Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you were part of a lottery Pool that won..

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4110 Posts
Posted: December 3, 2013, 11:28 am - IP Logged

But this was one occasion that you did not pitch in- would you...

(A) Shrug your shoulders and say " l screwed up- totally bad timing. All the best to my friends.

(B) Hope you buddies would cover you no matter what and say " Hey, there is enough in the pot to keep us all satisfied for life, getting Joe in despite his lack of vision this time is no big deal.

(C) Get yourself an Attorney to make a case that you were a regular player and somehow feel you should be part of the winners circle?

* Just for Fun.-what say you?

* Have a Great first week of December.

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #129225
    June 13, 2012
    546 Posts
    Posted: December 3, 2013, 11:39 am - IP Logged

D.) Jump off a bridge

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4110 Posts
      Posted: December 3, 2013, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

D.) Jump off a bridge

Saylorgirl- the minute l saw your response l burst out laughing because you gave us another option ( hope no one goes through with it)- thing is could you see a family member telling the press that the bridge jumping act was due to you not winning?

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: December 3, 2013, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

You know if I was part of a pool there would never be an occasion where I would NOT chip in...just to avoid the very situation you are suggesting LOL

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19831 Posts
          Posted: December 3, 2013, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

If you don't contribute toward the price of the tickets, how can you consider yourself part of the pool?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4110 Posts
            Posted: December 3, 2013, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

If you don't contribute toward the price of the tickets, how can you consider yourself part of the pool?

...because I used the word " were" not are.There is a difference,  that's why the English language is so fascinating. ..Don't you think?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19831 Posts
              Posted: December 3, 2013, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

...because I used the word " were" not are.There is a difference,  that's why the English language is so fascinating. ..Don't you think?

Yes there is a difference, were doesn't mean you are no matter how you say in English or any other languages.

Evil Looking       

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                Oklahoma
                United States
                Member #82391
                November 12, 2009
                6290 Posts
                Posted: December 3, 2013, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

I would Thud

I Love Pink & Green 1908

TooTallLuke's avatar - img 8jc7G2.jpg
                  Ontario
                  Canada
                  Member #137286
                  December 31, 2012
                  93 Posts
                  Posted: December 3, 2013, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

D.) Jump off a bridge

I Agree!

Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4110 Posts
                    Posted: December 3, 2013, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

Yes there is a difference, were doesn't mean you are no matter how you say in English or any other languages.

No you wrong. You are still part of the pool but because you did not play this one time you cannot say you have no ties whatsoever to the pool. To this particular win, yes. But you did not quit playing with the pool altogether.
                    You know this.

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
                      East of Columbus, OH
                      United States
                      Member #120843
                      December 28, 2011
                      451 Posts
                      Posted: December 3, 2013, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

(A) Shrug your shoulders and say " l screwed up- totally bad timing. All the best to my friends.

(B) Hope you buddies would cover you no matter what and say " Hey, there is enough in the pot to keep us all satisfied for life, getting Joe in despite his lack of vision this time is no big deal.

(C) Get yourself an Attorney to make a case that you were a regular player and somehow feel you should be part of the winners circle?

However, since I run the pool, I make sure I am in it before I get the tickets.  I did miss it one time while I was on vacation.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

LottoNick56's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                        Tampa, FL
                        United States
                        Member #121764
                        January 16, 2012
                        188 Posts
                        Posted: December 3, 2013, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

No you wrong. You are still part of the pool but because you did not play this one time you cannot say you have no ties whatsoever to the pool. To this particular win, yes. But you did not quit playing with the pool altogether.
                        You know this.

I do agree. Are you still a part of a team, even if you do not show up for one game and your team wins? Just because you weren't there to chip in for a couple rebounds, a three pointer, or an alley-oop, doesn't mean that you don't still get to be part of the win. If your team wins, you win. Your record doesn't include one less win than the rest of the team. If there is a consistent pattern of you not contributing by not participating, you should be kicked off the team and out of the pool. However, missing one week doesn't eliminate you from the pool, in my honest and humble opinion. I would share with a loyal pool contributor if they happen to miss a week and we won the jackpot.

...Someone's going to win eventually...

...Never know, could be me...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19831 Posts
                          Posted: December 3, 2013, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

You know this.

If you had been in any pool I was ever in and you decided to set out and not contribute to the cost of the tickets and they won, you were out of the winnings too.  I would never join a pool that didn't have that understanding with all its participants.

Evil Looking       

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                            Los Angeles, California
                            United States
                            Member #103813
                            January 5, 2011
                            1530 Posts
                            Posted: December 3, 2013, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

(A) is the only honorable thing to do.

(B) you are a moocher, think you are entitled to something that you did not contribute to.

(C) you are a parasite, the lowest scum of the earth, sucking the blood of others to survive.

If anyone decides to be nice and give you something after the fact, that would be up to them, not you. And you should not ask for or expect anything.

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                              Rochester
                              United States
                              Member #103282
                              January 1, 2011
                              603 Posts
                              Posted: December 3, 2013, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

I run a little group lottery at work. And I made it clear, you have to pay to be in it,, unless other arrangements have been made. A couple of years ago, a regular player with me got sick, I covered his bets while hospitalized. And  as soon as he was released, he paid me bak. In fact, as of this posting, he's the only one in tonights Mega Million with me.  HE CAME UP WITH HIS BUCK!!! US Flag

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile