Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I think most of the people on this forum would use their jackpot wisely, do you agree?

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 3 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
ttech10's avatar - blobdude
Texas
United States
Member #92330
June 5, 2010
887 Posts
Posted: March 7, 2014, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

well said TT10 .....

thars a few regular regulars I know would do very well indeed

but then thars the few of them , I'm convinced that would now doubt find them selves on curse of the lottery and

I say we ought to just for the grins of it put up such a list our blogs put up such a list of regular regulars

who would you put up on your list  on those who would flub it ??

Admittedly, I don't often pay attention to who posts what, but I do know that I've seen a few posts from users where I left thinking that they would need all they help possible if they won.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if those who sound as though they have it all figured out could win and go bankrupt while those with poorly thought out plans keep their money, simply because once the money is in their hands their true self may come out and change those plans or they turn out not being as strong willed at saying no as they thought (which is why I would want to stay as private as possible, since I hate having to turn people down).

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: March 8, 2014, 12:51 am - IP Logged

Admittedly, I don't often pay attention to who posts what, but I do know that I've seen a few posts from users where I left thinking that they would need all they help possible if they won.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if those who sound as though they have it all figured out could win and go bankrupt while those with poorly thought out plans keep their money, simply because once the money is in their hands their true self may come out and change those plans or they turn out not being as strong willed at saying no as they thought (which is why I would want to stay as private as possible, since I hate having to turn people down).

"not being as strong willed at saying no"

"I hate having to turn people down"

I love ya, man.See Ya!

Inland Empire
      United States
      Member #118116
      October 22, 2011
      317 Posts
      Posted: March 9, 2014, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

Ridge, now I can symphasize with you. World is so crazy and now I just want to live like a hermit.

United States
        Member #34931
        March 9, 2006
        98 Posts
        Posted: March 31, 2014, 10:06 am - IP Logged

The majority of bond funds have badly lagged the returns of the overall market(Russell,NASDAQ and S&P) for the previous 5 years. Anyone seeking higher returns would have done much better having exposure in the stock market. While I believe bonds are an important element of any balanced portfolio, depending on your age it should only be a portion of your allocation.

Making quarterly federal tax payments is a given if anyone is self-employed or earns a substantial portion of their income through the financial market. Uncle Sam frowns on those who owe him money.

60 Minutes report on stock market high frequency trading . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BweADB78tBY

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4111 Posts
          Posted: March 31, 2014, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

I don't need a big house. I am not into luxury lifestyle.

In my FB page, I friended a beautiful Russian-born model. But after I friended her I was bombarded with suggestions for all kinds of super luxury stuff. I used to communicate with her occasionally, but when I told her than luxury stuff is repulsive to me she blocked my communication, although she did not drop me from her friend list. :(

You know, I got this frugal and humble attutude from the historical figures that I admire. And they lived well before 20th century. :D And they both prefered tents before palaces.

I have no idea how l could have missed this " gem" from you gogi-
          But this line of yours "l got this frugal...from historical figures"..is a relationship killer to Russian Women dude.
          Those beautiful girls are desperate to leave Russia, and the last  thing they want to hear is " frugality" in any conversation. They bringing beauty to the table and they hoping you reciprocate by " taking care of them" they don't come cheap.
          All the best in your endeavors nonetheless.

United States
            Member #124493
            March 14, 2012
            7023 Posts
            Posted: March 31, 2014, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

In my FB page, I friended a beautiful Russian-born model. But after I friended her I was bombarded with suggestions for all kinds of super luxury stuff. I used to communicate with her occasionally, but when I told her than luxury stuff is repulsive to me she blocked my communication, although she did not drop me from her friend list. :(

You know, I got this frugal and humble attutude from the historical figures that I admire. And they lived well before 20th century. :D And they both prefered tents before palaces.

Knuckle head, you friended spam, you naive BASΤARD!!!!!.

You probably might have got suckered in by her sexy licentious photo.

FB stands for fakebook!!!!Hit With Stick

P.S.

Luxury stuff is repulsive to you?

Are you some sort of welfare pauper?

I like tents too, as long as it some kind of luxurious harry potter tent.

Unfortunately from my experince most of the tents I have been exposed to, smell like mold and piss.

fajardo
              United States
              Member #152445
              February 15, 2014
              47 Posts
              Posted: March 31, 2014, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Most will make bad decisions ,I think most of us are commiting the historian's fallacy.

None of us have won a major jackpot , but we are sure we would have made better decisions but we are only claiming it because we know what that they did wrong , the results and the better alternative after the fact. Is easy to pick a winning team after the game has ended. 

I have study accounting , taxation and finances and I can tell you that I'm not sure I would make the best decisions. And from some of the advices some of the posters like to repeat and repeat , most of them don't know what they are talking or haven't done their research.

miracleplay5's avatar - web
                Orange County, Florida
                United States
                Member #117114
                September 27, 2011
                995 Posts
                Posted: March 31, 2014, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

No, sorry but I do not agree. I think the law of averages shows that there will always be a sizable percentage of people who will not use their winnings wisely. No offense but you sound like you are trying to convince yourself why you may be more entitled to a win.

My question to you, would winning make you happy?  I think you would still be unhappy in life and feel stressed out by  the money. I know many people with sizable college and post college debts and that is life.  Hopefully you do not assume all those debts on yourself and your college educated children are helping out in a major way. I knew one woman who got out of law school 10 years ago with $100,000 debt and she worked 60-70 hrs a week and lived at home for 4 years to pay off her debt (and she chose to work for a non-profit). I did without a car for the first 4 years after graduation when I moved to this area. I lived on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and saved to buy my townhouse.  When there is a will, there is a way. Remember college was a choice, not an involuntary expense.

Hello you need hug...come on gang let's give Artist77 a big ole lotterypost group hugGroup HugGroup HugGroup Hug

I am trying to figure out how you pulled this "No offense but you sound like you are trying to convince yourself why you may be more entitled to a win." out

of the original post...great job on funding your education and spending wisely in order to purchase your townhome and car...and you made the right choiceYes NodHyper

Pay less, win more & world peaceSee Ya!

"No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care"-Theodore Rooosevelt

miracleplay5's avatar - web
                  Orange County, Florida
                  United States
                  Member #117114
                  September 27, 2011
                  995 Posts
                  Posted: March 31, 2014, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

After being on this site  for a few years now I believe that the majority of the people on this site would use their jackpot winnings wisely. It seems that most people on here are hardworking people who just want to help their families have a secure life. Speaking for myself I'm not someone that wants to win a jackpot to buy big houses or cars or live extravagantly. Just being set for life and knowing my family would be set financially would take away a lot of day to day stress. I'd like to travel so that would probably be my biggest extravagance but otherwise just being able to use my money for good things like helping people who are in need would be great. I'd also like to set up scholarships for kids to go to college. It's amazing how the price of college has become unobtainable for so many people, or if they are able to go to college and fall in the category where they are not able to get grants or scholarships then they come out of college owing thousands of dollars for their educations.  I'd want to make sure my winnings would last. Have heard so many stories of people blowing their jackpots and then ended up the same way they were before they won. Do you agree with me that the people on this site would use their winnings wisely?

I have seen this quite often...but I am addressing you...Why would you post a question but didn't come back to engage people that leave a comment???anyway, LP isn't a cult so there will be people that are members that will most definitely go broke in a few years and then some of us will figure out a way to make our money work for us so that we can leave a healthy inheritance for generations to come...as far as education...I would fund post graduate degree programs...I worked hard in highschool and got a full scholarship...there is a way to get a basic college degree(B.S/B.A) without having any debt...it's more difficult to get a debt free Masters or Doctoral degree...and these days my B.S degree is the same as a high school diploma...I know somebody right now that only has a high diploma(HDROFL) and making $65,000 a year right here in the state of Florida...that's right $65k...sixty five thousand dollars...I didn't even need to utilize my degree and my salary was $100k for a job I had...it's sad because that shouldnt be...lmbo...I just got on my soap box...I need a cyber hug Group HugSee Ya!

Pay less, win more & world peaceSee Ya!

"No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care"-Theodore Rooosevelt

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3475 Posts
                    Posted: March 31, 2014, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

You didn't need her anyway, so don't worry about it. If you care about the economy you'll remember that there are plenty of perfectly good American prostitutes to choose from, not to mention all of the women who aren't prostitutes.

NY
                      United States
                      Member #23835
                      October 16, 2005
                      3475 Posts
                      Posted: March 31, 2014, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

I've seen enough posts from people who haven't started businesses but want to start one with lottery winnings, or who want to buy a 15 or 25 thousand square foot house to be pretty sure that there are plenty of people here who would make bad decisions about how to spend the money.