Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do we really want all states to be able to claim anonymously

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: January 3, 2014, 12:01 am - IP Logged

rgdrnr, Artist77,

The angels unaware passage is true, but there are charlantans out there that want you to think they are the angels you are unaware of and they prey upon Christians that way.

That's why He also gave us discernment.

Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling.

Yes, we all need discernment but I've known people who've never given a nickle to anybody seemingly in need because of their claimed fear of being scammed.

But most of 'em were just cheapskates.

Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

-II Corinthians 9: 7

New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: January 3, 2014, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

I know we have some but to me it seems that there are too much room for fraud if we dont get to know who actually won a jackpot prize. I mean I hate the fact that there are beggars out there that bother people, but for me I need to know that some real person has actually won and not some fat cat lottery official or something. Me personally I wouldnt care who freaking knew i won, cause i tell people who ask me for money now to go to he-- so I definately wouldnt have a problem telling that to someone after i won LOL. That's just me though. Happy New Year everybody

When I look at my Play tickets if I don't see my digits on that results, then I did not win!

At that point, whomever they say Won; makes no difference to me!

When I see that my digits are winners, It is nice to know that I will have time to

gather my thoughts without  "well wisher" calling me every second!!!

and yes I am going to share.

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
      Member #149820
      December 9, 2013
      644 Posts
      Posted: January 3, 2014, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

Absolutely Ridge! I can't imagine the bad karma accumulating for telling a homeless person to "go to He--."  Really unnecessary. If you don't want to give a dollar or two, just say "sorry, I don't have any change."

First of all how do you know that they are homeless? I've heard stories from the people themselves who stand on street corners in the daytime collecting money then go home at night like they worked a full time job. Also if you dont want to give money why lie and say you dont have any change that's whats unnecessary. I just tell them the truth and say Im not giving you any money, if they persist then I use the go to he-- remark, but I dont LIE and say I dont have change

New York,
        Panama
        Member #73078
        April 4, 2009
        3490 Posts
        Posted: January 3, 2014, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

First of all how do you know that they are homeless? I've heard stories from the people themselves who stand on street corners in the daytime collecting money then go home at night like they worked a full time job. Also if you dont want to give money why lie and say you dont have any change that's whats unnecessary. I just tell them the truth and say Im not giving you any money, if they persist then I use the go to he-- remark, but I dont LIE and say I dont have change

If you have it,  you don't give! you don't lie,  but you do Judge!   That's Nice.Roll Eyes

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
          Member #121745
          January 16, 2012
          4788 Posts
          Posted: January 3, 2014, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

If you have it,  you don't give! you don't lie,  but you do Judge!   That's Nice.Roll Eyes

lol Jrosina.  He must be a walking Saint! His greed reminds me of a former "bounced" member.

J'aime La France.

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
            Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
            United States
            Member #50210
            March 1, 2007
            843 Posts
            Posted: January 3, 2014, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

lol Jrosina.  He must be a walking Saint! His greed reminds me of a former "bounced" member.

Hey Artist- The "Billionaire wanna be" may have been reincarnated Wink.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
              Member #121745
              January 16, 2012
              4788 Posts
              Posted: January 3, 2014, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

Hey Artist- The "Billionaire wanna be" may have been reincarnated Wink.

Really?????? Thumbs Down

J'aime La France.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #94283
                July 17, 2010
                2284 Posts
                Posted: January 3, 2014, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

Greed?  That sounds awfully judgmental to me.  Not that I'm being judgmental of you for being judgmental.   Confused

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #92330
                  June 5, 2010
                  887 Posts
                  Posted: January 3, 2014, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

mrcraft,

I remember one story about Al Qaeda putting the bite on a jackpot winner. Nobody needs that.

ttech10,

I'm not sure sure that a one year 'flash to bang' time' would really help all that much. In fact, it might cause a lot more resentment when the winner's name is made public.

I disagree.

I'm not claiming it's better than staying anonymous indefinitely, but it's certainly better than having it released before you even claim the cash. Think about it, the winner would have a chance to become more comfortable with the winfall, relocate and change/unlist addresses and phone numbers, possibly change their name, deal with any money issues before being put in the spotlight and a few other things.

New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: January 3, 2014, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

Ha,ha,Artist77,  Gordon Gekko have a diciple.

"The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.  Greed is right.    Greed works.  Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind.      And greed -- you mark my words -- will not only save Teldar Paper,

but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA."  Gordon Gekko speach in the movie "Wall Street"   Actor Michael Douglas

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                      Member #149820
                      December 9, 2013
                      644 Posts
                      Posted: January 3, 2014, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

Yes I do judge. Im not gonna lie, but you gonna tell me you've never judged someone? Im not giving money to just any and everybody on the street. Would you give money to a homeless crack head? Tell the truth, and then tell me how you can tell one from another. that is to say how do you tell apart a homeless crackhead from just another homeless person? Tell me... I want to know

United States
                        Member #149820
                        December 9, 2013
                        644 Posts
                        Posted: January 3, 2014, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Wait a minute did I say something out of bounds?? Im not trying to cause trouble here. Did I violate some rule with what I had said?

Candlelight777's avatar - nw saucyelf.jpg
                          Indiana
                          United States
                          Member #150273
                          December 18, 2013
                          495 Posts
                          Posted: January 3, 2014, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

Shelby what are your thoughts about the safety of winners and their loved ones? What other alternatives do you think might work to both satisfy the public's trust and at the same time respect the wishes and safety of JP winners?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: January 3, 2014, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

Yes I do judge. Im not gonna lie, but you gonna tell me you've never judged someone? Im not giving money to just any and everybody on the street. Would you give money to a homeless crack head? Tell the truth, and then tell me how you can tell one from another. that is to say how do you tell apart a homeless crackhead from just another homeless person? Tell me... I want to know

"Would you give money to a homeless crack head?"

Yes, because some of them would freeze to death without kerosene for their heaters in the abandoned shacks and trailers they live in.

And they need food to eat.

They're human beings too, for God's sakes.

And there, but for the grace of God, go all of us.

New York,
                              Panama
                              Member #73078
                              April 4, 2009
                              3490 Posts
                              Posted: January 3, 2014, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

"Would you give money to a homeless crack head?"

Yes, because some of them would freeze to death without kerosene for their heaters in the abandoned shacks and trailers they live in.

And they need food to eat.

They're human beings too, for God's sakes.

And there, but for the grace of God, go all of us.

rd, rd You are the best!!  Thank you!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina