Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 5:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Will you be throwing in the towel when MM makes its changes?

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Jill34786.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Tatototman65's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
Member #138729
February 4, 2013
2875 Posts
Posted: October 6, 2013, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

I boycotted MM once the news got out that they were changing.

Smile

imagine's avatar - WINGS

United States
    Member #85047
    January 7, 2010
    102 Posts
    Posted: October 6, 2013, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Where did you get your information that l SAID the price was being raised to $2.00?
    Come on RJOH- unless you are  inebriated and having slight vision issues if which true, is understandable.

Well it's me, RJOH and lottomoama all drinking together.  It's late, skimming etc..  I miss read it also.

I'll play but not very much.  The PB change to $2 cut my wages to seldom.  I'll play occasionally.  Even with a big 300 million dollar jackpot, I don't always buy a ticket.
    I agree with you about bring on some second tier prizes.  Jeez they gotta throw us a bone once in awhile.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23352 Posts
      Posted: October 7, 2013, 8:20 am - IP Logged

Anyone who is not sure of the rule changes for Mega Millions game can see the news story posted about it back in July.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4146 Posts
        Posted: October 7, 2013, 10:00 am - IP Logged

Anyone who is not sure of the rule changes for Mega Millions game can see the news story posted about it back in July.

Thanks for the clarification Todd.

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #129225
          June 13, 2012
          546 Posts
          Posted: October 7, 2013, 10:09 am - IP Logged

I will be buying one ticket just to stay in the hunt and then when the jackpots grow larger I will add accordingly.  I will just be picking favorite numbers since there will be no statistics in the beginning.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
            Oklahoma
            United States
            Member #82391
            November 12, 2009
            6305 Posts
            Posted: October 7, 2013, 10:42 am - IP Logged

All it takes is one ticket to win it but if Oklahoma had a state lotto game I would play that instead because of the odds.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23352 Posts
              Posted: October 7, 2013, 10:50 am - IP Logged

Mega Millions definitely needed to do something in order to get ticket sales/jackpot amounts back to where they should be.  I love the fact that the lotteries are trying a different approach than they did for Powerball, because it offers a great way to compare.  Do higher ticket prices generate bigger jackpots?  Or will making people happy with the same low ticket price do the trick?  Let's see what the result is a year from now!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                Los Angeles, California
                United States
                Member #103813
                January 5, 2011
                1530 Posts
                Posted: October 7, 2013, 11:15 am - IP Logged

Mega Millions definitely needed to do something in order to get ticket sales/jackpot amounts back to where they should be.  I love the fact that the lotteries are trying a different approach than they did for Powerball, because it offers a great way to compare.  Do higher ticket prices generate bigger jackpots?  Or will making people happy with the same low ticket price do the trick?  Let's see what the result is a year from now!

I Agree! Glad they didn't just copy Powerball and tried something different, but keeping the dollar and a dream.

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
                  Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
                  United States
                  Member #50210
                  March 1, 2007
                  843 Posts
                  Posted: October 7, 2013, 11:49 am - IP Logged

No. I will just wait until the cash value gets close to $200 million prior to contributing a dollar.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

sookie's avatar - nw femalewiz.jpg

United States
                    Member #142686
                    May 17, 2013
                    94 Posts
                    Posted: October 7, 2013, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

Yes I will still play for $1 a ticket and when it grows I will get 2 or 4 dependson the amount of the jackpot

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                      Member #59354
                      March 13, 2008
                      4087 Posts
                      Posted: October 7, 2013, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

I have been gearing up for the matrix change since I first heard about it. 

The $1,000,000 match-5 second level prize will be hard to win but since

the ticket cost will remain $1.00 it's attractive enough.   Winning smaller

prizes will make the game more fun and we also have the possible billion

dollar JP's.  I expect the game to start slow but will become the game of

choice for many.  Some system players may shy away from the new game

but as for me I am all in.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                        Massachusetts
                        United States
                        Member #37433
                        April 14, 2006
                        2747 Posts
                        Posted: October 7, 2013, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

I will still play the MM contest in LP and the one a day MM, but I will not be spending any actual money.

At my place of work they organize lottery pools when the jp reaches the sky so I think that's the only time I will play. I dislike the MM changes but not as much as I would hate to be the only one that is left working while everyone else is vacationing in Tahiti or elsewhere lol

That money's gone fo ever

United States
                          Member #50210
                          March 1, 2007
                          843 Posts
                          Posted: October 7, 2013, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

So you think 258 million to 1 odds are bad? Just for kicks, I entered the PCH $7,000 a week for life sweepstakes. The odds for the main prize as well as a $1-million 2nd chance prize are both 1.3 billion to 1.

The payout for the $1 million prize is 25k for the first 29 years then 275k in the 30th year. I didn't buy anything even though the site will bombard you with offers and it still took about 5 minutes to complete the process.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10391 Posts
                            Posted: October 7, 2013, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

Jill34786,

With PCH type aweepstakes there's no buy-in so they can get away with such odds.

As for MM, the smaller bottom matrix will have a lot of people forgetting all about the top matrix going from 56 to 75 numbers. There will be a lot more smaller prizes but those who run lotteries know that most of that money paid out goes right back into the lottery, most often the game it came from.

It really seems as if the lotteries are going after uninformed players.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                              Member #50210
                              March 1, 2007
                              843 Posts
                              Posted: October 7, 2013, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss-Technically, the PCH sweepstakes is free but they inundate you with offers. The uninformed will take the bait and spend quite a bit in hopes of getting better treatment and odds.