Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is there a jackpot win you would consider " too small" and not bother coming forward to claim?

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Stack47.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7295 Posts
Posted: November 23, 2013, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

Who's "We", the strange topic creation committee? Twitch

There is a $16 mil PB jackpot that expires Thursday- how are these things allowed to happen?

The committee apparently believes the lotteries some how control what people do with their tickets before the drawing by allowing them to put them somewhere that will remain out of sight until after the validation deadline.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4102 Posts
    Posted: November 23, 2013, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

It sure is easy to criticize a so called " stupid question" when one has nothing positive to say.l went ahead and asked it- why? because l can..!!

If l asked intelligent questions all the time- would l be guaranteed to get intelligent answers? l will answer that with a loud NO.

Problem we have here is that some take this forum a bit too serious. Its meant to entertain ideas and silly questions as well. Not everyone here has your great IQ- so get down off your high horses and mingle with the crowd.

If you wondering how l came up with this question- it was partly through RJOH's response noted here.

Maybe it was bought by a snow-bird who was just about to hop into a plane to fly north..really sad. I'd rather someone claim and waste the money than never claim at all.

I suppose hearing a jackpot of $20M or less was won isn't enough to get some people concerned to the point of checking their tickets.  I wonder how long will it be before a jackpot of $200M+ goes unclaimed.

** As for the "We"- obviously it does not include you JonD- Why worry or give it a 2nd thought? Not unless you are on that committee and were not told about it. l promise to buy you a happy meal next time round to calm you down.

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
      Florida
      United States
      Member #61435
      May 22, 2008
      906 Posts
      Posted: November 23, 2013, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

Hopefully you realize a cartoon is meant to be funny.  High horse indeed....but seriously how many people KNOW they have won money and decline to claim it?  Probably .001%.  Way more people don't know they won and subsequently never claim it.

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: November 23, 2013, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

Hopefully you realize a cartoon is meant to be funny.  High horse indeed....but seriously how many people KNOW they have won money and decline to claim it?  Probably .001%.  Way more people don't know they won and subsequently never claim it.

I still think they just had a bout of prolonged excessive explosive diarrea.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
          Los Angeles, California
          United States
          Member #103813
          January 5, 2011
          1530 Posts
          Posted: November 24, 2013, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

** As for the "We"- obviously it does not include you JonD- Why worry or give it a 2nd thought? Not unless you are on that committee and were not told about it. l promise to buy you a happy meal next time round to calm you down.

I was merely making a humorous observation of the use of "We" in your post, that's all. Kind of reminded me of the character Gollum in the way he talks about himself:

"Hobbit...tricks us."  "We hates it!"

I thought BuyLow's cartoon was funny also. I thought you said funny was welcomed?(and could be handled...)

I guess We were wrong to assume that. No Nod

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4102 Posts
            Posted: November 24, 2013, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

** As for the "We"- obviously it does not include you JonD- Why worry or give it a 2nd thought? Not unless you are on that committee and were not told about it. l promise to buy you a happy meal next time round to calm you down.

I was merely making a humorous observation of the use of "We" in your post, that's all. Kind of reminded me of the character Gollum in the way he talks about himself:

I thought BuyLow's cartoon was funny also. I thought you said funny was welcomed?(and could be handled...)

As Gollum would say " We" recognize condescending BS when we see it, dont " WE"  Precious?"

Have a good day Jon.Big Smile

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7295 Posts
              Posted: November 24, 2013, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

It sure is easy to criticize a so called " stupid question" when one has nothing positive to say.l went ahead and asked it- why? because l can..!!

If l asked intelligent questions all the time- would l be guaranteed to get intelligent answers? l will answer that with a loud NO.

Problem we have here is that some take this forum a bit too serious. Its meant to entertain ideas and silly questions as well. Not everyone here has your great IQ- so get down off your high horses and mingle with the crowd.

If you wondering how l came up with this question- it was partly through RJOH's response noted here.

Maybe it was bought by a snow-bird who was just about to hop into a plane to fly north..really sad. I'd rather someone claim and waste the money than never claim at all.

I suppose hearing a jackpot of $20M or less was won isn't enough to get some people concerned to the point of checking their tickets.  I wonder how long will it be before a jackpot of $200M+ goes unclaimed.

** As for the "We"- obviously it does not include you JonD- Why worry or give it a 2nd thought? Not unless you are on that committee and were not told about it. l promise to buy you a happy meal next time round to calm you down.

Just another of example of you starting a thread with no thought and then complaining about the responses. There are lots of examples of lottery prizes that could be considered "too small" to claim, but you used the term "jackpot win".

If you have an example of what most LP members define as a "jackpot win" that is "too small" to claim now is the time to use it because your "stupid question" excuses aren't working. And neither is acting like you're offended.

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7295 Posts
                Posted: November 24, 2013, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

I guess some members just can't take constructive criticism very well and rather argue about the critics than to give an example of what type of jackpot and game they want to discuss. Is it the fault of the knowlegible membership that players don't "come forward" to claim free tickets or any other tiny prizes? 

"I thought you said funny was welcomed?"

And "coming forward to claim" a free ticket is very funny. LOL

cooltalker's avatar - 256x256 jpg?orig=1
                  Dallas, TX
                  United States
                  Member #147996
                  October 19, 2013
                  16 Posts
                  Posted: November 24, 2013, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

I don't think there are any jackpots that are too small, but I did win $2 once which I never claimed.

Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4102 Posts
                    Posted: November 25, 2013, 12:25 am - IP Logged

Just another of example of you starting a thread with no thought and then complaining about the responses. There are lots of examples of lottery prizes that could be considered "too small" to claim, but you used the term "jackpot win".

If you have an example of what most LP members define as a "jackpot win" that is "too small" to claim now is the time to use it because your "stupid question" excuses aren't working. And neither is acting like you're offended.

As always your asinine remarks have been noted. 

** Which reminds me: when was the last time you posted a question or started a thread? All you ever do is stand on the sidelines and post your responses, afraid to get your feet wet? Get in the trenches dammit and quit complaining.Let others critique you for a change- guess thats too much to ask.l should have known.

Oh well: Run along and Play then.

Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4102 Posts
                      Posted: November 25, 2013, 1:56 am - IP Logged

Hey Stack- ....You posted this.

" Just another of example of you starting a thread with no thought and then complaining about the responses. There are lots of examples of lottery prizes that could be considered "too small" to claim, but you used the term "jackpot win".

Guess what- is was a JACKPOT WIN..

" The 180-day window passed late Thursday with no one coming forward to claim a $16.66 Powerball jackpot from a ticket bought in Hillsborough County, Florida.

The ticket was sold in May at Carrollwood Market, a convenience store at 4550 W. Village Drive.

The ticket was worth one third of a $50 million Powerball jackpot drawn May 25. The two other winning tickets were sold in Delaware and Louisiana. The winning numbers were 2, 6, 19, 21, and 27, with Powerball number 25."

Next time- do careful research- before posted and promoting your personal BS.

*** BTW- l just broke you.

NY
                        United States
                        Member #23835
                        October 16, 2005
                        3474 Posts
                        Posted: November 25, 2013, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

I once won a 46 cent jackpot, but didn't bother claiming it, since I would have had to mail in a claim form.

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7295 Posts
                          Posted: November 25, 2013, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

Hey Stack- ....You posted this.

" Just another of example of you starting a thread with no thought and then complaining about the responses. There are lots of examples of lottery prizes that could be considered "too small" to claim, but you used the term "jackpot win".

Guess what- is was a JACKPOT WIN..

" The 180-day window passed late Thursday with no one coming forward to claim a $16.66 Powerball jackpot from a ticket bought in Hillsborough County, Florida.

The ticket was sold in May at Carrollwood Market, a convenience store at 4550 W. Village Drive.

The ticket was worth one third of a $50 million Powerball jackpot drawn May 25. The two other winning tickets were sold in Delaware and Louisiana. The winning numbers were 2, 6, 19, 21, and 27, with Powerball number 25."

Next time- do careful research- before posted and promoting your personal BS.

*** BTW- l just broke you.

"The 180-day window passed late Thursday with no one coming forward to claim a $16.66 Powerball jackpot from a ticket bought in Hillsborough County, Florida." and "The ticket was worth one third of a $50 million Powerball jackpot drawn May 25."

When did $16.66 become "one third of a $50 million Powerball jackpot"? Do you need someone to explain to you the story had a typo?

"Next time- do careful research- before posted and promoting your personal BS."

It's not my fault you think $16.66 is "one third of $50 million". Can't wait for your next nonsensical thread explaining why $16.6 million is not considered a large enough jackpot to claim.

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
                            Florida
                            United States
                            Member #61435
                            May 22, 2008
                            906 Posts
                            Posted: November 25, 2013, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

People, people.....lol... you do realize that arguing on the internet is equivalent to peeing into the wind.  It just makes no sense.  Jester Laugh

United States
                              Member #124493
                              March 14, 2012
                              7023 Posts
                              Posted: November 25, 2013, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

People, people.....lol... you do realize that arguing on the internet is equivalent to peeing into the wind.  It just makes no sense.  Jester Laugh

Sun SmileyYellow EyesActually on a real hot day, in the middle of the desert, peeing into the wind might make sense.Sun Smiley