Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How to code a lotto program and best programs for lotto programming.

Topic closed. 47 replies. Last post 3 years ago by mindtab.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Krypton
United States
Member #140102
March 11, 2013
904 Posts
Posted: March 26, 2014, 9:22 am - IP Logged

I totally agree.  It borders on criminal to purposely install Windows XP on any computer currently.  Any IT person making that recommendation should be immediately fired.

I personally would not recommend Windows 7.  Despite any misgivings you may have with Windows 8, it is superior to Windows 7 in every respect, and even though you may or may not initially like the interface, I recommend sticking with it, as it will grow on you.

If you can actually immerse yourself in Windows 8, especially with its OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) features, you will eventually feel the vast integration and master plan that all the other operating systems lack.  This becomes even more pronounced if you have more than one Windows 8 computer and/or tablet.  And upgrading to a new computer becomes almost too easy.

I have to agree with Todd. I hated Windiws 8 at first, bought a copy of windows 7 3 months ago and have not installed it yet. My biggest problem was the sidebar. Once I bought a mouse that issue went away. However, they do have quite a few bugs they need to fix but as far as speed it's lightening fast. I do wish they would work on their compatibility of Office 2013. 64 bit

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
    Athens
    Greece
    Member #133234
    September 24, 2012
    193 Posts
    Posted: March 27, 2014, 6:58 am - IP Logged

I use both 7 and 8. I prefer 8 to be honest.

A lot of folks though still want the 'Start Menu' and ofc that makes sense.

6/49 dis(assembly)

mindtab's avatar - lotteryp avatar.jpg
      California
      United States
      Member #26499
      November 18, 2005
      81 Posts
      Posted: April 5, 2014, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

I agree.  And me personally, I use Powerbasic.  Qbasic I used in the past.  Not enough anymore for what I am doing.    Backtesting is the way to find out what will be, or can be.  Eg.  Backtest for example, which 15 out of 39 numbers were top and least numbers.  ANd let's say result would be, that for the past draw, 3 numbers came from the least 15, and 1 number came from the Top 15, and 2 from the past 10 draws in which they had at least 2 times.  So, there you have the chance to eliminate many numbers, if so.  For example, I may have that 4 numbers will come from the LEAST 15 drawn in the past 39 draws.  Or in the past whatever specified.  'Whatever specified' can depend on the filters at the time.  Let's say, for example, that they show that 4 numbers will be drawn in position (vertical) sorted from the past 67 draws and in any position from the past 20 draws.  Just an example.  All considerations to look at.     Ah, many more...