Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Introducing Ira Curry

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 3 years ago by golfer1960.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
helpmewin's avatar - dandy
u$a
United States
Member #106665
February 22, 2011
19853 Posts
Posted: December 19, 2013, 11:30 am - IP Logged

Th

This is the " Store Owner" of the spot where the other MM ticket was sold in California. lmagine what the winner is going to face when they come forward.

Thanks but No Thanks!!!

AWESOME NEWS! Congratulations to the store owner Party

Let it Snow Snowman

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #77815
    August 1, 2009
    3460 Posts
    Posted: December 19, 2013, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

Ira Curry did not hold a big check or do a press conference and look how the media put her business out. Remember the Maryland winners The Three Amigos. LOL. In Maryland you can claim anonymously so why show up at all.

News story photo

Guess Who's Back?

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4108 Posts
      Posted: December 19, 2013, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Hey, I just thought of something, maybe I know the Cali MM winner.

They could be my father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate. Naughty

Then you better take the first flight out for SFO.
      What l like to know is how did the press get pictures of Ira & her husband on a trip to the UK and her sitting at her workstation?

Las Vegas, NV
        United States
        Member #44841
        August 9, 2006
        1749 Posts
        Posted: December 19, 2013, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

Jon D,

Darn good points.....and yet another reason to just stay off of social media.

EXACTLY!!!  People say that want privacy, but then post all their business out there ... smh.  The digging through "public" records though is really horrible and over the top.

No No  Not nice ...

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
          Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
          United States
          Member #50210
          March 1, 2007
          843 Posts
          Posted: December 19, 2013, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Then you better take the first flight out for SFO.
          What l like to know is how did the press get pictures of Ira & her husband on a trip to the UK and her sitting at her workstation?

I think they got many of the pictures through FB before she changed her privacy settings.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
            Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
            United States
            Member #50210
            March 1, 2007
            843 Posts
            Posted: December 19, 2013, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

Ira Curry did not hold a big check or do a press conference and look how the media put her business out. Remember the Maryland winners The Three Amigos. LOL. In Maryland you can claim anonymously so why show up at all.

News story photo

Not a word from the media about these three even though it was revealed that they were employed at a county school.

I have no doubt they are enjoying life without the headaches.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

Endless Mountains Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #149903
              December 11, 2013
              202 Posts
              Posted: December 19, 2013, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

How about the poor store owner in Georgia who was told by a cnn anchor she gets a million dollars and she doesnt. Jimmy Kimmel had fun with that last night lol

Greg2117's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                New York
                United States
                Member #145706
                August 12, 2013
                108 Posts
                Posted: December 19, 2013, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

News story photo

It was probably because of how huge the jackpot prize was. A few lotto winners from this year who won under $300 million didn’t do a press conference and there was hardly any news about them. She made the mistake of deleting her facbook account too late and now those pictures were all over the news. I saw them on NBC, ABC, Fox 5.

United States
                  Member #149820
                  December 9, 2013
                  644 Posts
                  Posted: December 19, 2013, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

Ira Curry claimed her winnings and skipped the press conference. Within hours she was introduced to the public without her permission. The media was in front of her own, pictures of her home and car were posted online and pictures of her and her husband on vacation was also posted. There is no privacy in winning. and players need to accept it. Some people actually made comments lke "look at that house she live in". and "why was she even playing".

If it had of been me that won...you could say what you wanted to about me, I just know I would be the one picking up the big check, cashing the big check and subsequentially spending some of the big check...So they could do or say whatever they want to when I win, cause I'll be the one with the millions

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                    Los Angeles, California
                    United States
                    Member #103813
                    January 5, 2011
                    1530 Posts
                    Posted: December 19, 2013, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

News story photo

She could have waited and formed a Trust to claim the prize instead of in person, and let the lawyer have his face all over the news instead of hers and her family's. He'd love the free publicity.

Does that mean people will never find out who you are? Maybe not, but it significantly reduces your exposure. By the time several weeks have passed, the news and tabloids will be on to the next story and the next lottery winner will be upon us.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                      Los Angeles, California
                      United States
                      Member #149492
                      December 2, 2013
                      919 Posts
                      Posted: December 19, 2013, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

EXACTLY!!!  People say that want privacy, but then post all their business out there ... smh.  The digging through "public" records though is really horrible and over the top.

No No  Not nice ...

I agree that digging through public records and reporting on things that happened 20 years ago is a low blow.  As Jon D said earlier, once they get your name that's probably one of the first things they do, is search through public records.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                        NY
                        United States
                        Member #121961
                        January 21, 2012
                        3157 Posts
                        Posted: December 19, 2013, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

AWESOME NEWS! Congratulations to the store owner Party

The guy got screwed. He helped GA make alot of money. His smile is fake. Maybe she'll give him a xmas gift.

results4me's avatar - chi
                          fort washington
                          United States
                          Member #59578
                          March 20, 2008
                          40 Posts
                          Posted: December 19, 2013, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

Well I'm glad I live in a state where you can remain anonymous. Perhaps Mrs. did have a plan before coming forward...we don't know if she and her family are stiil even in the area?????? Lets all just try to be happy for someone you just want we all are hoping and playing for weekly(the big WIN). Thanks.

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7314 Posts
                            Posted: December 19, 2013, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

Yes Jon D, I agree

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/269921

There are probably lots of questions just like yours many other players would like to ask too and that's why there is a small army of reporters camped outside her home. We can't have it both ways, we either respect the winners privacy or require every winner to answer any and all questions.

results4me's avatar - chi
                              fort washington
                              United States
                              Member #59578
                              March 20, 2008
                              40 Posts
                              Posted: December 19, 2013, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

Well, he got something out of this deal as well...in addition to his new found fame I hope this publicity will bring him more business as well. I'm happy for them all and hope my and your turn will come around soonWink. Pardon the errors in my recent post I wrote while trying to multitask.