Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

While buying your tickets, if someone in front of you drop a $100 bill

Topic closed. 65 replies. Last post 3 years ago by onlymoney.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
Member #141034
April 2, 2013
1408 Posts
Posted: November 20, 2013, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

Great question Cash, especially the scenario you picked, "While buying your tickets, if someone in front of you drop a $100 bill". Some people might think this is free money, especially when monster lotto jackpot is in effect, so they can buy more tickets. THE MONEY IS NOT YOURS, SO YOU BETTER GIVE IT BACK IMMEDIATELY!!! No No.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19774 Posts
    Posted: November 20, 2013, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

Going to have nightmares now... White Bounce

LOL

Let it Snow Snowman

JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
      Member #141034
      April 2, 2013
      1408 Posts
      Posted: November 20, 2013, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

I'd pick it up and give it to them. I don't believe in luck or karma, I just don't want to be an a - hole (I'm fairly new here. Is profanity allowed?).

Stealing and profanity should never be allowed or encouaraged anywhere. They happen anyway regardless......just a fact of life. As a lottery player, luck and karma, sometimes play a part in the equation.  Like the musical group JOURNEY sang, "Don't stop believing......". Banana

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: November 20, 2013, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

Great question Cash, especially the scenario you picked, "While buying your tickets, if someone in front of you drop a $100 bill". Some people might think this is free money, especially when monster lotto jackpot is in effect, so they can buy more tickets. THE MONEY IS NOT YOURS, SO YOU BETTER GIVE IT BACK IMMEDIATELY!!! No No.

What if that 100 dollar bill that fell on the floor was just stolen out of a collection plate from a church?  Just because it is on the floor does not mean that it was not intended to be on the floor.

That is why I would look at it and "think". (Although I cant be sure I am doing the thinking, maybe I am only receiving thoughts in my brain?)

Where does money come from?

That would be a more interesting question.

They say it doesn't grow on trees.  But it is made of trees.  (Or to satisfy the sticklers, cellulose)

This all just leads to my continued confusion.

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: November 20, 2013, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

Stealing and profanity should never be allowed or encouaraged anywhere. They happen anyway regardless......just a fact of life. As a lottery player, luck and karma, sometimes play a part in the equation.  Like the musical group JOURNEY sang, "Don't stop believing......". Banana

Yes that was the closing song of the sopranos miniseries.

Not too much stealing or profanity or fornication going on there.  After all that was in the HOME BO.

(I love Home BO.)Love

I dont think we should encourage profanity, or stealing either.

We should encourage GMO's.

JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
            Member #141034
            April 2, 2013
            1408 Posts
            Posted: November 20, 2013, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

What if that 100 dollar bill that fell on the floor was just stolen out of a collection plate from a church?  Just because it is on the floor does not mean that it was not intended to be on the floor.

That is why I would look at it and "think". (Although I cant be sure I am doing the thinking, maybe I am only receiving thoughts in my brain?)

Where does money come from?

That would be a more interesting question.

They say it doesn't grow on trees.  But it is made of trees.  (Or to satisfy the sticklers, cellulose)

This all just leads to my continued confusion.

Simple solution....ignore it and leave it on the floor, and have the person who dropped it, pick it up. If you are not very sure, he/she dropped it, then absolve yourself completely of the situation, by ignoring the money, and let somebody else worry about it. No confusion there.

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: November 20, 2013, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

Simple solution....ignore it and leave it on the floor, and have the person who dropped it, pick it up. If you are not very sure, he/she dropped it, then absolve yourself completely of the situation, by ignoring the money, and let somebody else worry about it. No confusion there.

Yes thats true to a point.  What if the person who dropped it does not realize it and

while I am thinking, I see somebody else bend down and pick it up and take it and then walk out the store, what would I do then? Would I be upset that I just thought, and did not take it myself? And what if the person picking it up was the priest with the lost collection plate?

What if the 100 dollar bill was counterfeit?  This is all very hypothetical.

JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                Member #141034
                April 2, 2013
                1408 Posts
                Posted: November 20, 2013, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Yes thats true to a point.  What if the person who dropped it does not realize it and

while I am thinking, I see somebody else bend down and pick it up and take it and then walk out the store, what would I do then? Would I be upset that I just thought, and did not take it myself? And what if the person picking it up was the priest with the lost collection plate?

