Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Any players in NC

Topic closed. 54 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Lsmith1535.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
PSchmidty's avatar - Pittsburgh Penguins-1.ico
Charlotte, NC
United States
Member #154171
April 6, 2014
7 Posts
Posted: April 15, 2014, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

Stumbled across some good fortune today playing the newest $20 game ($4,000,000 Multiplier Spectacular). Bought one ticket, #001, out of the kiosk at a Rite-Aid of all places. Ended up scratching and revealing a $150 prize!

While it makes sense that the first/last tickets might produce more winners, it's probably a fallacy. All of my big winners (i.e., $100+), in fact, have never been from #000 or #029 (the first/last on $20 tickets). So I wouldn't be overly discouraged that your store clerks are ganking tickets, although it is shady on their part. I'd wager they're getting more losers than winners. Green laugh

Charlotte, NC
    United States
    Member #154171
    April 6, 2014
    7 Posts
    Posted: April 17, 2014, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

Here's a pic of the winning ticket...

$150 winner

Jim777's avatar - e13dc2c8 9163-4600-9f1d-a2456b1f5cab_zpsmbkn

United States
      Member #95537
      August 12, 2010
      54 Posts
      Posted: April 17, 2014, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

Here's a pic of the winning ticket...

$150 winner

Nice Win!!

Let's keep this NC thread alive!

Anyone who plays scratch offs in NC please post your winning tickets here. Tell us how you play and what you buy, where you buy, etc.

Any information is helpful. If you have a system of playing scratch offs please share it with us.

Thanks!

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
        NY
        United States
        Member #121961
        January 21, 2012
        3157 Posts
        Posted: April 19, 2014, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Finally got to play some nc scratchers and it's the worst i've done here.

five--4mill multiplier---$20 back

six--millionaire7s------$10

one--50xcash---------$15

two--caesars----------$15      tg i'm leaving tomm.

western nc
          United States
          Member #153841
          March 27, 2014
          9 Posts
          Posted: April 19, 2014, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

Yea man I see people posting the odds for winning $500 in their state is 1/6-700 ours are like 1/1200-3300. Its horrible, Iv been playing the red line tripler crossword lately cause it takes me FOREVER lol. spent $15 got back $13.

United States
            Member #95537
            August 12, 2010
            54 Posts
            Posted: April 20, 2014, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

I Finally Won Big!! Went out today and bought $25 worth of various tickets a few $5, few $3, few $2. from a Kiosk at a grocery store.

The $5 Green Gold Was a $500 Winner!! Finally! After 2 years of playing this is the most I've ever won.

I thought it was $250 then I scratched the back side and won another $250...

Charlotte, NC
              United States
              Member #154171
              April 6, 2014
              7 Posts
              Posted: April 20, 2014, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Very nice hit! $500 on a $5 ticket is pretty hard to come by.

Enjoy your win, and don't put too much of it back into buying more tickets! No No

Let's keep the winners coming!

Greensboro,NC
                United States
                Member #62300
                June 23, 2008
                129 Posts
                Posted: April 22, 2014, 6:20 am - IP Logged

Here's my winner. I usually only $5 $10 or $20 tickets if my money allows it. I scratched in the store last night. I'd have a $20 winner here,  a $25 winner  there and also a $50 winner. Something told me to keep scratching until I hit big or until I lost that initial $20. Glad I listened

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                  NY
                  United States
                  Member #121961
                  January 21, 2012
                  3157 Posts
                  Posted: April 22, 2014, 11:35 am - IP Logged

Wow. Great finds Jim and Bigboy.

United States
                    Member #95537
                    August 12, 2010
                    54 Posts
                    Posted: April 22, 2014, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

Here's my winner. I usually only $5 $10 or $20 tickets if my money allows it. I scratched in the store last night. I'd have a $20 winner here,  a $25 winner  there and also a $50 winner. Something told me to keep scratching until I hit big or until I lost that initial $20. Glad I listened

Wow, Very Nice $1000 Win!!

I'm planning a new scratch off experiment where I buy 50 $2 tickets and see what I get.

If I do this, I'll buy 10 $2 tickets from 5 different locations that I know have lots of winners and post the Before and After photos here.

Good Luck to all and please post your winners here!!

