Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 11:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is anybody playing these Publishers Clearing house sweepstakes??

Topic closed. 65 replies. Last post 3 years ago by lejardin.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
Massachusetts
United States
Member #37433
April 14, 2006
2747 Posts
Posted: January 23, 2014, 3:45 am - IP Logged

I wrote in that thread that I started that thread as a joke. A way to show how rediculous and redundant they are.

Jester Yes they're redundant and I think they're just getting more nutty. I suppose it's better that than personal attacks.

That money's gone fo ever

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
    Los Angeles, California
    United States
    Member #149492
    December 2, 2013
    919 Posts
    Posted: January 23, 2014, 4:20 am - IP Logged

I'm not.  I remember years ago, I used to get all kinds of misleading packets.  Anything I get from PCH goes straight to the trash though I don't recall many mailings from them anymore.

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
      Kentucky
      United States
      Member #35086
      March 12, 2006
      10374 Posts
      Posted: January 23, 2014, 4:46 am - IP Logged

I responded to one for the 1 million dollars a year forever prize and now I am getting ones for 5,000 a week for life and a new one a 7,000 a week for life in Nov. Does anybody know if anyone has won these before or do they just keep advertising them until somebody wins. I'd like to win the million for life prize but Im think the odds are worse than PB and/or MM. Is anyone else trying to play these also??

Do a vast search on them  Shelby  and  you  will  find  out  all  about  them

From  many  years   back

I  remember  them  from  when  I  was  young

I  cant  believe  they  are   still   around

You  will  be  surprised  what  you  find

Start  with   "  Deceptive  Sweepstakes  and   Promotions "    (  hearings  in  congress )   

And  all  the  way  up  to  unopened  envelopes   blowing  in  the  wind  in  New  York 

Maybe  even  something  about  envelopes in  a  dumpster  along  the  way   if   I   remember   correct

Law  suits  by  many   states 

And  on  and   on   

Me........... I  wouldnt  touch  them  with  a   ten   foot  pole   Thumbs Down

I   got  a  gut  full   of   them   years   ago

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7344 Posts
        Posted: January 24, 2014, 12:29 am - IP Logged

I'm sure he will start another thread if he wants to and if you don't like it...

Well, I guess you'll just have to get over it, won't ya, Stank?

Or notify management that yet another member is starting threads without getting your approval first.

"if you don't like it"

Why don't you just admit you're lottery ignorant and ignorant of the site's "golden rules". When are you going figure out it's none of your business of what I don't like. Do you have a problem with the First Amendment too, comrade hayseed, the wanna-be Internet bully?

United States
          Member #128790
          June 2, 2012
          5431 Posts
          Posted: January 24, 2014, 2:32 am - IP Logged

Jester Yes they're redundant and I think they're just getting more nutty. I suppose it's better that than personal attacks.

I suppose it's better that than personal attacks.

I don't think educating people on the reality of the rediculous odds is considered a personal attack. They're lack of understanding or denial can only be rectified by how far their egos allow the sharade to go on before waking up.Then the egos retreat back to their binding dungeons allowing common sense and practicality to rule.

Would you rather I coddle them?

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
            Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
            United States
            Member #50210
            March 1, 2007
            843 Posts
            Posted: January 24, 2014, 8:59 am - IP Logged

Once you enter online, they flood you with emails. I stopped playing also after learning about the odds.

Hi Artist- I went through about 20 pages of promotions prior to having my entry "accepted". You have to make sure you uncheck many of the agreements that allow them to offer future correspondence (They are sneaky about this).

The odds for the 1 million a year for life as well as the other major prizes is 1.3-1.5 billion to 1 but it's free, you just have to resist all the special offers they throw at you.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

boston,ma
              United States
              Member #150102
              December 15, 2013
              112 Posts
              Posted: January 24, 2014, 9:33 am - IP Logged

I do enter occasionally but I too watched Lottery Changed My Life when Natalie Bostelman won a million but what she ended up with was approximately $260,000.00.  What a crock.  While I would be happy to win that it is a far cry from a million dollars they advertised.  I also notice they have all these different entry number and dates so who know what you are even entering.

Yeah I saw that too. I have no idea how her winnings fell all the way to $260,000.00 dollars. I believe normally you get about $650,000.00 after taxes are withheld when you win $1,000,000.00 so where they got $260,000.00 from I have no idea.

