Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What would your day to day life be after winning?

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 3 years ago by CDanaT.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
Jacksonville, Florida
United States
Member #140364
March 17, 2013
195 Posts
Posted: February 26, 2014, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

I would be a rolling stone let no moss gather under my feet. Buy a new car on the east coast, like an Audi A8 drive it to the west coast trade it in and get oh I dont know an H2 Hummer and drive back to the east coast LOL

LOL! LOL

That I like! That is something I will do too. Thanks for the ideal!

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
    USA
    United States
    Member #152799
    February 25, 2014
    1094 Posts
    Posted: February 26, 2014, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Relocating my husband and son into a short term rental in a different state is a priority. We would have a close friend occupy our current house while facilitating with the movers to put our belongings in storage prior to placing it on the market.

We would:

Organize a financial game plan with our advisers and attorney.

Spend a month or two visiting many communities in order to find a new area to lay our roots 

Purchase a home in an exclusive guard gated community. 

Follow and grow our investments and if things go as planned then rewarding ourselves with a vacation every 3-4 months.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
      Member #52345
      May 21, 2007
      2659 Posts
      Posted: February 26, 2014, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

gated community is a fool's paradise for an over inflated price and false sense of security

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
        Member #52345
        May 21, 2007
        2659 Posts
        Posted: February 26, 2014, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

I would be a rolling stone let no moss gather under my feet. Buy a new car on the east coast, like an Audi A8 drive it to the west coast trade it in and get oh I dont know an H2 Hummer and drive back to the east coast LOL

sounds like fun ....  but why would any fool Buy an H2 or H3 is beyond me

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
          Member #118609
          November 4, 2011
          939 Posts
          Posted: February 26, 2014, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

I would spend time in my garden when I wasn't traveling around.

I'm with you on this, traveling and spending time in my garden.  I was going to say travel when the weather is bad but then, winning a lottery I would not be living in a place with cold lol.

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
            USA
            United States
            Member #152799
            February 25, 2014
            1094 Posts
            Posted: February 26, 2014, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

gated community is a fool's paradise for an over inflated price and false sense of security

I beg to differ with your assumption. We currently live in a gated community but only one of the entrances has a  guard. The other entrance is access card or bar code activated so many people are able to sneak in. This is by no means a high end neighborhood as most of the homes range in value from 500k to the 1.5 million.

If I was fortunate enough to win a Mega million or Powerball jackpot then an exclusive guard gate community with multi-million dollar homes would be my preference for a place to live. The prices are inflated but that is the price you pay for safety and security.

There are several communities throughout the United States similar to what I am referencing that make the privacy of their residents their main objective. These communities have video surveillance throughout the perimeter and record any guest driving up to the guard house. You only get passed the gates if one of the residents or someone from the GM's office has forwarded your name to guards manning the entrance. Realtors do not gain access even if they attempt to bring in a celebrity or VIP without first making arraignments with the club.

You can continue to refer to all gated communities as a "fool's paradise" but I respectively disagree.

United States
              Member #135804
              November 29, 2012
              318 Posts
              Posted: February 26, 2014, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

Join the jet set. Date models and actresses, go to Art Basel, St. Barts, Gstaad, French Open, Cannes, Monaco GP, Wimbledon, St. Tropez, NY/Milan/Paris Fashion Week.

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
                Jacksonville, Florida
                United States
                Member #140364
                March 17, 2013
                195 Posts
                Posted: February 26, 2014, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

I beg to differ with your assumption. We currently live in a gated community but only one of the entrances has a  guard. The other entrance is access card or bar code activated so many people are able to sneak in. This is by no means a high end neighborhood as most of the homes range in value from 500k to the 1.5 million.

If I was fortunate enough to win a Mega million or Powerball jackpot then an exclusive guard gate community with multi-million dollar homes would be my preference for a place to live. The prices are inflated but that is the price you pay for safety and security.

There are several communities throughout the United States similar to what I am referencing that make the privacy of their residents their main objective. These communities have video surveillance throughout the perimeter and record any guest driving up to the guard house. You only get passed the gates if one of the residents or someone from the GM's office has forwarded your name to guards manning the entrance. Realtors do not gain access even if they attempt to bring in a celebrity or VIP without first making arraignments with the club.

You can continue to refer to all gated communities as a "fool's paradise" but I respectively disagree.

There is at least 1 gated community where I live, one way in, one way out.  Even guests can not drive into the community, they have to park out on the main road and when somebody is hosting a party, there are some pretty nice cars parked on the side of the road. Police officers can not go in there unless there is a call for service.

United States
                  Member #149820
                  December 9, 2013
                  644 Posts
                  Posted: February 26, 2014, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

sounds like fun ....  but why would any fool Buy an H2 or H3 is beyond me

Well I wouldnt be buying it to keep it LOL I'd just drive it to another location in the US and trade it in for something else, that's just an interesting way I want to travel from coast to coast, and north and south

United States
                    Member #149820
                    December 9, 2013
                    644 Posts
                    Posted: February 26, 2014, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

LOL I try to keep it interesting, hope you as well as I get to do it someday...soon

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                      Connecticut
                      United States
                      Member #61623
                      May 29, 2008
                      20581 Posts
                      Posted: February 26, 2014, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

What would your day to day life be after winning?

I dunno but I'm sure I would go on a bender for the first 2 days ..lol

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

sully16's avatar - sharan
                        Ringleader
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #81740
                        October 28, 2009
                        40611 Posts
                        Posted: February 26, 2014, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

Relocating my husband and son into a short term rental in a different state is a priority. We would have a close friend occupy our current house while facilitating with the movers to put our belongings in storage prior to placing it on the market.

We would:

Organize a financial game plan with our advisers and attorney.

Spend a month or two visiting many communities in order to find a new area to lay our roots 

Purchase a home in an exclusive guard gated community. 

Follow and grow our investments and if things go as planned then rewarding ourselves with a vacation every 3-4 months.

Mr. Mossberg provides great security, If you got strong wrists a Colt Python will make intruders ..., run llike He!!.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
                          Member #124814
                          March 20, 2012
                          219 Posts
                          Posted: February 26, 2014, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

I would have my own place of business and just kick it there from time to time. I'll own a restaurant and just go there and work somedays. I really like the "cool boss" aspect, I want to do that. I would also love to become an assistant coach at my old school. No time for that now, but with that kind of money, you have time to do whatever you want without a care in the world.

Yeah but that hooneymoon would last quite a while before I got into all that lol.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                            Member #121745
                            January 16, 2012
                            4806 Posts
                            Posted: February 26, 2014, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

Eating crepes with orange marmalade and cafe au lait every day!

J'aime La France.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                              Mcminnville, Oregon
                              United States
                              Member #3013
                              December 13, 2003
                              3056 Posts
                              Posted: February 26, 2014, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

Travel all of the 50 states in the u.s. and get a new suv for my mother since she likes vehicles that are a little bit higher off from the ground.  I have been to kentucky,oklahoma, arkansas, texas, illinios, washington, california, idaho, and nevada.  So their is plenty for me to see when I win.-weshar75

US Flag