Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How to code a lotto program and best programs for lotto programming.

Topic closed. 47 replies. Last post 3 years ago by mindtab.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Igamble's avatar - spider
nj
United States
Member #145657
August 10, 2013
982 Posts
Posted: January 23, 2014, 2:20 am - IP Logged

I was in a coding quest for a JP chart that finally loks like is done  and since that was some  headache i thought of opening a discusion about best programs for Lotto coding .I realize virtually 0.0003% of users on LP have no interest in this but i do b/c it has to do with me playing the lottery and wining more and getting better at it .All the others  can play their birthdays and  add/substract all they want ....

Edinburgh
    United Kingdom
    Member #97833
    September 24, 2010
    41 Posts
    Posted: January 23, 2014, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

Hi Igamble,

I use QBasic to do all my programming for lotto. It is good enough for an amateur like me. It comes with MS-DOS and older versions of Windows. I use it to check things I notice over the database and/or generate/filter sets of combinations with numbers I input. Nothing random, only the numbers select using other methods. Hope it helps.

Regards,

martor854

nj
      United States
      Member #145657
      August 10, 2013
      982 Posts
      Posted: January 23, 2014, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Hi Igamble,

I use QBasic to do all my programming for lotto. It is good enough for an amateur like me. It comes with MS-DOS and older versions of Windows. I use it to check things I notice over the database and/or generate/filter sets of combinations with numbers I input. Nothing random, only the numbers select using other methods. Hope it helps.

Regards,

martor854

thanks !what's something similar for mac ? i see a lot of this programs are written for windows only...

Edinburgh
        United Kingdom
        Member #97833
        September 24, 2010
        41 Posts
        Posted: January 24, 2014, 3:31 am - IP Logged

You will find good info here:

http://www.nicholson.com/rhn/basic/

nj
          United States
          Member #145657
          August 10, 2013
          982 Posts
          Posted: January 24, 2014, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

You will find good info here:

http://www.nicholson.com/rhn/basic/

thanks mate Cheers

NASHVILLE, TENN
            United States
            Member #33372
            February 20, 2006
            1044 Posts
            Posted: January 24, 2014, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

A few posters here think Excel is the best tool for tracking lotto numbers.  Do you have Excel?

Krypton
              United States
              Member #140102
              March 11, 2013
              892 Posts
              Posted: January 25, 2014, 1:26 am - IP Logged

I use excel.  It does everything I need

nj
                United States
                Member #145657
                August 10, 2013
                982 Posts
                Posted: January 25, 2014, 1:46 am - IP Logged

A few posters here think Excel is the best tool for tracking lotto numbers.  Do you have Excel?

I  just started and i have a mac , so i use oppenoffice which has some difference compare to excel but in the end it does the same thing.

Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #109275
                  April 9, 2011
                  1495 Posts
                  Posted: January 26, 2014, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Hi Igamble,

Regards,

martor854

Martor. You brought back flashbacks. I use to use Qbasic in high school and loved it. I then went to Visual Basic. It is the same type of code, just more Visual with forms and such. VBA(Visual Basic for Applications) is used in Excel. I think if you know QBasic and the logic of variables, loops and if/then statements, you should be able to incorporate VBA into Excel and really make Excel powerful(which Excel already is without VBA)

IGamble. Open Office equivalent of Excel is pretty decent. The only thing that is lacks is VBA and the ability to add Macros. I tried a few of mine and they never worked. I still think learning Excel/Open Office will really help you get a good grasp on systems and patterns. I know on Amazon you can get VBA and Excel for dummies books if you really want to expand what you can do with either when it comes to the lottery.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                    Economy class
                    Belgium
                    Member #123700
                    February 27, 2012
                    4035 Posts
                    Posted: January 26, 2014, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Migration_Guide/Calc_and_Excel

I saw a version of Open Office a few years ago on Linux I believe, and it was programmable, as I tried it in the second hand shop. They recycled old pc's installing Linux and Open Office. I suppose that MS is standard. There is Excel for Mac too and it had a good reputation.

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                      Member #9517
                      December 10, 2004
                      1272 Posts
                      Posted: January 26, 2014, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

Here's a list of free office alternatives:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/best-microsoft-office-alternatives/

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19830 Posts
                        Posted: January 29, 2014, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

Hi Igamble,

Regards,

martor854

How do you plan to use your programs once you upgrade beyond Windows XP?  Windows XP is the last version of Windows that can run MS-DOS programs without a emulator program like DosBox.

All my programs are written using GW-Basic but I still have a XP computer by HP that's over 10 years old.  I'm thinking about learning Visual Basic, Liberty Basic or some other that will run in Windows 8 and rewriting them.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

mmx1's avatar - 8ball

Canada
                          Member #90040
                          April 20, 2010
                          473 Posts
                          Posted: January 30, 2014, 12:08 am - IP Logged

Microsoft Visual studio Express is free and the best.

C# language.

United States
                            Member #41846
                            June 23, 2006
                            460 Posts
                            Posted: January 30, 2014, 5:18 am - IP Logged

How do you plan to use your programs once you upgrade beyond Windows XP?  Windows XP is the last version of Windows that can run MS-DOS programs without a emulator program like DosBox.

All my programs are written using GW-Basic but I still have a XP computer by HP that's over 10 years old.  I'm thinking about learning Visual Basic, Liberty Basic or some other that will run in Windows 8 and rewriting them.

RJOH I used gwbasic for many years. Excel's  VBA uses essentially the same code as gwbasic.  a few syntax differences and how to reference a location on the display and you can be up and running.  saving your Gwbasic file as a text file you can them copy and paste into a VBA macro, edit as needed.  check out gasmeterguy blog on how to get started.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19830 Posts
                              Posted: January 30, 2014, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

RJOH I used gwbasic for many years. Excel's  VBA uses essentially the same code as gwbasic.  a few syntax differences and how to reference a location on the display and you can be up and running.  saving your Gwbasic file as a text file you can them copy and paste into a VBA macro, edit as needed.  check out gasmeterguy blog on how to get started.

I've heard good things about Excel but never brought a copy or learned to use it.  I like the idea of having  stand alone programs that don't require knowledge about another program.  All my GWBasic programs have been complied using a QBasic complier.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking