Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you were part of a lottery Pool that won..

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
NY
United States
Member #23835
October 16, 2005
3474 Posts
Posted: December 4, 2013, 2:48 am - IP Logged

If a pool won when I didn't participate, it wouldn't have won if I had participated. Why do people think that everything will be exactly the same even when they start changing history?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: December 4, 2013, 5:22 am - IP Logged

No tickee no laundry, as they say.

Here's the flaw, and I'm sure quite a few people here have seen this - people form a pool and on a particular drawing someone in the pool doesn't cough up the agreed upon ante.

If the pool doesn't win anything that person usually still doesn't cough uo their share - but if the pool was to win something, that very person will say, "cut me in on the wining s, I should get a share, you know I would have went in if you asked me" - or, "Why didn't you cut me in, you know I'm good for it."

Oh but it gets even better yet.......if the people in the pool decide to include that player anyway, that player blows their winning sand comes back asking for some of the winnings of those who didn't blow theirs.

Good point, CT.

I doubt very many who missed a payment come back and want to be included and contribute their share when nothing was won.

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #129225
      June 13, 2012
      546 Posts
      Posted: December 4, 2013, 6:50 am - IP Logged

Jester Laugh

Thats very funny saylorgirl.

You just gave Noisy, inspiration for a new asinine thread.

If you were to miss a PB jackpot because you sat out a draw, and your numbers happened to be drawn, and you decided to jump off a bridge, what height would that bridge be?

a) 30 feet

b) 100 feet

c) 300 feet

d) 50 feet and an overpass to some railroad tracks, so if the fall didn't kill me, the oncoming train would hopefully finish the job.

That would actually be an interesting poll.  Do I just want to make a statement and have a small drop that I would survive so they would feel sorry for me and give me a share?  Or do I really want to end it all.  And what was the amount of the jackpot if it was a billion dollar one it would be greater remorse than a ten million dollar jackpot.  Interesting......

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
        JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
        Member #141034
        April 2, 2013
        1408 Posts
        Posted: December 4, 2013, 9:10 am - IP Logged

Pay to play. If you don't pay you don't play. No handouts mister.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: December 4, 2013, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't be part of any pool that would have me as a member.