What if the 100 dollar bill was counterfeit?  This is all very hypothetical.

Of course it's all hypothetical. "KEEP YOUR EYES ON YOUR BALLS"{not a typo}, and you will not notice a thing. Pure bliss.No Nod

United States
                  Member #124493
                  March 14, 2012
                  7023 Posts
                  Posted: November 20, 2013, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

Of course it's all hypothetical. "KEEP YOUR EYES ON YOUR BALLS"{not a typo}, and you will not notice a thing. Pure bliss.No Nod

KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE BALLS

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10350 Posts
                    Posted: November 20, 2013, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

In some parts of the country the $100 would have never hit the ground. (Vegas joke)

Scared

Seriously though, doing anything but telling the person they dropped it would indeed be bad karma. This is called creating a karmic debt, and as sully16 said they come back threefold.

This is typical, someone laves a grocery store with items in the bottom of the basket that they didn't get charged for. So let's say they figure they are 'getting over'' and don't go pay for them, and let's say those things came to $40. Fast forward a few days and that same peron loses a $20 or more....now that same person is furious.

Unfortunately there are some people who live to 'get over' on others and their day isn't complete until they beat somebody out of something. when they day comes that they picked on the wrong person they scream like banshees.

haymaker,

This was back in the 1950's. A guy and his son are walking down the street in Jersey City and see a black Lincoln that's pretty dirty and looks abandoned in a driveway and the trunk is popped up a litle, unlocked. They look inside and there is a briefcase with $50,000 in it. They take it to the police station and give it to the desk sergeant.

A few days later they go back to ask him if anybody knew anything about the money and other cops tell them the desk sergeant disappeared and they haven't seen him for days. He never did come back.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7308 Posts
                      Posted: November 20, 2013, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

"Because I can ask any question I please..... "

So can I. Wink

Badda Bing!

Maybe they expect someone to say they would place their foot over the bill and wait until the person left and then pick it up and put it in their pocket.

United States
                        Member #124493
                        March 14, 2012
                        7023 Posts
                        Posted: November 20, 2013, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Badda Bing!

Maybe they expect someone to say they would place their foot over the bill and wait until the person left and then pick it up and put it in their pocket.

Thats clever.  I will have to remember that.

United States
                          Member #124493
                          March 14, 2012
                          7023 Posts
                          Posted: November 20, 2013, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

In some parts of the country the $100 would have never hit the ground. (Vegas joke)

Scared

Seriously though, doing anything but telling the person they dropped it would indeed be bad karma. This is called creating a karmic debt, and as sully16 said they come back threefold.

This is typical, someone laves a grocery store with items in the bottom of the basket that they didn't get charged for. So let's say they figure they are 'getting over'' and don't go pay for them, and let's say those things came to $40. Fast forward a few days and that same peron loses a $20 or more....now that same person is furious.

Unfortunately there are some people who live to 'get over' on others and their day isn't complete until they beat somebody out of something. when they day comes that they picked on the wrong person they scream like banshees.

haymaker,

This was back in the 1950's. A guy and his son are walking down the street in Jersey City and see a black Lincoln that's pretty dirty and looks abandoned in a driveway and the trunk is popped up a litle, unlocked. They look inside and there is a briefcase with $50,000 in it. They take it to the police station and give it to the desk sergeant.

A few days later they go back to ask him if anybody knew anything about the money and other cops tell them the desk sergeant disappeared and they haven't seen him for days. He never did come back.

It would be wrong to not take this chance to get political.

Are you referring to Republicans are Democrats here?

P.S.

That is quite a funny joke.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10350 Posts
                            Posted: November 20, 2013, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

LottoBoner,

Neither specifically. Just the kind of people that live to get over on others.

The ones who want what others worked for without themselves working for it or doing anything for it.

One of TLCML programs comes to mind where a jackpot winner said her sister-in-law said, "Now that we've won...." and the winner said, "We? You didn't go dibs on the ticket." That kind of stuff.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                              United States
                              Member #112968
                              June 29, 2011
                              3854 Posts
                              Posted: November 20, 2013, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

Scared

haymaker,

A dirty Lincoln in Dirty city ? LOL

CoinToss is that a true story ?

Sounds like it is.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.