.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19817 Posts
        Posted: October 6, 2013, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

Personally: l will wait and see if some of those lower prizes end up in my lap. The odds are astronomical at present and its gonna get worse, but you never know when you gonna hit it. Now,had they raised the price to $2.00 a ticket, l would have taken a hiatus from the game for a while or more than a while.
        How about you?

Where did you get your information that MM tickets price will increase?  Your information isn't supported by any official notices from MM.  The only thing I've read is their matrix will change to 5/75+1/15 on the 22th.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
          Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #37433
          April 14, 2006
          2747 Posts
          Posted: October 6, 2013, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Once my MM season tickets expire in December 2013 I will give up on playing the game like I successfully did for Hot Lotto. I also won't play PB after this year ends. From the year 2014 on I want to focus on mid range games. The Cash 5s and 6/49 games.

That money's gone fo ever

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4784 Posts
            Posted: October 6, 2013, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

Once my MM season tickets expire in December 2013 I will give up on playing the game like I successfully did for Hot Lotto. I also won't play PB after this year ends. From the year 2014 on I want to focus on mid range games. The Cash 5s and 6/49 games.

I will still play the MM contest in LP and the one a day MM, but I will not be spending any actual money.

J'aime La France.

Marana AZ
              United States
              Member #145341
              August 3, 2013
              178 Posts
              Posted: October 6, 2013, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

LottoMomma: The price is staying at $1.

RJOh: The poster said "had" the price increased, meaning "if it had". Since it is still $1, they will keep playing.

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                Marquette, MI
                United States
                Member #20541
                August 20, 2005
                705 Posts
                Posted: October 6, 2013, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

Where did you get your information that MM tickets price will increase?  Your information isn't supported by any official notices from MM.  The only thing I've read is their matrix will change to 5/75+1/15 on the 22th.

RJOh I believe you have what is called "cursor hypnosis" .

Carefully re-read the noise-gate post.

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                  Marquette, MI
                  United States
                  Member #20541
                  August 20, 2005
                  705 Posts
                  Posted: October 6, 2013, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

How about you?

I'm not quitting I'll just play less often and at higher jackpot levels.  Not because I would not want the money but because the odds are such that if every person 18 or older bought a ticket only one person in the entire country would win (ponder them odds).

United States
                    Member #130815
                    July 25, 2012
                    1636 Posts
                    Posted: October 6, 2013, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

Nah I'll keep throwing a dollar at it and seeing what sticks LOL

Sacramento, CA
                      United States
                      Member #142454
                      May 12, 2013
                      66 Posts
                      Posted: October 6, 2013, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

Hell no, I'm going to keep playing. Yes, 1 in 258.9 million is amazingly bad odds, but it's not like JPs and second prizes were falling into my lap weekly with 1 in 175.7 million odds. With the improvement in lower odds, I'll probably see more money back from the game than I have up to now. I put down my $2 for my 2 tickets a week and I get to dream a little, I've always known I was more likely to get struck by lightning than win a JP.

Illinois
                        United States
                        Member #141461
                        April 14, 2013
                        61 Posts
                        Posted: October 6, 2013, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

I rarely play at the current odds but am curious to see how things fare at the lower end of the prize spectrum.  I expect that I'll play a little once JP's get into the upper reaches.

I remain, patiently optimistic

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                          Mcminnville, Oregon
                          United States
                          Member #3013
                          December 13, 2003
                          3047 Posts
                          Posted: October 6, 2013, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

I will play my usual amount when the jackpot reaches around $50 to $60 million and then chase until it is won.  Granted I am not breaking the bank here with my ticket purchases because I buy one ticket only.  So just a couple of dollars every drawing to see if my lotto lightning can strike me with a jackpot.-weshar75

US Flag

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                            Bay Area - California
                            United States
                            Member #136477
                            December 12, 2012
                            4104 Posts
                            Posted: October 6, 2013, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

Where did you get your information that l SAID the price was being raised to $2.00?
                            Come on RJOH- unless you are  inebriated and having slight vision issues if which true, is understandable.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #55889
                              October 23, 2007
                              5588 Posts
                              Posted: October 6, 2013, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

How about you?

I'll probably still throw a buck at it. You gotta be in it to win it. The odds are so high already it doesn't make that much difference.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)