Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why online lotteries should be permitted in ALL states...

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Stack47.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
Kentucky
United States
Member #35086
March 12, 2006
10374 Posts
Posted: January 21, 2014, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

Moonshine, what's that?

Never heard of it!

Me  neither  Ridge

But I think  it  might be some kind of creature , that only  comes out on nites........when the moon shines  Smile

Kinda  like  them  snipes  (  like the old time snipe  hunting )

They took me snipe hunting when I was  real  young 

My job in the process was to  stand  along side this path  that  went around the side of a hill

And I was supposed to wait there and hold  this  big canvas  sack down low to the ground , and my kinfolk  were  supposed to go hunt  and  find the snipes , and run the snipes around that side of the hill  , and  along that path  I was on , and into the  big  canvas  bag I was holding

At  least  thats  what  they  told  me

I  stood  there  a Long time real quite , waiting on the snipes to come around that path with my kinfolk  chasing them

But no snipes never did show up  Ridge

It was close to daylight before I  finally  realized ,  that  the snipes were not gonna show up ( and  that my kinfolk were not gonna show up either )   Mad

But I got even wth them , sneaked up on  them  late  one  dark nite  after  that  ,  when they were frog gigging , and hollered    " Game Warden ,  dont  anybody  move  !!!!! "

They  tore   four   hillsides  up   getting  out  of   there   Smile    Sounded  like  a   herd  of  horses

One of my  Uncles fell  down  6 times , before he finally got wound out at top speed  ( as I think he took off too fast and that  maybe his  spirit  got  ahead  of  his  body )     LOL

And if there were any snipes on those hills that nite Ridge , I am sure they ran over top of them and killed em ' all  Smile 

Frog  gigging  and  snipe  huntin ' .......  and  falling  down  6  times  ........ those  were  the   days  Ridge   Thumbs Up

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: January 21, 2014, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Me  neither  Ridge

But I think  it  might be some kind of creature , that only  comes out on nites........when the moon shines  Smile

Kinda  like  them  snipes  (  like the old time snipe  hunting )

They took me snipe hunting when I was  real  young 

My job in the process was to  stand  along side this path  that  went around the side of a hill

And I was supposed to wait there and hold  this  big canvas  sack down low to the ground , and my kinfolk  were  supposed to go hunt  and  find the snipes , and run the snipes around that side of the hill  , and  along that path  I was on , and into the  big  canvas  bag I was holding

At  least  thats  what  they  told  me

I  stood  there  a Long time real quite , waiting on the snipes to come around that path with my kinfolk  chasing them

But no snipes never did show up  Ridge

It was close to daylight before I  finally  realized ,  that  the snipes were not gonna show up ( and  that my kinfolk were not gonna show up either )   Mad

But I got even wth them , sneaked up on  them  late  one  dark nite  after  that  ,  when they were frog gigging , and hollered    " Game Warden ,  dont  anybody  move  !!!!! "

They  tore   four   hillsides  up   getting  out  of   there   Smile    Sounded  like  a   herd  of  horses

One of my  Uncles fell  down  6 times , before he finally got wound out at top speed  ( as I think he took off too fast and that  maybe his  spirit  got  ahead  of  his  body )     LOL

And if there were any snipes on those hills that nite Ridge , I am sure they ran over top of them and killed em ' all  Smile 

Frog  gigging  and  snipe  huntin ' .......  and  falling  down  6  times  ........ those  were  the   days  Ridge   Thumbs Up

LOL, good story AB, thanks.

Took me back a ways.

United States
      Member #124493
      March 14, 2012
      7023 Posts
      Posted: January 21, 2014, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

Ever walk into the local store to play a couple of numbers and run into the clueless clerk behind the counter? You start to slowly ramble off your numbers and are met with the look of a deer in headlights. "Wait, wait, wait.... um, pick three, is that numbers?" asks the clerk. Yeah, sure, "numbers", you answer.

Then a few numbers into the transaction, compared to watching paint dry, the clerk has to ring up the lady with the gallon of milk. Then the clerk is asked for "that" certain pack of cigarettes. "No, not that one, lower", says the customer. "the red one, to the right, no not that one" once again declared. 

After ringing up the lady, the phone rings. "Hallo?" "Hallo?" (louder this time). Then the clerk starts rambling in a foreign language and wanders back to the "machine" and asks you, "anything else?" Looking at your short list of numbers realizing you have 5 more to go and the two others you wrote on your palm earlier in the day and the one on the back of the business card from yesterday, you say, "uh yeah, I got more".

After the clerk puts in a few more numbers, he says "wait!" With the phone tucked between his shoulder and cheek, he realizes he ran one number wrong, one digit off. "Do you still want it"? he asks. Then he begins talking (Perhaps saying hold on) to the person on the phone... and finally puts the phone down. thinking you are almost done, a loud sigh comes from the clerk.

I'm out of paper. After unwrapping the new paper two attempts of trying to get it in right, you finally get the rest of your numbers inn wondering "maybe this was a sign, maybe I should have walked out?"

All too often this happens to me. I sometimes wonder what the *&#@ these establishments are doing with lottery machines being clueless, untrained and making the customer feel like he or she is bothering them......

This is one of the many reasons why online, legal lottery sales should be permitted.

What's your thoughts? Share your stories...

I think the weather is a good reason for online play also.

Take today for instance.

Tonite is MM night.

Considering the weather, New York alone has lost I would approximate (based on a hunch and no data whatsoever) 20 million dollars today in lost revenue.

Being I am a hard core lottery player I did brave the weather, and only managed to barely escape frostbite on only my most extreme of extremities.  The clerk even managed to piss me off, but it was so cold that I just bit my tongue.

I actually had to start running home and luckily was able to hitch a ride on a passing sanitation truck to get home before my nads froze.

And when I got home I just realized that It was so cold that I forgot to get me a MM ticket.

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7297 Posts
        Posted: January 22, 2014, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

I think the weather is a good reason for online play also.

Take today for instance.

Tonite is MM night.

Considering the weather, New York alone has lost I would approximate (based on a hunch and no data whatsoever) 20 million dollars today in lost revenue.

Being I am a hard core lottery player I did brave the weather, and only managed to barely escape frostbite on only my most extreme of extremities.  The clerk even managed to piss me off, but it was so cold that I just bit my tongue.

I actually had to start running home and luckily was able to hitch a ride on a passing sanitation truck to get home before my nads froze.

And when I got home I just realized that It was so cold that I forgot to get me a MM ticket.

We can pay bills, shop, bank online and we can even bet on horse races. One of these days the people will figure out part of Freedom is legally spending our money as we choose. For some reason the people in politics want you to brave the weather and buy the same lottery tickets you could buy without leaving your home.  But I guess without hypocrisy there would be no politics.