Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why do so many systems fail?

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 3 years ago by empassioned1.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
Los Angeles, California
United States
Member #103813
January 5, 2011
1530 Posts
Posted: December 27, 2013, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

BOOTED? Six times? Hmmm i wondered if i smelt a rat there.. whats up with all the boots? He did seem to blab on about nothing much.... whats the scoop??

Your nose smelt correctly.

Pick3master is well known. Check out his many past usernames:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/270127/3406414

There are many snake oil salesmen that visit LP from time to time. Most end up getting the boot sooner or later. P3M is among the most resilient, keeps coming back, like a zombie.

I'm sure you'll get to talk to him again. He'll be back...

bobby623's avatar - abstract
    San Angelo, Texas
    United States
    Member #1097
    January 31, 2003
    1394 Posts
    Posted: December 27, 2013, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

IMHO - If all lottery players would take the time to watch actual drawings for a short time, the folks peddling lottery junk would go broke.
    Systems fail because there are no systems that work.
    Every regular player needs to develop a personal workout incorporating reasonable tracking trends, and then use those results to make
    good choices on what to play.
    Good luck also helps.

geerod2001's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
      canton,georgia
      United States
      Member #67345
      November 23, 2008
      28 Posts
      Posted: December 27, 2013, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

Play a combination of these numbers for pick 3 all states.

6  1  8

7  5  3

2  9  4

3  7---master number

8-1-6  hit STR  for mid-day in Georgia today.

Good luck to all LP players.

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: December 27, 2013, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

Now, there are some good Pick 3/4 systems out there. I've come across some of them myself. These ones employ logical ideas and have merit to them. However, too many systems ,including the good ones, have a fatal flaw ,in common, and is why they don't end up to really work. 

So, what is this flaw? Simply put, they're based on looking for shortcuts. That is, they involve creative ,or clever, methods of narrowing the numbers down to a ,select, few so players may hit big if they win. However, in reality, this couldn't be further from the truth. You may get a hit or two. But, nothing reliable or consistent. Typically, they put emphasis on straight plays. But, this is ,only, just a selling point or marketing ploy. They know this appeals to you and you just can't resist. 

Still, what's wrong with this approach? Why won't it work? For starters, you're decreasing your chances of winning. As we know, the more numbers we play the better our chances.  You're shortchanging yourself in another way too. That's because patterns are more difficult to find with fewer numbers. Any patterns that can be found will not be useful. As a result, you're left with using unreliable methods. In short, shortcuts just don't cut it.

Peter St. Pierre, the guy from Wisconsin, and the Kentucky guy have figured it out. They may not be wealthy, but well ahead of their costs. They have to be in the black because no one in their right mind would play for years and lose money.

p4wanbi's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
          WA
          United States
          Member #122238
          January 27, 2012
          180 Posts
          Posted: December 27, 2013, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

IMHO - If all lottery players would take the time to watch actual drawings for a short time, the folks peddling lottery junk would go broke.
          Systems fail because there are no systems that work.
          Every regular player needs to develop a personal workout incorporating reasonable tracking trends, and then use those results to make
          good choices on what to play.
          Good luck also helps.

you're correct...can't put it any way better than this. I personally do a ratio like everything else financially. Income - expenses = ratio (cash flows). If total spend equals more than income, than re-evaluate and play responsibly.

playing what can be afforded...spend half of what was reclaimed.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: December 27, 2013, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

Peter St. Pierre, the guy from Wisconsin, and the Kentucky guy have figured it out. They may not be wealthy, but well ahead of their costs. They have to be in the black because no one in their right mind would play for years and lose money.

"...no one in their right mind would play for years and lose money."

That means about 99% of lottery players are not in their right mind.

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
              Connecticut
              United States
              Member #61623
              May 29, 2008
              20581 Posts
              Posted: December 27, 2013, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

Now, there are some good Pick 3/4 systems out there. I've come across some of them myself. These ones employ logical ideas and have merit to them. However, too many systems ,including the good ones, have a fatal flaw ,in common, and is why they don't end up to really work. 

So, what is this flaw? Simply put, they're based on looking for shortcuts. That is, they involve creative ,or clever, methods of narrowing the numbers down to a ,select, few so players may hit big if they win. However, in reality, this couldn't be further from the truth. You may get a hit or two. But, nothing reliable or consistent. Typically, they put emphasis on straight plays. But, this is ,only, just a selling point or marketing ploy. They know this appeals to you and you just can't resist. 

