Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 3:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Any players in NC

Topic closed. 54 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Lsmith1535.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
western nc
United States
Member #153841
March 27, 2014
9 Posts
Posted: March 27, 2014, 12:48 am - IP Logged

Are there any scratchers in NC? Im in western NC and not having much luck in the past month or two on anything. Most i'v won is $50 on a $5 green and gold.

United States
    Member #89330
    April 5, 2010
    477 Posts
    Posted: March 27, 2014, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Are there any scratchers in NC? Im in western NC and not having much luck in the past month or two on anything. Most i'v won is $50 on a $5 green and gold.

Hi NCBIGWIN,

I won $100 yesterday on the Green N Gold and another $100 about a month ago.  I usually at least win my $5 back or $10.  It seems to be a fun game with a chance of winning "something".  Have won zero dollars on that new $5 Grant game -- he's not smiling so that's a sign. 

My favorite game so far is the $20 Gold Bullion -- we won $5k last August and that was very cool --- ready to graduate from that level now.  LOL

Would love to hear from others as to how they are doing and what scratchers they are winning on.  I live in Raleigh area -- there some good stores here -- some not worth buying tickets because there appear to be no winners at some.  I typically win when I buy tickets at the grocery stores and my husband wins at the convenient stores.  The $5k win was at a convenient store. 

We did miss a $10k ticket win recently--did not stop by my favorite grocery store on the way to lunch but did on the way back.  Customer Service Rep said -- you're one ticket too late.  The lady who just left bought one $20 ticket and won $10,000.  She was very happy -- I was disappointed.  But I live to win again.

Best of luck to you!  Hope you get an NCBIGWIN soon!

western nc
      United States
      Member #153841
      March 27, 2014
      9 Posts
      Posted: March 30, 2014, 7:20 am - IP Logged

Well not too many players here I guess. That sucks you missed out on 10k :( I'v missed a few $500's around town, went to one of my spots and the guy told me someone came in like 20 minutes ago and hit for 500. I knew something was up with winning that $50 a couple days ago, I had went to get chinese food and went to the store while waitin on it to cook, thats when i hit for 50, but unfortunatly the chinese food gave me food poisoning so i missed a day off work and stayed in bed for 2 days sick as hell. Luck o the irish lol

jay704's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
        United States
        Member #149649
        December 5, 2013
        217 Posts
        Posted: April 1, 2014, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

Busting

Jim777's avatar - e13dc2c8 9163-4600-9f1d-a2456b1f5cab_zpsmbkn

United States
          Member #95537
          August 12, 2010
          54 Posts
          Posted: April 5, 2014, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

I live in Boone NC and I've been playing Scratch Offs for the past 2 years on and off.

I never scratch my tickets until I get home and then I wait till later in the evening when I'm having a drink around 5:30 or so then I slowly scratch and take my time with it. If I win then I will take my winners and cash them the next day. If I lose then I put the losing tickets in my collection of losers.

I have a shoebox FULL of losing tickets that are interesting to study and look for patterns. It also reminds me how much money I've spent on scratch offs...

The MOST I ever won from a single ticket was $50 and ironicly that was a $2 ticket. 

I check the NC website and see which scratch offs are newest and have the best prizes left, odds, etc.

I especially buy when the New NC Scratch Offs come out on the first Tuesday of each month. I've noticed that the New Scratch Offs have a LOT of winners in the first distribution by the lottery people.

United States
            Member #95537
            August 12, 2010
            54 Posts
            Posted: April 5, 2014, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

After posting this, I thought Hmmm Perhaps I'll go out and buy a few scratch offs...

I went to my favorite location, a Grocery Store that always seems to have the winners for sale at their Keyosk Automated Lottery Dispensor.

I bought 2 $10 Tickets the new Millionaire 7s and 1 of the $5 Caesars tickets. Both of these just came out last Tuesday so 4 days ago. 

Both $10 tickets were duds but the $5 Caesars was a $50 Winner!!

Here's a photo!!

Caesars $50 Winner

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
              Los Angeles, California
              United States
              Member #149492
              December 2, 2013
              919 Posts
              Posted: April 5, 2014, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

After posting this, I thought Hmmm Perhaps I'll go out and buy a few scratch offs...

I went to my favorite location, a Grocery Store that always seems to have the winners for sale at their Keyosk Automated Lottery Dispensor.

I bought 2 $10 Tickets the new Millionaire 7s and 1 of the $5 Caesars tickets. Both of these just came out last Tuesday so 4 days ago. 

Both $10 tickets were duds but the $5 Caesars was a $50 Winner!!

Here's a photo!!

Caesars $50 Winner

Congrats! 

That's an interesting game.  I wish we had more diversity in our Scratchers game play design.

PSchmidty's avatar - Pittsburgh Penguins-1.ico
                Charlotte, NC
                United States
                Member #154171
                April 6, 2014
                7 Posts
                Posted: April 6, 2014, 10:55 am - IP Logged

I live in Charlotte, NC. I've been playing scratchers for about 3 years now. Never really gave much attention to scratch-offs until I won $100 on a $1 ticket (been playing ever since lol). I didn't even intend to buy the $1 ticket. When I was standing at the machine to get a ticket for the mega some random kid ran up and started hitting buttons. Out came the $1 ticket. 

I've had a decent amount of luck over the few years I've been playing, mostly on the $20 tickets. A few months ago I had a hit for $500 on the $120 million cash game. That's the most I've ever won on one ticket. Also hit for $200 on the same game last month, and $400 on one of the discontinued $20 tickets awhile back. I've had several $100 winners here and there on the other $20 games too (Gold Bullion, Multiplier, $200k for life. etc.). Obviously hoping to one day stumble across a top prize.White Bounce

I have had absolutely ZERO luck playing the $10 games. I don't even bother playing them anymore. I'm curious to hear other player's experiences with the various games. Anyone ever win on a 2nd chance drawing?

Best of luck to everyone!

Paul

LeGetIt689's avatar - aim
                  RALEIGH, NC
                  United States
                  Member #129566
                  June 22, 2012
                  310 Posts
                  Posted: April 6, 2014, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

im a nc scratcher, how do i post pics of winning tickets and have anybody played that 4,000,000 multiplier. i got ticket 000 from my fav store and it was a looser. did win $10 on double doubler and $5 on rapid refund

$2,000 A WEEK IS THE GOAL.....WHAT'S YOURS????

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                    NY
                    United States
                    Member #121961
                    January 21, 2012
                    3157 Posts
                    Posted: April 6, 2014, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

I'll be playing in the Jacksonville/Emerald Isle area next week. Got a couple $100 and 50s there so we'll see what happens with the new tickets.

western nc
                      United States
                      Member #153841
                      March 27, 2014
                      9 Posts
                      Posted: April 7, 2014, 6:40 am - IP Logged

I really like the new $5 caesars ticket. I like the multiple games. Havn't had too much luck lately but i'v been playin pick3/4/5 as well. I may just focus on the new $1k per week for life ticket i'd have been playing it but my usual store kept selling off the old ones they had left in stock. So i'm just gna stick to caesars and the 1k ticket. I would do alright with an extra 1k a week, after taxes probably 600 lol :/

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                        USA
                        United States
                        Member #152799
                        February 25, 2014
                        1094 Posts
                        Posted: April 7, 2014, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

I see a lot of people buying them but I have never bought any myself. I think many are addicted to scratch-offs and I don't want to waste any money in order to join them.

western nc
                          United States
                          Member #153841
                          March 27, 2014
                          9 Posts
                          Posted: April 7, 2014, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

Then I believe you may be in the wrong forum? Although you can become easily addicted to them, but that can be said about anything. Hell im a smoker, and theres nothing appealing about it at all.

United States
                            Member #95537
                            August 12, 2010
                            54 Posts
                            Posted: April 7, 2014, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

im a nc scratcher, how do i post pics of winning tickets and have anybody played that 4,000,000 multiplier. i got ticket 000 from my fav store and it was a looser. did win $10 on double doubler and $5 on rapid refund

To post photos you'll need to upload them to your computer or a mobile device, then use a Free photo hosting site such as Photobucket.

When typing your post look at the icons near the bottom of the message box there's one that looks like a tree that's the insert image button that allows you to insert the image URL from Photobucket.

Sounds complicated but it's very easy to do once you get use to it.

United States
                              Member #95537
                              August 12, 2010
                              54 Posts
                              Posted: April 7, 2014, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

I was feeling lucky today so I decided to buy a few more scratchers.

I went to one of my favorite spots that seems to have a lot of winning tickets, it's an automated dispensor at a drug store.

I spent $20 and bought a variety of tickets, few $5 and a few $2 tickets. As usual I just pick whatever calls to me as I'm standing in front of the dispensor.

I won $70!!

I even won $40 on the new Scoop the Cash $2 ticket.

Here's a photo of the winners...