I'll also mention that I occasionally go to Harrah's in Cherokee NC and play the slots. Anyone else ever go to Harrah's? Not getting off topic just curious?

western nc
                      United States
                      Member #153841
                      March 27, 2014
                      9 Posts
                      Posted: April 23, 2014, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

No, I'v never been to Harrahs, but I used to work at one of the "internet sweepstakes" places in western NC, was a great job. Thank the state for shutting it down, I was supporting my family (wife, 2 kids) on my own with that job working 50-60 hours a week. It's not different than scratch offs or the lottery, but harrahs didnt like the competition. So many customers told us they came to where i worked instead of driving to Harrahs due to harrahs messing with their machines while they were doin the renovations and upgrades to the place.

United States
                        Member #154236
                        April 8, 2014
                        1431 Posts
                        Posted: May 1, 2014, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

I dropped 100.00 on the 20.00 4mil Multiplier Spectacular today.  Got tickets 005 through 009 on the roll.  The very first line I scratched off on the 1rst ticket 005 revealed the "100.00 win" symbol.  On the 3rd ticket I got 2x 10.00 for a 20.00 win.  There were no instant wins on the other 3 tickets but have not scratched the matching numbers yet (gives me a headache on 20.00 tickets).  I will check tomorrow but so far for the 1rst time in 2-3 months I got my money back plus 20.00 on a 100.00 of 20.00 scratch offs I play once a month.  I will let it all ride tomorrow like I usually do.  I know that is not recommended but I play to win big.  A few months ago I won 500.00 on a 20.00 scratchy and it took 4-5 days to dwindle it down to nothing.   Kind of funny but eventually I got down to my last 10.00 and won 100.00 on a 2.00 scratchy.  Cashed that in for 5 20.00s and did not win a dime.   First time that had ever happened on 100.00 worth of 20.00 sratch offs.  I thought 1 of every 2.5 tickets were at least break even???? The only time I have cashed in and did not let it all ride was when I won 2700.00 a couple of months ago on Pick 4. (That went to bills).

So any suggestions on where I let this 120.00 and maybe more ride tomorrow?  Should I cash in for 6 more 20.00 4 mil Multi Spectaculars?   I saw it posted on here that it is better to purchased 1-2 tickets from different rolls.  I agree if you are looking to break even or make a small profit.  I feel the best chances of hitting a big ticket you need to buy all from the same roll.

Charlotte, NC
                          United States
                          Member #154171
                          April 6, 2014
                          7 Posts
                          Posted: May 4, 2014, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Anyone read about the women who just won 1 million on a $4,000,000 million spectacular scratcher? The story says she never played a scratch off before in her life, and managed to win big on her first one ever. I seem to hear these stories of blind luck more often than not (e.g., guy wins powerball with the last $5 in his bank account).

It makes me wonder if they're legit, or if the lottery essentially plants these stories to drum up buzz about playing? In other words, the lucky winner comes to the lottery office and the officials there say, "Congratulations! Here's how we'd like for you to say you won...". Better to put out a story of ridiculously good fortune as opposed to a story where someone who spends hundreds every week/month finally hit big. To me, that's just clever marketing. 

Maybe I'm wrong and my eye has just been trained to fixate on those types of winners. Seems so incredibly unlikely though that a 1st time scratcher would take home a million. Either way, good for her! I hope one day I can figure out the answer to my question first hand! Wink

Olney, MD
                            United States
                            Member #121536
                            January 11, 2012
                            450 Posts
                            Posted: May 4, 2014, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

Anyone read about the women who just won 1 million on a $4,000,000 million spectacular scratcher? The story says she never played a scratch off before in her life, and managed to win big on her first one ever. I seem to hear these stories of blind luck more often than not (e.g., guy wins powerball with the last $5 in his bank account).

It makes me wonder if they're legit, or if the lottery essentially plants these stories to drum up buzz about playing? In other words, the lucky winner comes to the lottery office and the officials there say, "Congratulations! Here's how we'd like for you to say you won...". Better to put out a story of ridiculously good fortune as opposed to a story where someone who spends hundreds every week/month finally hit big. To me, that's just clever marketing. 

Maybe I'm wrong and my eye has just been trained to fixate on those types of winners. Seems so incredibly unlikely though that a 1st time scratcher would take home a million. Either way, good for her! I hope one day I can figure out the answer to my question first hand! Wink

I think the majority of players that win the lottery nationwide say that.  I think no one wants to admit publicly that they have a gambling problem or how much they really play.

United States
                              Member #95537
                              August 12, 2010
                              54 Posts
                              Posted: May 6, 2014, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

New NC Scratch Offs came out today! Had to hunt these down at several places to find gas stations that had them.

Results will follow...