Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Playing the same numbers for years or changing up from draw to draw?

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 3 years ago by MsNumberDreamer.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7314 Posts
Posted: November 2, 2013, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

No - l don't think l misread your earlier statement and yes l am well aware of what a QP is, l buy them all the time. Perhaps QP's in your neck of the woods are different to QP's on the Pacific West Coast.

It doesn't look you know QPs are created by a lottery terminal RNG or understand what "random number generator" means. How about explaining how a random number generator on the West Coast guarantees your set of numbers will change from the last drawing?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10351 Posts
    Posted: November 2, 2013, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

Re: Playing the same numbers or not. Back in the days before multi-state games one time the Illinois lottery jackpot was $43,000,000. A prineer from Chicago won it.

That week one of the tabloids had 2,3,10,29,30,43 as the lucky numbers for my zodiac sign. Those were the very numbers that he hit. I was in Vegas then and couldn't play lotto, but I remembered the numbers.

I haven't played them in any game, figuring it's very doubtful that entire set will hit again.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4108 Posts
      Posted: November 2, 2013, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

It doesn't look you know QPs are created by a lottery terminal RNG or understand what "random number generator" means. How about explaining how a random number generator on the West Coast guarantees your set of numbers will change from the last drawing?

You know what Stack- l threw in that line to prove a point- and you did. You always seem to want to have the last word on every discussion you enter into to prove something, l don't know if this is a Kentucky thing or not, but to expostulate my views as being wrong but yours as being the correct ones is nothing short of insanity.

For instance you ask" Do you understand what "Random number generator means?... what kind of a half arse  question is that?

Lets agree to disagree on this one and walk our separate ways.

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7314 Posts
        Posted: November 3, 2013, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

You know what Stack- l threw in that line to prove a point- and you did. You always seem to want to have the last word on every discussion you enter into to prove something, l don't know if this is a Kentucky thing or not, but to expostulate my views as being wrong but yours as being the correct ones is nothing short of insanity.

For instance you ask" Do you understand what "Random number generator means?... what kind of a half arse  question is that?

Lets agree to disagree on this one and walk our separate ways.

Do you actually play lottery games or do you just start threads to pretend you're knowledgeable about lottery games?

"l don't think l misread your earlier statement and yes l am well aware of what a QP is, l buy them all the time."

Which part of if a player is playing the same numbers for years, means they are playing self picks is confusing you?

And if you want to change the numbers you played in the last drawing, the only guaranteed method is by self pick. I'm not saying your views are wrong, but your math is because 37% of all possible combinations have at least one number from the previous drawing. That also means 37% of all the combinations have at least one number from your QP combination.

I suggested you don't understand what "RNG" means if you believe buying a QP guarantees changing your numbers from draw to draw. The odds of not winning the jackpot is exactly the same by changing a set of numbers or replaying them. It's no skin off my nose if you disagree with the math or not.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4108 Posts
          Posted: November 3, 2013, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

Stack- It seems having the Platinum status suggests to you that you function at a higher gambling level than the rest of us " average" players- well more power to you for that. l have noticed that in your particular case you seem to think so. You lit into Redstang for making a suggestion and went further by saying to a fellow member in not so many words " Why waste your time  with these  newbie LP players". That is rather arrogant to assume that this forum is for the likes of people with your way of thinking and yours only.Everyone started in this forum at some point- perhaps you have forgotten that.

Before joining this forum- l read the rules. Todd specifically said that he wants this to be a place for people to " come and share, be sociable"- your opinion with your remarks suggests otherwise. l would submit to you that you look within.

Am l a serious gambler- No.But l love engaging in conversation that would illicit a reasonable response from people. When l start a thread it is not to make fun of people or convey the idea that l have been soaked in the game for years- l do it because it is part of sharing information with others. There is no rule in this forum that says " If not a serious lottery player- do not attempt to start a thread". Live and let live. 

l bear you no ill will. Be well.

Me.

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3474 Posts
            Posted: November 4, 2013, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

"How about explaining how a random number generator on the West Coast guarantees your set of numbers will change from the last drawing?"

I thought you understood probability well enough that you wouldn't need to ask that. I'm pretty sure the OP's intent was that the question is geared toward jackpot games, so the chances of getting combinations you've played in the past are extremely slim.

I think it's also a serious nit if you think that having one or two individual numbers repeat means your "numbers" didn't change in the context of the question, since changing any single number results in  a different combination. Of course, that is one of the problems with people not speaking precisely, since  people commonly use the  word "numbers" when the are referring to a combination.

No matter how you view it, playing a QP means you're specifically not choosing the individual numbers or attempting to repeat any of them from a previous selection.

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7314 Posts
              Posted: November 4, 2013, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

"How about explaining how a random number generator on the West Coast guarantees your set of numbers will change from the last drawing?"

I thought you understood probability well enough that you wouldn't need to ask that. I'm pretty sure the OP's intent was that the question is geared toward jackpot games, so the chances of getting combinations you've played in the past are extremely slim.

