Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Playing the same numbers for years or changing up from draw to draw?

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 3 years ago by MsNumberDreamer.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4146 Posts
Posted: November 1, 2013, 9:48 am - IP Logged

l change my numbers for every draw- its a personal thing although l do know of those who have played the same numbers for what seems like generations, l do not see the value in that- but perhaps that is just me. How about you?

Last year we had an individual from Southern California who had a press conference in which he "spilled the beans"  on his winning formula. Anniversary,kids birthdays,baptism,football jersey number in HS, etc etc.

l say if you going to win, you going to win- no amount of tea leave readings  coffee grounds, or wine sediments gives you the upper hand- would you agree?

* Have a Great Weekend People.

** Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.- George Bernard Shaw.

United States
    Member #145267
    August 1, 2013
    1732 Posts
    Posted: November 1, 2013, 10:59 am - IP Logged

It's hard to say what is going to work.  I do all three: play my own numbers for over 12 years, chase the lottery numbers to pick what might come out next, and do quick picks.  I only know about two people that have won big by using unique numbers, and yes there could be more.  That is why I'm starting to believe that the lottery looks for the least played numbers ( unique numbers ).  So,  I say if you can, do all three, because you really don't know if you have unique numbers that know one else has.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7344 Posts
      Posted: November 1, 2013, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

l change my numbers for every draw- its a personal thing although l do know of those who have played the same numbers for what seems like generations, l do not see the value in that- but perhaps that is just me. How about you?

Last year we had an individual from Southern California who had a press conference in which he "spilled the beans"  on his winning formula. Anniversary,kids birthdays,baptism,football jersey number in HS, etc etc.

l say if you going to win, you going to win- no amount of tea leave readings  coffee grounds, or wine sediments gives you the upper hand- would you agree?

* Have a Great Weekend People.

** Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.- George Bernard Shaw.

"l change my numbers for every draw- its a personal thing although l do know of those who have played the same numbers for what seems like generations, l do not see the value in that- but perhaps that is just me."

Since the odds of picking the winning combination or buying a QP with the winning combination are exactly the same, there is no advantage in doing either. Because you can't win the jackpot without matching the bonus number, there might be an advantage keying on bonus numbers.

Lots of players play the same set of pet numbers in every drawing and probably why you often hear a jackpot winner saying they played that way. How many jackpot winners have you heard say "I change my numbers for every draw"?

ThemBonez's avatar - 16314 s.jpg
        Phoenix, AZ
        United States
        Member #136173
        December 5, 2012
        1034 Posts
        Posted: November 1, 2013, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

I change my numbers for every draw as well.  Although, every now and then I'll go back about 2-3 weeks and play whatever numbers I came up with at that time.  Sometimes it pays off, Thumbs Up

"JACKPOT BABY!" ...those elusive words still elude me! LOL

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4146 Posts
          Posted: November 1, 2013, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

"l change my numbers for every draw- its a personal thing although l do know of those who have played the same numbers for what seems like generations, l do not see the value in that- but perhaps that is just me."

Since the odds of picking the winning combination or buying a QP with the winning combination are exactly the same, there is no advantage in doing either. Because you can't win the jackpot without matching the bonus number, there might be an advantage keying on bonus numbers.

Lots of players play the same set of pet numbers in every drawing and probably why you often hear a jackpot winner saying they played that way. How many jackpot winners have you heard say "I change my numbers for every draw"?

" Lots of players play the same set of numbers" does not translate into lots of winners- why Stack? ..because QP's claim the lion's share of the jackpot wins out there. If one is playing their own numbers,  that in of itself does not denote a QP.
          Whether l am buying QP's or just using my own numbers, l will change it up.
          As for winners saying " l change my numbers for every draw" is a moot point. If people for the most part are winning with QP's as you will agree " They are changing their numbers with every draw".Common sense dictates that.
          Have a good weekend bud.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
            Texas
            United States
            Member #86154
            January 30, 2010
            1654 Posts
            Posted: November 1, 2013, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

Well, noise-gate, let me put it like this. I've read many a stories where people had very sentimental numbers they always played. Then, I's read the part where one of several things happened at some point. (1) They forgot to play and thos numbers hit. Or, (2), they played the numbers, forgot they actually played and learned way later that they ended up finally winning. Lastly, we can look at the story that was posted here at LP, maybe a couple of years ago about that lady from Virginia.

She had a dedicated set of sentimental numbers which she ALWAYS played. Well, on one particular day as I remember, she was very busy and in a rush trying to take care of some business and decided she'd skip playing her numbers. Then, at the last minute, she made a mad dash and got those numbers played...and it payed off TWICE as I recall. That lady hit TWICE with those numbers if my memory serves and others may be able to further fill you in on the story.

If I were you, I'd stick with 'em, buddy. I'd hate to be reading your "If only I had played those numbers" story. Good luck!Yes Nod

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7344 Posts
              Posted: November 1, 2013, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

" Lots of players play the same set of numbers" does not translate into lots of winners- why Stack? ..because QP's claim the lion's share of the jackpot wins out there. If one is playing their own numbers,  that in of itself does not denote a QP.
              Whether l am buying QP's or just using my own numbers, l will change it up.
              As for winners saying " l change my numbers for every draw" is a moot point. If people for the most part are winning with QP's as you will agree " They are changing their numbers with every draw".Common sense dictates that.
              Have a good weekend bud.

