Welcome Guest
You last visited April 19, 2018, 11:27 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Introducing Ira Curry

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 4 years ago by golfer1960.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #77815
August 1, 2009
3738 Posts
Posted: December 19, 2013, 8:53 am - IP Logged

Ira Curry claimed her winnings and skipped the press conference. Within hours she was introduced to the public without her permission. The media was in front of her own, pictures of her home and car were posted online and pictures of her and her husband on vacation was also posted. There is no privacy in winning. and players need to accept it. Some people actually made comments lke "look at that house she live in". and "why was she even playing".

London
    United Kingdom
    Member #148675
    November 8, 2013
    54 Posts
    Posted: December 19, 2013, 8:59 am - IP Logged

Congrats to her ! It only takes one ticket to win Smile

boston,ma
      United States
      Member #150102
      December 15, 2013
      113 Posts
      Posted: December 19, 2013, 9:29 am - IP Logged

Ira Curry claimed her winnings and skipped the press conference. Within hours she was introduced to the public without her permission. The media was in front of her own, pictures of her home and car were posted online and pictures of her and her husband on vacation was also posted. There is no privacy in winning. and players need to accept it. Some people actually made comments lke "look at that house she live in". and "why was she even playing".

I'm actually surprised when people who've won huge jackpots can actually remain anonymous. You would think that in this day and age, if someone really wanted to, they could find out who the Jackpot winner is. Also, If you win for example 100 million dollars, it would be kind of hard to hide that fact. I mean wouldn't your friends notice something different when the jackpot winner has been announced in your city and you suddenly quit your job and go into hiding? Wouldn't the friends start talking to the media about who they think the winner is, based on your actions. I would think that eventually a huge jackpot winner(anonymous or not) would be found out.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
        Los Angeles, California
        United States
        Member #103813
        January 5, 2011
        1530 Posts
        Posted: December 19, 2013, 9:48 am - IP Logged

Yep, as soon as they find out your name, they'll be digging through your entire social media presence, pull public court records to find bankruptcy filings, trace your address history to find your roots in Bronx, NY, where her sisters living in public housing are now scrambling to move to avoid being attacked.

Welcome to sudden wealth!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10649 Posts
          Posted: December 19, 2013, 10:00 am - IP Logged

Jon D,

Darn good points.....and yet another reason to just stay off of social media.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
            Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
            United States
            Member #50210
            March 1, 2007
            843 Posts
            Posted: December 19, 2013, 10:16 am - IP Logged

I wonder if she had a terrible time getting back to her home as if there were cars and people lined up throughout her neighborhood.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

lottolaughs's avatar - AVA
              Sunny California
              United States
              Member #40295
              May 31, 2006
              8646 Posts
              Posted: December 19, 2013, 10:27 am - IP Logged

Thumbs Up  I'll stay poor and anonymous,thank you!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                Chasing the Dream.
                White Shores- California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4962 Posts
                Posted: December 19, 2013, 10:49 am - IP Logged

Th

This is the " Store Owner" of the spot where the other MM ticket was sold in California. lmagine what the winner is going to face when they come forward.

Thanks but No Thanks!!!

Los Angeles, California
                  United States
                  Member #103813
                  January 5, 2011
                  1530 Posts
                  Posted: December 19, 2013, 11:01 am - IP Logged

Thumbs Up  I'll stay poor and anonymous,thank you!

I'd begrudgingly choose rich and famous over poor and anonymous. Very begrudgingly... Sad

Los Angeles, California
                    United States
                    Member #103813
                    January 5, 2011
                    1530 Posts
                    Posted: December 19, 2013, 11:04 am - IP Logged

Th

This is the " Store Owner" of the spot where the other MM ticket was sold in California. lmagine what the winner is going to face when they come forward.

Thanks but No Thanks!!!

Hey, I just thought of something, maybe I know the Cali MM winner.

They could be my father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate. Naughty

United States
                      Member #145267
                      August 1, 2013
                      1740 Posts
                      Posted: December 19, 2013, 11:09 am - IP Logged

Yes Jon D, I agree

savannah, ga
                        United States
                        Member #37345
                        April 13, 2006
                        351 Posts
                        Posted: December 19, 2013, 11:09 am - IP Logged

Ira is a beautiful lady with a beautiful smile. I am so happy for her and her family. There are so many negative people in the world today but I am sure she is not paying any attention to the haters. Having a thankful, generous, and caring spirit always brings blessings. Just looking at her picture I can see that she has this spirit in abundance, it radiates even from the picture .

SaintAndiesPl's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                          Yonkers, NY
                          United States
                          Member #127830
                          May 10, 2012
                          129 Posts
                          Posted: December 19, 2013, 11:22 am - IP Logged

I think the best thing she could have done is got her affairs in order first.. I would  have left my place first and moved into a hotel before I came forward.. Now these wackos know where she live and what car she drives  and who her children are. Someone should have told her coming forward this fast may have been a mistake.. I know I would go crazy can't wait till I have the money in my  hand but at least wait 2 weeks till all the fan fare dies down. I already have planned what to do if this happens to me.. I will not come back to where I live.. i would get all my things put it in storage and move to a hotel and then when I get my winnings move somewhere secluded at least till all the fan fare dies down.. i wish her the bestCheers

It Takes More Than a Dollar and a Dream :)

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
                            Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
                            United States
                            Member #50210
                            March 1, 2007
                            843 Posts
                            Posted: December 19, 2013, 11:22 am - IP Logged

The home where Ira Curry currently resides is valued at 155k. She bought the house back in 2003 and paid $275k. I don't think she will be worried about the depreciation of this house when she sells it.

I thought it was odd that the media considered her neighborhood upper middle class as most of the homes are 2300-2700 Sq. Ft.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                              u$a
                              United States
                              Member #106665
                              February 22, 2011
                              19967 Posts
                              Posted: December 19, 2013, 11:28 am - IP Logged

I think the best thing she could have done is got her affairs in order first.. I would  have left my place first and moved into a hotel before I came forward.. Now these wackos know where she live and what car she drives  and who her children are. Someone should have told her coming forward this fast may have been a mistake.. I know I would go crazy can't wait till I have the money in my  hand but at least wait 2 weeks till all the fan fare dies down. I already have planned what to do if this happens to me.. I will not come back to where I live.. i would get all my things put it in storage and move to a hotel and then when I get my winnings move somewhere secluded at least till all the fan fare dies down.. i wish her the bestCheers

Now these wackos know where she live and what car she drives

You are Correct they already started Green laugh

Patriot