Still, what's wrong with this approach? Why won't it work? For starters, you're decreasing your chances of winning. As we know, the more numbers we play the better our chances.  You're shortchanging yourself in another way too. That's because patterns are more difficult to find with fewer numbers. Any patterns that can be found will not be useful. As a result, you're left with using unreliable methods. In short, shortcuts just don't cut it.

"Any patterns that can be found will not be useful"..????Confused

...tell that to Blessed63...she hit 4 G's off 'patterns' this week with only 4 plays

With hits like that it is encouraging that folks get str8 mided when looking for patterns.Other than statistics,they are the only other logical thing to go by

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

Candlelight777's avatar - nw saucyelf.jpg
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #150273
                December 18, 2013
                495 Posts
                Posted: December 27, 2013, 9:25 pm - IP Logged
                My dad always played one set of numbers and bought his one ticket at each PB drawing. His belief was eventually those numbers will come up...and indeed, after a few years of playing them consistently, his numbers did. Only problem was he got sick and had my mom pick up his ticket that evening of the drawing and she forgot...might of had something to do with her not believing in gambling uhmmm...i don't think my dad ever got over it and needless to say i don't think my mom did either. 
                ....and that my friends in a true story
                I play different games, but like my dad, i have my one set of numbers i play faithfully because he is right, eventually they will come up at some point in time.
                  Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #86154
                  January 30, 2010
                  1648 Posts
                  Posted: December 28, 2013, 12:58 am - IP Logged

"Why do so many systems fail?"

Because it's impossible to consistently predict random events.

This is debatable and I know it for as fact. Even with the pre-tests are factored in, everything is still predictable...and I make money doing it. I know exactly what the problem is, but no one wants to listen and cough it up. Okay, no problem.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Texas
                    United States
                    Member #86154
                    January 30, 2010
                    1648 Posts
                    Posted: December 28, 2013, 1:00 am - IP Logged

...tell that to Blessed63...she hit 4 G's off 'patterns' this week with only 4 plays

With hits like that it is encouraging that folks get str8 mided when looking for patterns.Other than statistics,they are the only other logical thing to go by

Sounds like she knows what the hell she's doing, what to look for, why, and how to spend her money. I like that!!

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86154
                      January 30, 2010
                      1648 Posts
                      Posted: December 28, 2013, 1:02 am - IP Logged

Play a combination of these numbers for pick 3 all states.

6  1  8

7  5  3

2  9  4

3  7---master number

8-1-6  hit STR  for mid-day in Georgia today.

Good luck to all LP players.

Buddy, not to be rude but, it's gonna take a lot more than what you have here.

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                        Kunming
                        China
                        Member #57910
                        January 23, 2008
                        3626 Posts
                        Posted: December 28, 2013, 1:13 am - IP Logged

Systems fail because we follow logic. "That digit won't repeat again, I'm sure of it".

Play to win!

NY
                          United States
                          Member #23835
                          October 16, 2005
                          3474 Posts
                          Posted: December 29, 2013, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

Ira Curry just cleared about $100 million by playing family birthdays. Do you think that means birthdays are a good way to predict what numbers will be drawn in the future?

mycarry713's avatar - nw sorc2.jpg
                            Nassau
                            Bahamas
                            Member #150691
                            December 28, 2013
                            2 Posts
                            Posted: December 29, 2013, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

Hello Everyone,

I guess I can take this time to say that I am new to this site, and wish to learn at least one system that can give me some kind of luck. The only system I use, I just carry one number and play it everyday. My country plays all the main state lottos, so you can pick almost any state to play in. However,  if your low on funds, you bet smaller. I like the idea of going  after a number in each drawing,  but with no system or clue, I can't do it.

BedWaiting for my day to come...

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                              u$a
                              United States
                              Member #106665
                              February 22, 2011
                              19771 Posts
                              Posted: December 29, 2013, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

Hello Everyone,

I guess I can take this time to say that I am new to this site, and wish to learn at least one system that can give me some kind of luck. The only system I use, I just carry one number and play it everyday. My country plays all the main state lottos, so you can pick almost any state to play in. However,  if your low on funds, you bet smaller. I like the idea of going  after a number in each drawing,  but with no system or clue, I can't do it.

Welcome mycarry713 Good Luck Lep