"Whether l am buying QP's or just using my own numbers, l will change it up."

You either missed my point, misread what I said or don't understand what a quick pick is. I haven't found any examples of jackpot winners who picked their own numbers that claimed they change their numbers every drawing, but found lots of examples where the jackpot winner faithfully played the same numbers every drawing for years. I'm not even arguing that some self pick jackpot winners changed their numbers every drawing, but probably never mentioned it. Simply put, when a self pick wins the jackpot, the winner is usually asked how they chose those numbers and it's usually significant pet numbers.

"As for winners saying " l change my numbers for every draw" is a moot point."

It wasn't a moot point when Brad Duke was asked about his PB jackpot win.

"If people for the most part are winning with QP's as you will agree " They are changing their numbers with every draw"."

If you're buying QPs, you're not choosing the numbers. Have any examples of a QP jackpot winner being asked how they came up with those numbers?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10392 Posts
                Posted: November 1, 2013, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

noise-gate,

"l say if you going to win, you going to win- no amount of tea leave readings  coffee grounds, or wine sediments gives you the upper hand- would you agree?"

Yes, indeed, I couldn't agree more. Regardless of the method of number selection the fact that a set of numbers played are the numbers drawn is pure luck.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                  NY
                  United States
                  Member #121961
                  January 21, 2012
                  3159 Posts
                  Posted: November 2, 2013, 1:00 am - IP Logged

Been playing the same 10#s and 2 gold balls all year and have been close, but can't seem to line them up. I'll change or re-arrange them if i get 4+0.

Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4146 Posts
                    Posted: November 2, 2013, 1:42 am - IP Logged

"Whether l am buying QP's or just using my own numbers, l will change it up."

You either missed my point, misread what I said or don't understand what a quick pick is. I haven't found any examples of jackpot winners who picked their own numbers that claimed they change their numbers every drawing, but found lots of examples where the jackpot winner faithfully played the same numbers every drawing for years. I'm not even arguing that some self pick jackpot winners changed their numbers every drawing, but probably never mentioned it. Simply put, when a self pick wins the jackpot, the winner is usually asked how they chose those numbers and it's usually significant pet numbers.

"As for winners saying " l change my numbers for every draw" is a moot point."

It wasn't a moot point when Brad Duke was asked about his PB jackpot win.

"If people for the most part are winning with QP's as you will agree " They are changing their numbers with every draw"."

If you're buying QPs, you're not choosing the numbers. Have any examples of a QP jackpot winner being asked how they came up with those numbers?

No - l don't think l misread your earlier statement and yes l am well aware of what a QP is, l buy them all the time. Perhaps QP's in your neck of the woods are different to QP's on the Pacific West Coast.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                      United States
                      Member #112968
                      June 29, 2011
                      3857 Posts
                      Posted: November 2, 2013, 11:45 am - IP Logged

I been playing the same #s on the JC5 game for over 10 years, this is a 7 days a week game and I consider it my daily #

Only problem is now I'm afraid to miss a single draw,

the other game I change the #s often enough that I don't remember them

or I get QPs

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

LottoNick56's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                        Tampa, FL
                        United States
                        Member #121764
                        January 16, 2012
                        188 Posts
                        Posted: November 2, 2013, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

Been playing the same 10#s and 2 gold balls all year and have been close, but can't seem to line them up. I'll change or re-arrange them if i get 4+0.

How did you decide on those particular 10 + 2 numbers to start?

...Someone's going to win eventually...

...Never know, could be me...

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: November 2, 2013, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

I play one line of my own birthday numbers and one line of QP's for every draw, for a month at a time.

But please do not attempt to replicate this system on your own. It's too complex and you'll wind up in the nut house.

Wait until my book comes out where I explain everything in detail.

It's going to be a blockbusting expose`that is guaranteed to shake the lottery world to it's very foundations.

And it's due to hit the book stores shortly after I get around to writing it and getting it published.

LottoNick56's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                            Tampa, FL
                            United States
                            Member #121764
                            January 16, 2012
                            188 Posts
                            Posted: November 2, 2013, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

I play one line of my own birthday numbers and one line of QP's for every draw, for a month at a time.

But please do not attempt to replicate this system on your own. It's too complex and you'll wind up in the nut house.

Wait until my book comes out where I explain everything in detail.

It's going to be a blockbusting expose`that is guaranteed to shake the lottery world to it's very foundations.

And it's due to hit the book stores shortly after I get around to writing it and getting it published.

I don't think I can even understand the system you stated..how does one play birthday numbers on one line AND QP on another..I'm so confused by this system already!! Confused You're bound to win several jackpots with that method. Good Luck...like you even need it. Your System is Golden!

...Someone's going to win eventually...

...Never know, could be me...

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: November 2, 2013, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

I don't think I can even understand the system you stated..how does one play birthday numbers on one line AND QP on another..I'm so confused by this system already!! Confused You're bound to win several jackpots with that method. Good Luck...like you even need it. Your System is Golden!

Exactly!  Approve