Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What would your day to day life be after winning?

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 3 years ago by CDanaT.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
Jacksonville, Florida
United States
Member #140364
March 17, 2013
195 Posts
Posted: February 26, 2014, 9:29 am - IP Logged

There was a similar post to this, but it was more directed to what you tell people you do for a living on how you made your fortune, but this is more asking what will you do after you win.

You have $100 million after taxes, you buy your new cars, you buy your new home, you've traveled to different places, you've invested your money and now the honeymoon phase is over. What would you do after that? Would you go to bed and get up whenever you felt like it? Would you have somebody do everything for you?

One thing I would do his hit the gym Mon-Fri and hire a personal trainer until I got in shape. Not looking to be like Arnold Schwarzenegger, but just to be in shape and stay healthy.  On a previous post of mine, I said I would drive the kiddie train in the mall a few hours a week. Cant really think what else I would do day to day.

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40339 Posts
    Posted: February 26, 2014, 9:44 am - IP Logged

See the world.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
      Member #152758
      February 24, 2014
      327 Posts
      Posted: February 26, 2014, 10:17 am - IP Logged

see  the   me  too!!!

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
        TX
        United States
        Member #121193
        January 4, 2012
        1637 Posts
        Posted: February 26, 2014, 10:21 am - IP Logged

The home gym workout would be a definite, work on my non profit organization, head down to my shooting range for practice. Go for a 2-4 mile walk with the Mrs and the dog(s) on the 50+ acre property. Check out on line auctions and sales for potential purchases for the mrs/my collections. Go on L.P and pester Sully/Rdgrnr/Hearsetrax/Coin Toss & a few others just for S&G Patriot

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: February 26, 2014, 10:29 am - IP Logged

The home gym workout would be a definite, work on my non profit organization, head down to my shooting range for practice. Go for a 2-4 mile walk with the Mrs and the dog(s) on the 50+ acre property. Check out on line auctions and sales for potential purchases for the mrs/my collections. Go on L.P and pester Sully/Rdgrnr/Hearsetrax/Coin Toss & a few others just for S&G Patriot

"Go on L.P and pester...Rdgrnr...."

Take a number, CD.  LOL

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
            Kentucky
            United States
            Member #35086
            March 12, 2006
            10374 Posts
            Posted: February 26, 2014, 10:39 am - IP Logged

I  would   help  all  the   Veterans  that   I   could   in    this    Country

Track  Chairs      Wounded     Warriors       Homeless   Vets        etc.

The   True   Heroes   of   this    Country   

I   would   start  no   kill    animal    shelters     many   places   also

Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40339 Posts
              Posted: February 26, 2014, 10:42 am - IP Logged

LOL, pester away, glad your here!Cheers

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4104 Posts
                Posted: February 26, 2014, 10:46 am - IP Logged

When was the last time you saw Arnold shirtless? Let's just say" it ain't pretty".
                To answer your question- My day to day operations will be whatever l please!

Pita Maha's avatar - 940d8157 d1fb-4f70-a715-6ad04d915489.jpg
                  SW Florida
                  United States
                  Member #145673
                  August 11, 2013
                  152 Posts
                  Posted: February 26, 2014, 11:28 am - IP Logged

See the world.

That's what I'd do too.  I love travel so much, there'd be no "honeymoon phase" for that.  It would be ongoing as there's so much in this world to see and experience.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                    Member #52345
                    May 21, 2007
                    2657 Posts
                    Posted: February 26, 2014, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

LOL just remember what goes around will eventually come back and haunt you

pleasent screams

Upstate, NY
                      United States
                      Member #152608
                      February 19, 2014
                      6 Posts
                      Posted: February 26, 2014, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

I think I'd want to have a few hobbies just to change things up a bit.

I would get back into playing tennis.  I would like to learn curling (looked fun at the Olympics).  While I'd have a landscaper I'd still want my own vegtable garden.

I'd definitely travel, but I can be a bit of a home-body too, so I'd likely keep it to one big trip a year.

There's no doubt that I would get season tickets to the local play house, the local Opera House (I already know where I want to live and they have an Opera House) and I'd hope to become a patron of the local museums that I love.

My house would have sport-centered man cave, so I'm sure I'd spend a fair amount of time there.

A bi-yearly trip to Disney/Universal Studios would be part of the plan. Disney (yeah, I'm 38 and still love Mickey Mouse >.<)

I have some ideas for a charity organization I would like to start as well so I'd be involved with that.

Obviously I haven't given this very much thought.  Those are a few of the details, but there's more too.  Hopefully I haven't spent all my money before I've won it. Thud

Inland Empire
                        United States
                        Member #118116
                        October 22, 2011
                        316 Posts
                        Posted: February 26, 2014, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

After a big win?

A moderate one-bedroom apartment in a quiet neighborhood. Lay low for some time while establishing channels with financial advisors and lawyers.

Set aside some money for myself. And the rest of them goes for the big gamble of investment.

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
                          Jacksonville, Florida
                          United States
                          Member #140364
                          March 17, 2013
                          195 Posts
                          Posted: February 26, 2014, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

See the world.

But even that on a day to day basis that will burn thru you pocket unless you just get delux hotel rooms.

Ringleader
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #81740
                            October 28, 2009
                            40339 Posts
                            Posted: February 26, 2014, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

But even that on a day to day basis that will burn thru you pocket unless you just get delux hotel rooms.

I would spend time in my garden when I wasn't traveling around.

United States
                              Member #149820
                              December 9, 2013
                              644 Posts
                              Posted: February 26, 2014, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

I would be a rolling stone let no moss gather under my feet. Buy a new car on the east coast, like an Audi A8 drive it to the west coast trade it in and get oh I dont know an H2 Hummer and drive back to the east coast LOL