Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The New Mega Millions Game - So Do You Like It Or Not?

Topic closed. 159 replies. Last post 3 years ago by sully16.

Page 8 of 11
PrintE-mailLink
Austin, Tx
United States
Member #141712
April 21, 2013
9 Posts
Posted: November 19, 2013, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

I haven't played since the change. To me, 250 million whatever to one odds are just stupid. I can't even imagine beating those odds, and if I can't imagine it, I'm not going to play. Maybe when the jackpot gets to a billion I'll thow in a fiver.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: November 19, 2013, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

I haven't played since the change. To me, 250 million whatever to one odds are just stupid. I can't even imagine beating those odds, and if I can't imagine it, I'm not going to play. Maybe when the jackpot gets to a billion I'll thow in a fiver.

It's one chance in 258.9 million.

That's like trying to find a feminine woman on The View.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
      Texas Panhandle
      United States
      Member #136843
      December 20, 2012
      1280 Posts
      Posted: November 19, 2013, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

It's one chance in 258.9 million.

That's like trying to find a feminine woman on The View.

I'm sure glad there's not such a thing as reincarnation;  I'd hate to come back in my next life as the couch on that show.

Cupcake10's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
        Member #91718
        May 23, 2010
        690 Posts
        Posted: November 20, 2013, 2:01 am - IP Logged

Cupcake, I'm getting a psychic impression that you don't like Mega Millions.

I'd almost be willing to bet on it.

I really don't like it. The odds are ridiculous!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: November 20, 2013, 2:53 am - IP Logged

I really don't like it. The odds are ridiculous!

I knowed it!

I should start doing readings and get to hippatizin' people and all like that.

I'll start with the wimmins first...

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7314 Posts
            Posted: November 20, 2013, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

According to the Lottoreport website $26.3M was spent on MM tickets and $40.2M was spent on PB tickets for their last drawings.  Now that PB was won and reset to a $40M jackpot, I expect more will be spent on MM for their next drawings.

Now that MM is "much easier" to win something, I'll bet lots of the MM "winners" are buying PB tickets with their $1 to $5 winning tickets.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19829 Posts
              Posted: November 20, 2013, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

Now that MM is "much easier" to win something, I'll bet lots of the MM "winners" are buying PB tickets with their $1 to $5 winning tickets.

My sales predictions for MM and PB could be wrong, according the LottoReport website last night's MM ticket sales were $27.7M and the last time PB was $40M, its ticket sales were $31.4M.  Maybe MM jackpot will have to exceed $200M before there's a big jump in its sales.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                Member #106923
                February 27, 2011
                478 Posts
                Posted: November 20, 2013, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

My sales predictions for MM and PB could be wrong, according the LottoReport website last night's MM ticket sales were $27.7M and the last time PB was $40M, its ticket sales were $31.4M.  Maybe MM jackpot will have to exceed $200M before there's a big jump in its sales.

Gee, maybe the MegaMillions jackpot WILL exceed $200... just like the odds!  Maybe they should come out with a MegaMillions Jackpot clock... one like the national debt clock.  We can continue to watch it grow by the minute, but of course it will never need to start over.Rant

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: November 21, 2013, 12:20 am - IP Logged

I think once the MM jp hits a billion dollars, they should take away one number from the matrix every week until it's won.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19829 Posts
                    Posted: November 21, 2013, 1:01 am - IP Logged

My sales predictions for MM and PB was right after all.  Lottoreport showed PB sales for tonight's drawing was only $25.9M the lowest since back in March. 

It will get higher as the jackpot rise but I suspect it will take longer than normal for PB jackpots to start increasing more than $10M per drawing.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

stunna6036's avatar - Lottery-033.jpg
                      chicago,il
                      United States
                      Member #141327
                      April 11, 2013
                      46 Posts
                      Posted: November 21, 2013, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

Has there been a winner of the megaplier option yet. You know this was a big selling point of this new matrix but I haven't seen a megaplier winner yet for the extra millions. And when you think about it no one has yet to win the jackpot since it changed. How could this be a good thing.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                        Economy class
                        Belgium
                        Member #123700
                        February 27, 2012
                        4035 Posts
                        Posted: November 21, 2013, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke

Mega Millions results  11/19:                                                                                 14-15-29-49-63  +  2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SergeM                                                  4+0  ( Excellent Call )

Nydebbie                                               1+1

Duckman                                               1+1

Cassdreams                                          1+1

Marierich                                              0+1

Dallascowboyfan                               0+1

QUAIL MONEY                                    0+1   ***    ( read the guidelines )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats to:  SergeM (excellent Call), Nydebbie, Duckman, Cassdreams, Marierich,

Dallascowboyfan, & QUAIL MONEY, (Quail money, read the guidelines.)

Congrats to all who played.

_________________________________________________________________

Almost made it:  Rcbbuckeye , & Magma , both with 2+0.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                          Economy class
                          Belgium
                          Member #123700
                          February 27, 2012
                          4035 Posts
                          Posted: November 21, 2013, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

I think once the MM jp hits a billion dollars, they should take away one number from the matrix every week until it's won.

They might organize a daily MM.

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7314 Posts
                            Posted: November 21, 2013, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

There is enough of a MM and PB large jackpot history to almost predict when the ticket buying frenzy will start and sales are usually less than $60 million when the jackpot is under $200 million. In the past it took $300 million jackpots to produce $100 million in sales.

And let's not forget the jackpot value changed when they changed the game. For a fair comparison, it must be cash value and that site uses the annuity value. Megaplier sales are about 45% higher and will be interesting to see if the that continues if a buying frenzy starts. Will players buy extra jackpot tickets with the money they usually spend on the Megaplier?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: November 21, 2013, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke

Mega Millions results  11/19:                                                                                 14-15-29-49-63  +  2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SergeM                                                  4+0  ( Excellent Call )

Nydebbie                                               1+1

Duckman                                               1+1

Cassdreams                                          1+1

Marierich                                              0+1

Dallascowboyfan                               0+1

QUAIL MONEY                                    0+1   ***    ( read the guidelines )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats to:  SergeM (excellent Call), Nydebbie, Duckman, Cassdreams, Marierich,

Dallascowboyfan, & QUAIL MONEY, (Quail money, read the guidelines.)

Congrats to all who played.

_________________________________________________________________

Almost made it:  Rcbbuckeye , & Magma , both with 2+0.

You da man, Sergey! Thumbs Up

Page 8 of 11