Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should you win a massive lottery- your first vacation would be to?

Topic closed. 88 replies. Last post 3 years ago by sully16.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4102 Posts
Posted: February 12, 2014, 11:29 am - IP Logged

Why limit oneself to just one vacation after winning that much money? When I win any magnitude of jackpot, I would take a yearlong vacation in which I would step foot on every continent and rack up over a million frequent flyer miles. No sir, I will not spend a single night on a cruise ship...potential for too many bad things to go wrong, plus I hate cruising.  Why would anyone want to be packed like sardines with some who do not practice good personal hygiene? How else can hundreds come down ill with Norovirus and other food borne illnesses on those cruise ships? No thank you.

Old School- the topic says " first vacation". I could have said Europe, but l wanted to be more specific Sherlock.l have always wanted to visit the Island- who knows on the flight back to the States we could do a detour and head to New Zealand, Tahiti & who knows where. There is a method to my madness.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
    TX
    United States
    Member #121193
    January 4, 2012
    1637 Posts
    Posted: February 12, 2014, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

Should you win a massive lottery- your first vacation would be to?

My first vacation ????  HECK, after winning I AM ON VACATION....PERMANENTLY !!!..Destination ?? traveling most of the USAPatriot

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
      upstate NY
      United States
      Member #108791
      March 31, 2011
      549 Posts
      Posted: February 12, 2014, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

I don't have a horse in this race,

So what the heck are you riding? A Camel? Green laugh

A llama.  Razz

upstate NY
        United States
        Member #108791
        March 31, 2011
        549 Posts
        Posted: February 12, 2014, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

You claim you're in his head,

Please don't misrepresent what I really wrote. He's the one always writing about "getting in one's head", not me. Get with the program before you are also added to the list of idiots.

A course in reading comprehension would serve you well.  I quoted your post so I could point to it and say I agree, but I was quite clearly addressing noise-gate, NOT you.

upstate NY
          United States
          Member #108791
          March 31, 2011
          549 Posts
          Posted: February 12, 2014, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

What's that you say Maud?- coming unhinged?- right. Stick to embroidery, you don't know the history of this thread, and take your horse with you.Bye.

Thank you for proving my point.  The men in the white coats will be there shortly.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4102 Posts
            Posted: February 12, 2014, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for proving my point.  The men in the white coats will be there shortly.

I can only deal with one Idiot at a time. Pardon me if l put your case on the back burner Maud.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
              Los Angeles, California
              United States
              Member #103813
              January 5, 2011
              1530 Posts
              Posted: February 12, 2014, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

noise-gate

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #94283
                July 17, 2010
                2284 Posts
                Posted: February 12, 2014, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

noise-gate

Yellow Laughing animated emoticon

That used to be me.  I've learned you can't argue with most of 'em and all I'm doing is wasting my time and frustrating myself.  I can usually ignore them now, but once in a while I still get caught up in it.

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11975 Posts
                  Posted: February 12, 2014, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

" Massive JP- anything over $200mil AFTER taxes."
                  Would it be...
                  A neighboring State..
                  With Grandma for a few weeks.
                  Europe,Far East, South America,  Africa...

Personally: Seychelles.
                  How about you?

* Have a Great Week People. .

*** Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

YOU WILL NEVER WIN A LOTTERY JACKPOT IN YOUR LIFETIME.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

United States
                    Member #128790
                    June 2, 2012
                    5431 Posts
                    Posted: February 12, 2014, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

I don't have a horse in this race, but he's right, noisy.  You claim you're in his head, but it's obvious he's in yours.  Frankly, you're coming unhinged.  Take a few steps back and breathe.

My appologies. I misread what you wrote. I'm the idiot because I was half in the bag when I read it. lol

I don't have a reading comprehension problem when I'm sober. lol

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                      Gurnee, Illinois
                      United States
                      Member #49731
                      February 12, 2007
                      917 Posts
                      Posted: February 12, 2014, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

Old School- the topic says " first vacation". I could have said Europe, but l wanted to be more specific Sherlock.l have always wanted to visit the Island- who knows on the flight back to the States we could do a detour and head to New Zealand, Tahiti & who knows where. There is a method to my madness.

I get you, but there is a difference between "first vacation" and "first place you will go on vacation". Explanation: one could take a first vacation to Haiti and DR, but the first place you plan to go on vacation would be either Haiti or DR. Now for those who say who would want to go to Haiti on vacation...stay there with that thinking because all of Haiti is not a basket case.

Similarly, one could take a first vacation that encompasses several different countries like Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda to visit the various national parks and museums, but the first place you might go on such a vacation would be Kenya, for example.  Kapeesh?!!!

But to play along nicely, the first place I would go on vacation would be to Kenya...first class all the way on KLM.  In fact, KLM, Air France, Kenya Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, and South African Airlines would get lots of my premium business. TAP would only get my business when I visit Cape Verde.  My passport will get quite the workout!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

NEW YORK
                        United States
                        Member #90535
                        April 29, 2010
                        11975 Posts
                        Posted: February 12, 2014, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

My appologies. I misread what you wrote. I'm the idiot because I was half in the bag when I read it. lol

I don't have a reading comprehension problem when I'm sober. lol

STOP THINKING ABOUT THE MEGA MILLIONS AND POWERBALL ODDS. LOL

US Flag

NEW YORK
                          United States
                          Member #90535
                          April 29, 2010
                          11975 Posts
                          Posted: February 12, 2014, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

I get you, but there is a difference between "first vacation" and "first place you will go on vacation". Explanation: one could take a first vacation to Haiti and DR, but the first place you plan to go on vacation would be either Haiti or DR. Now for those who say who would want to go to Haiti on vacation...stay there with that thinking because all of Haiti is not a basket case.

Similarly, one could take a first vacation that encompasses several different countries like Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda to visit the various national parks and museums, but the first place you might go on such a vacation would be Kenya, for example.  Kapeesh?!!!

But to play along nicely, the first place I would go on vacation would be to Kenya...first class all the way on KLM.  In fact, KLM, Air France, Kenya Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, and South African Airlines would get lots of my premium business. TAP would only get my business when I visit Cape Verde.  My passport will get quite the workout!

THE POWERBALL LOTTERY JACKPOT IS $284 MILLION.

US Flag

United States
                            Member #128790
                            June 2, 2012
                            5431 Posts
                            Posted: February 12, 2014, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

STOP THINKING ABOUT THE MEGA MILLIONS AND POWERBALL ODDS. LOL

I did, a long time ago. But obviously there are some here who don't have a clue. lol

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                              Member #121745
                              January 16, 2012
                              4783 Posts
                              Posted: February 12, 2014, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

Been   there      Artist

Many   Moons    Ago

Went  up  to  the  second   level  ,  quite  a  view

Was  gonna  go  on  all  the  way  up , but  there  was  a  line  to  get  on  the  elevator  to  go  the  rest  of  the way  to  the  top , and  I  was  young  and  impatient  back  then ,   so  came  on  down

Enormous   Structure       I  remember  I  stood  under  one  leg  of  it  and  looked  up      Huge   !!!!!!

Went  on  to  Luxembourg  and  Belgium  (  beautiful   flowers  and  gardens  and   water  and   bridges )

Beautiful    Places

Thanks   for  the   picture   ,    brought  back  a  lot  of   memories

Astek, I am jealous!!! Never been there. I want to buy (if I win $100 million plus net) one of those apartments where the Eiffel tower is so close, it is almost in your living room! lol I love the flickering lights at night. When there was some scaffolding up recently for the Washington Monument, they had lighting on it like the Eiffel tower. Was sad to see it come down.

J'aime La France.