Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio Classic Lotto

Topic closed. 80 replies. Last post 2 years ago by RJOh.

Page 5 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19828 Posts
Posted: April 18, 2014, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

The odds on Rolling Cash are like 525k to 1. If the jackpot gets close to a million then I will participate in that game as well but until then the OCL is the best value for the buck. It's a shame that I am several states away but I will rely on my aunt who lives in Ohio to get me my ticket once my current draws expires.

Actually the odds are 1:575,757 to win the jackpot with overall odds of 1:8.7 of winning something.  My program couldn't deal with all 3345 previous drawings of RC5 so I brought 20 AP(auto pick) and got 18 of my $20 back so I'll probably buy 18 more tickets Saturday when I pick up my 10 OCL tickets since it rolled to $745K.  If it goes to Monday without a winner(which I doubt) it will probably be a million dollars.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19828 Posts
    Posted: April 19, 2014, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

Actually the odds are 1:575,757 to win the jackpot with overall odds of 1:8.7 of winning something.  My program couldn't deal with all 3345 previous drawings of RC5 so I brought 20 AP(auto pick) and got 18 of my $20 back so I'll probably buy 18 more tickets Saturday when I pick up my 10 OCL tickets since it rolled to $745K.  If it goes to Monday without a winner(which I doubt) it will probably be a million dollars.

I'm disappointed with my system.  I get it to work using all 3345 previous RC5 drawings and played 18 lines with my winnings and only win $2.  I did a lot better with auto pick.

The good news is it continued to roll to $864K so I'll give it another try on Easter Sunday.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19828 Posts
      Posted: April 21, 2014, 2:28 am - IP Logged

I'm disappointed with my system.  I get it to work using all 3345 previous RC5 drawings and played 18 lines with my winnings and only win $2.  I did a lot better with auto pick.

The good news is it continued to roll to $864K so I'll give it another try on Easter Sunday.

Now that RC5 has been won with the largest payout I ever remember, I can get back to trying to win OCL which will be its largest payout ever.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19828 Posts
        Posted: April 22, 2014, 2:43 am - IP Logged

Now that RC5 has been won with the largest payout I ever remember, I can get back to trying to win OCL which will be its largest payout ever.

I tried with the first 10 lines of 25 lines I picked to play but didn't do better than a match 2.  Had I played all 25 lines I would have gotten a match 3 for $2.

It continues to rols so I'll get plenty more chances to lose. Wink

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19828 Posts
          Posted: April 24, 2014, 12:41 am - IP Logged

With the PowerBall win last night, Ohio Classic Lotto will have the largest jackpot in the country this week end as it continues to roll.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19828 Posts
            Posted: April 24, 2014, 8:17 am - IP Logged

Yesterday's winning combination 35-39-40-41-44-47 was completely out of the box and only the third time that a winning combination didn't have any birthday numbers(1-31).  Maybe I'll try picking 10 combinations out of the box(not similar to any of the previous winners) for this Saturday's drawing.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19828 Posts
              Posted: April 30, 2014, 8:44 am - IP Logged

The one good thing about Ohio Classic Lotto is that once its jackpot exceeds $65M+, everyone who wants to will get plenty of chances to try and win since it's continues to roll in spite of it odds of 1:14M.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19828 Posts
                Posted: May 5, 2014, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

The one good thing about Ohio Classic Lotto is that once its jackpot exceeds $65M+, everyone who wants to will get plenty of chances to try and win since it's continues to roll in spite of it odds of 1:14M.

With Ohio's May promotion of MM, spend $2 on MM tickets and get one free when its jackpot is less than $100M most players will probably opt to play MM instead of OCL so look for an even longer OCL run with no winner.

Evil Looking       

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                  USA
                  United States
                  Member #152799
                  February 25, 2014
                  1092 Posts
                  Posted: May 5, 2014, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

With Ohio's May promotion of MM, spend $2 on MM tickets and get one free when its jackpot is less than $100M most players will probably opt to play MM instead of OCL so look for an even longer OCL run with no winner.

I Agree! With MM getting ready to go over the $100 million mark you can bet the focus will be even less on OCL. It's sad how many people disregard the odds with most of these games.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19828 Posts
                    Posted: May 6, 2014, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

With all 49 numbers being in the previous 18 drawings recently, there aren't any of them over due which means all kinds of combinations are likely to appear.

Evil Looking       

USA
                      United States
                      Member #152799
                      February 25, 2014
                      1092 Posts
                      Posted: May 17, 2014, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

With all 49 numbers being in the previous 18 drawings recently, there aren't any of them over due which means all kinds of combinations are likely to appear.

This reminds me of the not going anywhere soon commercial on TV. It would be funny to make a spoof of this current run.

USA
                        United States
                        Member #152799
                        February 25, 2014
                        1092 Posts
                        Posted: May 19, 2014, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

No winner tonight. Starting to feel like an eternal broken record as it's approaching 2 and a half years since it's been won.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19828 Posts
                          Posted: May 20, 2014, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

No winner tonight. Starting to feel like an eternal broken record as it's approaching 2 and a half years since it's been won.

The good news is everyone gets another try as getting it right, that's as much as a loser can expect.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19828 Posts
                            Posted: May 20, 2014, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

The good news is everyone gets another try as getting it right, that's as much as a loser can expect.

Twenty plus years ago when the Virginia lottery was won by an Australian group that tried to buy all its possible combinations it was rumored that such groups traveled the world looking for lotteries with cash vales that exceeded the cost of buying all its possible combinations thus making them easy pickings for groups with unlimited resources.

At the time most states that hadn't done so already changed their rules to guaranteed such could never happen to their lotteries in the future and making sure most all of its players had an equal opportunity to win their jackpots with only a modess budget.

When you consider that Ohio Classic Lotto now has a jackpot of $70.8M/$35.4M cash and buying all 13,983,816 combinations would not only win the $35.M cash jackpot but also 54,201 combinations matching 5/6 worth $1,500 ea.,13,545 combinations matching 4/6 worth $70 ea. and 246,820 combinations of 3/6 worth $2 ea. for a total of $37,228,790 or 166.2% profit, those rules must be working because no one is winning.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19828 Posts
                              Posted: May 21, 2014, 5:33 am - IP Logged

Twenty plus years ago when the Virginia lottery was won by an Australian group that tried to buy all its possible combinations it was rumored that such groups traveled the world looking for lotteries with cash vales that exceeded the cost of buying all its possible combinations thus making them easy pickings for groups with unlimited resources.

At the time most states that hadn't done so already changed their rules to guaranteed such could never happen to their lotteries in the future and making sure most all of its players had an equal opportunity to win their jackpots with only a modess budget.

When you consider that Ohio Classic Lotto now has a jackpot of $70.8M/$35.4M cash and buying all 13,983,816 combinations would not only win the $35.M cash jackpot but also 54,201 combinations matching 5/6 worth $1,500 ea.,13,545 combinations matching 4/6 worth $70 ea. and 246,820 combinations of 3/6 worth $2 ea. for a total of $37,228,790 or 166.2% profit, those rules must be working because no one is winning.

**54,201 combinations matching 5/6 worth $1,500 ea. is an error, the odds of matching 5/6 are 1:54,201 but there are only 258 winning combinations of 5/6.

Sorry about that. Shocked

Evil Looking