Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I think most of the people on this forum would use their jackpot wisely, do you agree?

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 3 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10344 Posts
Posted: March 4, 2014, 1:03 am - IP Logged

I'll say yes, most here would use their jp $$$ wisely but qualify that with you nevr really know until it happens to a person.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
    NY
    United States
    Member #121961
    January 21, 2012
    3157 Posts
    Posted: March 4, 2014, 1:47 am - IP Logged

Skeptical I can neither agree nore disagree ....

but I know a few and many who would no doubt waste it all on a pet theory and wind up worse then when they started ,then blame it all on the curse of the lottery

I have a pet theory. Liberace has come back as the Keyboard cat. Meow meeeow, Meow meeeow.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
      Texas
      United States
      Member #92330
      June 5, 2010
      887 Posts
      Posted: March 4, 2014, 4:34 am - IP Logged

The site has 153,026 members currently, so it's hard to say that most of them would do better, since a large portion probably aren't regulars. So I'll agree that I think most regulars here would spend their jackpot more wisely and react better to a win than the general public.

I say this based on how many people I've heard at stores who buy tickets and you can tell they haven't thought long term when dreaming of a win. Compared to here, when just scrolling through the recent topics you see plenty of titles that get you thinking about financial stability after a win.

And if a regular does win and blows the winnings, part of me will feel sorry for them as that would be a major disappointment, but another part of me wouldn't, because it's not like they didn't have access to very useful information.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
        Member #52345
        May 21, 2007
        2657 Posts
        Posted: March 4, 2014, 6:40 am - IP Logged

The site has 153,026 members currently, so it's hard to say that most of them would do better, since a large portion probably aren't regulars. So I'll agree that I think most regulars here would spend their jackpot more wisely and react better to a win than the general public.

I say this based on how many people I've heard at stores who buy tickets and you can tell they haven't thought long term when dreaming of a win. Compared to here, when just scrolling through the recent topics you see plenty of titles that get you thinking about financial stability after a win.

And if a regular does win and blows the winnings, part of me will feel sorry for them as that would be a major disappointment, but another part of me wouldn't, because it's not like they didn't have access to very useful information.

well said TT10 .....

thars a few regular regulars I know would do very well indeed

but then thars the few of them , I'm convinced that would now doubt find them selves on curse of the lottery and

I say we ought to just for the grins of it put up such a list our blogs put up such a list of regular regulars

who would you put up on your list  on those who would flub it ??

sully16's avatar - sharan
          Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          40250 Posts
          Posted: March 4, 2014, 7:15 am - IP Logged

People who manage their money well, will be fine.

Those who don't, will be broke in 5 years.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
            USA
            United States
            Member #152799
            February 25, 2014
            1090 Posts
            Posted: March 5, 2014, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

I agree with you! I wonder how many of the 153k members are actually active members who log on at least once a month?

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
              TX
              United States
              Member #121193
              January 4, 2012
              1637 Posts
              Posted: March 5, 2014, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

I agree with you! I wonder how many of the 153k members are actually active members who log on at least once a month?

I am here for the "free" Tide laundry detergent at the bottom of the thread.... well that and the sudoku

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: March 5, 2014, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

well said TT10 .....

thars a few regular regulars I know would do very well indeed

but then thars the few of them , I'm convinced that would now doubt find them selves on curse of the lottery and

I say we ought to just for the grins of it put up such a list our blogs put up such a list of regular regulars

who would you put up on your list  on those who would flub it ??

"who would you put up on your list  on those who would flub it ??"

Just you.

Inland Empire
                  United States
                  Member #118116
                  October 22, 2011
                  316 Posts
                  Posted: March 5, 2014, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

I don't need a big house. I am not into luxury lifestyle.

In my FB page, I friended a beautiful Russian-born model. But after I friended her I was bombarded with suggestions for all kinds of super luxury stuff. I used to communicate with her occasionally, but when I told her than luxury stuff is repulsive to me she blocked my communication, although she did not drop me from her friend list. :(

You know, I got this frugal and humble attutude from the historical figures that I admire. And they lived well before 20th century. :D And they both prefered tents before palaces.

United States
                    Member #135804
                    November 29, 2012
                    316 Posts
                    Posted: March 6, 2014, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

Just watch those rescue shows like Hotel/Restaurant Impossible, Hotel Hell, Kitchen Nightmares, and CNBC's The Profit to see that even good-intentioned people, with sums of money most families dream of, run businesses into the ground - most of them fail after the episodes too. Some people just have problematic character flaws or have no idea what they are doing.

Now picture a winner that quits his job to pursue an interest like that and you can see the potential for failure.

JADELottery's avatar - MeAtWork 03.PNG
                      The Quantum Master
                      West Concord, MN
                      United States
                      Member #21
                      December 7, 2001
                      3675 Posts
                      Posted: March 6, 2014, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

We'd waste all our's on men, booze, gambling, the stock market, bad investments, sex, drugs,  you know, the whole shabangbang... As quickly as possible.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
                      Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
                      Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
                      Knowledge is Beyond Belief
                      Wisdom is Not Censored
                      Douglas Paul Smallish
                      Jehocifer

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: March 6, 2014, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

I don't need a big house. I am not into luxury lifestyle.

In my FB page, I friended a beautiful Russian-born model. But after I friended her I was bombarded with suggestions for all kinds of super luxury stuff. I used to communicate with her occasionally, but when I told her than luxury stuff is repulsive to me she blocked my communication, although she did not drop me from her friend list. :(

You know, I got this frugal and humble attutude from the historical figures that I admire. And they lived well before 20th century. :D And they both prefered tents before palaces.

"when I told her than luxury stuff is repulsive to me she blocked my communication"

LOL, and you were surprised?

Listen Gogi,

Girls just wanna have fun.

And they can't do that with a penny-pinching cheapskate worrying about how much having a good time is going to cost him.

And they don't consider going somewhere like Wendy's Salad Bar a night out on the town.

Loosen up!

Inland Empire
                          United States
                          Member #118116
                          October 22, 2011
                          316 Posts
                          Posted: March 7, 2014, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

Look, one thing that good ol' Uncle Sam taught me out of his pocket money was that you can never be vigilant enough, especially in these days.

As an independent thinking citizen, without pissing off neighbors, it's my duty to be vigilant for the sake of people around me.

veganlife125's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
                            Member #142777
                            May 18, 2013
                            263 Posts
                            Posted: March 7, 2014, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

I was thinking CC's Pizza Buffet.  OK OK OK she can have sweet tea or coke with that instead of water. LOL

Don't forget to visit the Lottery Post Gift Shop!

United States
                              Member #149820
                              December 9, 2013
                              643 Posts
                              Posted: March 7, 2014, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

"when I told her than luxury stuff is repulsive to me she blocked my communication"

LOL, and you were surprised?

Listen Gogi,

Girls just wanna have fun.

And they can't do that with a penny-pinching cheapskate worrying about how much having a good time is going to cost him.

And they don't consider going somewhere like Wendy's Salad Bar a night out on the town.

Loosen up!

Ahhh Wendy's salad bar, the good ole 80s, I used to love to go to Wendy's and get the salad bar