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
                Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
                United States
                Member #50210
                March 1, 2007
                843 Posts
                Posted: January 24, 2014, 10:32 am - IP Logged

Yeah I saw that too. I have no idea how her winnings fell all the way to $260,000.00 dollars. I believe normally you get about $650,000.00 after taxes are withheld when you win $1,000,000.00 so where they got $260,000.00 from I have no idea.

The $1 million prize from PCH is an annuity that is paid out over 30 years and is heavily back end weighted. I believe the payout (before tax) is 25k per year for the first 29 years and a final balloon payment of 275k in year 30.

The cash value before tax is less than 400k.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

spartan1707's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                  Tucson
                  United States
                  Member #119762
                  December 2, 2011
                  84 Posts
                  Posted: January 24, 2014, 10:45 am - IP Logged

Soooo true! The endless BS they send you. I told myself NEVER EVER AGAIN!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: January 24, 2014, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

"if you don't like it"

Why don't you just admit you're lottery ignorant and ignorant of the site's "golden rules". When are you going figure out it's none of your business of what I don't like. Do you have a problem with the First Amendment too, comrade hayseed, the wanna-be Internet bully?

Stop complaining and whining to me, stupid.

Tell management about all your complaints about threads you don't like. I'm not the complaint department, you sniveling little peckerhead. 

There's nothing I can do for you besides letting you wear my jockstrap over your face to absorb some manliness from the musk of my ultra-masculine persona.

Breathe deeply, son!

If you become a man maybe you'll stop your infernal sniveling and whining and whimpering.

You're just another drooling, cross-eyed, slack-jawed, one-handed meatslapper from Kintucky, son, and that don't carry no weight with nobody.

Always remember that, dummy.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                      TX
                      United States
                      Member #121193
                      January 4, 2012
                      1637 Posts
                      Posted: January 24, 2014, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Stop complaining and whining to me, stupid.

Tell management about all your complaints about threads you don't like. I'm not the complaint department, you sniveling little peckerhead. 

There's nothing I can do for you besides letting you wear my jockstrap over your face to absorb some manliness from the musk of my ultra-masculine persona.

Breathe deeply, son!

If you become a man maybe you'll stop your infernal sniveling and whining and whimpering.

You're just another drooling, cross-eyed, slack-jawed, one-handed meatslapper from Kintucky, son, and that don't carry no weight with nobody.

Always remember that, dummy.

Rdg....Aren't you being a bit hard on the help ???  Lurking

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

NY
                        United States
                        Member #23835
                        October 16, 2005
                        3501 Posts
                        Posted: January 24, 2014, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

I responded to one for the 1 million dollars a year forever prize and now I am getting ones for 5,000 a week for life and a new one a 7,000 a week for life in Nov. Does anybody know if anyone has won these before or do they just keep advertising them until somebody wins. I'd like to win the million for life prize but Im think the odds are worse than PB and/or MM. Is anyone else trying to play these also??

You could always read the rules. If they choose winners from those who play them there has to be a winner every so often. If they select an (unknown) winner  fro all of the possible chances and the person who recieves that chance doesn't enter then they won't win and PCH won't have to pay the prize. I'd assume that  they do pick a winner and pay the prize, because it's chump change relative to the number of orders they get for each prize they pay.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: January 24, 2014, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

Rdg....Aren't you being a bit hard on the help ???  Lurking

Only when they start stalking me, CD.

Because I disagree with him trying to dictate the content of other members' threads.

He can't stand anybody disagreeing with him.

But I think in his heart he knows I'm just trying to help him and that I'll always be here for him if he needs me. I think we all are.

He's just a little too high strung, that's all.

The poor soul.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                            TX
                            United States
                            Member #121193
                            January 4, 2012
                            1637 Posts
                            Posted: January 24, 2014, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

Only when they start stalking me, CD.

Because I disagree with him trying to dictate the content of other members' threads.

He can't stand anybody disagreeing with him.

But I think in his heart he knows I'm just trying to help him and that I'll always be here for him if he needs me. I think we all are.

He's just a little too high strung, that's all.

The poor soul.

I think you mean either a cavil zoilist or a pettifogger ? ?...welllllllll either way, that does happen from time to time...Try to make nice and send positive messages. Thumbs Up

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: January 24, 2014, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

I think you mean either a cavil zoilist or a pettifogger ? ?...welllllllll either way, that does happen from time to time...Try to make nice and send positive messages. Thumbs Up

Exactamundo, CD!

I originally thought snollygoster but I was way off.

I will take your advice though and offer to take him under my wing and help him get all those goofy notions out of his head.