Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Feeling a bit down..

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 3 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
Texas Panhandle
United States
Member #136843
December 20, 2012
1258 Posts
Posted: November 12, 2013, 8:50 am - IP Logged

better odds of

picking a perfect NCAA bracket

Nah, your odds are better w/ the lottery.  I just looked it up; the odds of picking a perfect bracket are one in 9.2 quintillion.

dating a supermodel

I wouldn't have a clue as to what your odds would be on that;  I can, however, tell you what MINE are: Zilch, Zero, Nada...unless I hit the lottery, then they'll go up a tiny bit...to about the same as picking a perfect NCAA bracket.

becoming a pro athlete

Give Jerry Jones a call;  the Cowboys could use some help.  You really couldn't be any worse than some of the guys on the field Sunday night.

or winning an academy award

If Renee Zellweger can do it, anyone can.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #82391
    November 12, 2009
    6290 Posts
    Posted: November 12, 2013, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

Congratulation on graduating and your new job. Remember it only take a ticket to win it.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

LottoNick56's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
      Tampa, FL
      United States
      Member #121764
      January 16, 2012
      188 Posts
      Posted: November 13, 2013, 3:25 am - IP Logged

Thank you to everyone who responded to my posting and to those of you who sent me private messages. I have never once in my long usage of the internet come across such an accepting and caring group of individuals. It's very difficult these days to post ANYTHING on a message board without only receiving cynical, arrogant, sarcastic, or just mean-spirited responses. Everyone these days is atough guy and / or comedian. I really appreciate all the support you all have given me and you've all made me feel much better. I'm going to take the advice I've received and begin to appreciate what I have more and not dwell on what I don't have.

...Someone's going to win eventually...

...Never know, could be me...

NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90535
        April 29, 2010
        11975 Posts
        Posted: November 13, 2013, 9:27 am - IP Logged

Lately, things haven't been going my way. I graduated from college in December 2012 and have spent this entire year looking for full-time employment. Finally got an opportunity to begin training at a company for a full-time position at the beginning of December of this year. I have been playing jackpot lottery games for 6 years now and have won no more than $5 on Powerball/ Mega Millions at most 5 or 6 times in all that time. I put some effort into developing strategies that never work, and have given up on strategies and simply play QP to no avail. I mostly play inconsistenly as I cannot afford even to play up to $5 a week consistently so I only play Florida Lotto over $25m, Powerball over $100m, and Mega Millions over $120m. I have been receiving financial assistance from my parents to help pay for my rent and my food for the past 6 months. This economy is tough to find good work, even with a college degree. I look at the lottery as a small chance, a glimmer of a possibility of once and for all, winning and fulfilling my dreams. I don't depend on the lottery (as I have said I have been seeking employment and playing very little) but I do HOPE that one day the prize can be mine. However, lately, I know the odds are astronomical but someone out there is that one who beats the odds and wins every few weeks. Someone who believed the odds to be too large to win, actually wins. I just want that to be me. But as I go to purchase my ticket for the Florida Lotto and Mega Millions on Tuesday, I will be purchasing them realizing my better odds of picking a perfect NCAA bracket, dating a supermodel, becoming a pro athlete, or winning an academy award. I feel down and defeated. I will continue to purchase tickets when they meet my criteria of play but just can't bring myself to imagine the feeling I picture of winning, to actually become a reality.  Unhappy

One Day.
        ...but actually probably never.

You have to play to win.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!