Welcome Guest
You last visited October 23, 2017, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why You Will Never Quit Playing The Lottery In Your Lifetime.

Topic closed. 47 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Stack47.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #128790
June 2, 2012
5431 Posts
Posted: April 22, 2014, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

"You're never going to win".

I think that slogan is owned by you OnlyMonkey.  (Or based on your recent avatar you should be OnlyChimpy.

I will reduce it for you now. You are now OnlyChumpy.)

You sure like to repeat it.  How we are all deluded and stupid for believing that we can win.

You repeat it daily, its even your SIGNATURE, It's as if you dont want God to miss your uttering of your favorite mantra.

And whats with the habit of your long winded pontificating posts?

Cant you see anything meaningful in twenty words or less?

I bet when you were a student and the teacher said write a essay of five thousand words, you probably had an orgasm in your pants.

Maybe thats why you cant get a job?

On every interview, you probably say. "Boy your company mission statement is really stupid and deluded, do you really think you are going to cure cancer?  Boy everyone one working here is really stupid.  So  is the janitor job still open?"

/

You dang right I'm going to repeat it over and over and over, just like the same posters who incessantly write about how they KNOW, they're going to win. One thread after another over how to spend it, whether you'll divorce, what family members and friends you'll share with, charities, and on and on, as If it's eminent for them to win.

Get a clue bonehead. I know it's not easy for you, but try very very hard.

United States
    Member #93947
    July 10, 2010
    2180 Posts
    Posted: April 23, 2014, 2:13 am - IP Logged

I think what determines how difficult it would be for a person to quit playing the lottery is whether or not they believe they can engineer ways to win more than probability tells them they can.  If they know the lottery is a random process and play for fun, accepting that they're contributing 50% of their purchases to whatever cause their state uses it for, they will have a reasonable chance of quitting, if they choose to.  However, if they believe they can turn a losing proposition into a winning one, by whatever esoteric, illogical methods they might employ, greed will win out in the end, and they will most likely die struggling to win.

Stack47 asks,

"...Who is 'contributing 50% of their purchases to whateve cause'?"

All the players, in aggregate.  Review most Lottery Commission Balance Sheets.

You and the Digit Man can always be counted on to present yet another example of your Innumeracy, when given the chance.  Now you're limiting your focus to one draw.  You can't see beyond your noses.

--Jimmy4164

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7585 Posts
      Posted: April 23, 2014, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

Stack47 asks,

"...Who is 'contributing 50% of their purchases to whateve cause'?"

All the players, in aggregate.  Review most Lottery Commission Balance Sheets.

You and the Digit Man can always be counted on to present yet another example of your Innumeracy, when given the chance.  Now you're limiting your focus to one draw.  You can't see beyond your noses.

--Jimmy4164

"If they know the lottery is a random process and play for fun, accepting that they're contributing 50% of their purchases to whatever cause their state uses it for, they will have a reasonable chance of quitting, if they choose to."

and now you're changing it from some players to all the players.

"All the players, in aggregate.  Review most Lottery Commission Balance Sheets."

If like you say "in aggregate", meaning all the players, if they decide to quit for the reasons you gave, there is no lottery.

"Now you're limiting your focus to one draw."

The 65% plus tickets not matching any number or the bonus number applies in every drawing whether it's one drawing or an accumulation of drawings.

"You and the Digit Man can always be counted on to present yet another example of your Innumeracy, when given the chance."

This coming from someone who lacks the common sense to understand the 65% plus players with losing tickets in every drawing don't care how the $1 they lost is distributed.  The question is "why will they never quit?" not "why do lotteries make profits?".