I think it's also a serious nit if you think that having one or two individual numbers repeat means your "numbers" didn't change in the context of the question, since changing any single number results in  a different combination. Of course, that is one of the problems with people not speaking precisely, since  people commonly use the  word "numbers" when the are referring to a combination.

No matter how you view it, playing a QP means you're specifically not choosing the individual numbers or attempting to repeat any of them from a previous selection.

"I'm pretty sure the OP's intent was that the question is geared toward jackpot games, so the chances of getting combinations you've played in the past are extremely slim."

I read it to mean changing your combinations every drawing compared to playing the same sets for months or years. Either way it basically means the same thing and QPs can't guarantee your combos will change on the West Coast or East Coast.

"No matter how you view it, playing a QP means you're specifically not choosing the individual numbers or attempting to repeat any of them from a previous selection."

I haven't read where anyone said you can pick your combos playing QPs and by definition, you're doing nothing more than purchasing a chance to win a prize. There are millions of other things players aren't doing when purchasing QPs and if they really want to change their numbers, self picks is the only solution.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: November 4, 2013, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

I change my QP numbers like I change my underwear.

Every month, whether I need to or not.

London
                  United Kingdom
                  Member #140684
                  March 24, 2013
                  566 Posts
                  Posted: November 5, 2013, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

I just get a "Quick Pick" every time I get a ticket, I don't play every draw and would be pretty annoyed to say the least if my numbers came up when I didn't play.

"Quick Picks" just take out the stress of playing for me.

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

United States
                    Member #122468
                    February 1, 2012
                    530 Posts
                    Posted: November 5, 2013, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

I just get a "Quick Pick" every time I get a ticket, I don't play every draw and would be pretty annoyed to say the least if my numbers came up when I didn't play.

"Quick Picks" just take out the stress of playing for me.

Hi JoshUK,

I also tend to just buy quick picks for the same reason you mentioned. On occasion I might pick my own numbers to change things up but that is rare.

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
                      Pittsburg, Ks
                      United States
                      Member #3382
                      January 17, 2004
                      80933 Posts
                      Posted: November 5, 2013, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

It's hard to say what is going to work.  I do all three: play my own numbers for over 12 years, chase the lottery numbers to pick what might come out next, and do quick picks.  I only know about two people that have won big by using unique numbers, and yes there could be more.  That is why I'm starting to believe that the lottery looks for the least played numbers ( unique numbers ).  So,  I say if you can, do all three, because you really don't know if you have unique numbers that know one else has.

I have haerd said to play numbers above 31.

God Bless America

US Flag

United States
                        Member #148553
                        November 4, 2013
                        31 Posts
                        Posted: November 5, 2013, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

It's best to stick with the same numbers for the big games. On the other hand, for the small games it's really a matter of preference.

butch2030's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                          The KEY ingredient is Combos & Patterns
                          Elgin, IL
                          United States
                          Member #68867
                          January 1, 2009
                          1221 Posts
                          Posted: November 7, 2013, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

l change my numbers for every draw- its a personal thing although l do know of those who have played the same numbers for what seems like generations, l do not see the value in that- but perhaps that is just me. How about you?

Last year we had an individual from Southern California who had a press conference in which he "spilled the beans"  on his winning formula. Anniversary,kids birthdays,baptism,football jersey number in HS, etc etc.

l say if you going to win, you going to win- no amount of tea leave readings  coffee grounds, or wine sediments gives you the upper hand- would you agree?

* Have a Great Weekend People.

** Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.- George Bernard Shaw.

You ought to try these numbers for the CA Super Lotto.  There are combinations in every Jackpot Game.

Here's 3 drawings in the CA Super Lotto.  Try playing 26 30 37 38 45

DATE#1#2#3#4#5MB
                          2009-03-1826373844459
                          2013-10-02233037384522
                          2013-01-16263032374516

Food for thought.

Good Luck & Best Wishes

butch2030's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                            The KEY ingredient is Combos & Patterns
                            Elgin, IL
                            United States
                            Member #68867
                            January 1, 2009
                            1221 Posts
                            Posted: November 7, 2013, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

Or try these numbers 01 12 29 34 38.  Here are 4 more drawings in the CA Super Lotto.

DATE#1#2#3#4#5MB
                            2009-05-0212029343827
                            2010-05-2913172934384
                            2011-12-0311219293412
                            2009-11-0411229383919

As for the big games, I play the combinations that have a history of coming in together.

Combinations & Patterns are the Key to winning it big.

Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4108 Posts
                              Posted: November 7, 2013, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

You ought to try these numbers for the CA Super Lotto.  There are combinations in every Jackpot Game.

Here's 3 drawings in the CA Super Lotto.  Try playing 26 30 37 38 45

DATE#1#2#3#4#5MB
                              2009-03-1826373844459
                              2013-10-02233037384522
                              2013-01-16263032374516

Food for thought.

Good Luck & Best Wishes

Butch- As luck would have it, l have $3.00 floating around in my glove compartment,  l will take your advice and let you know how it panned out.
                              I like advice,  especially when it's good.
                              Hyper