Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why You Will Never Quit Playing The Lottery In Your Lifetime.

Topic closed. 47 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Stack47.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4108 Posts
Posted: April 17, 2014, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

THE RISK AVERSE LOTTERY PLAYER USES A LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT TO MINIMIZE HIS OR HER LOSSES.

Can it also be said that you need more than $1.00 and a dream to win? If everyone is waging just " $1.00" does it translate into" l have a winner?"
Yes or No?

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: April 17, 2014, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

I think it's Wayne " The Great One" G- who said " You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
    Play & Win or not Play & Not Win.
    The Math is rather simple.

Yes, the math is very simple, but you still don't get it, and you never will. Don't feel bad, there are many on this site to keep you company in the "dense" file.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: April 17, 2014, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

You could/would quit at least temporarily if you have no money to buy a ticket

But you wouldn't.

Not while there are convenience stores around to rob.

United States
        Member #93947
        July 10, 2010
        2180 Posts
        Posted: April 18, 2014, 12:16 am - IP Logged

I think what determines how difficult it would be for a person to quit playing the lottery is whether or not they believe they can engineer ways to win more than probability tells them they can.  If they know the lottery is a random process and play for fun, accepting that they're contributing 50% of their purchases to whatever cause their state uses it for, they will have a reasonable chance of quitting, if they choose to.  However, if they believe they can turn a losing proposition into a winning one, by whatever esoteric, illogical methods they might employ, greed will win out in the end, and they will most likely die struggling to win.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19829 Posts
          Posted: April 18, 2014, 12:40 am - IP Logged

Can it also be said that you need more than $1.00 and a dream to win? If everyone is waging just " $1.00" does it translate into" l have a winner?"
          Yes or No?

All you need to win is the winning combination.  For some one ticket is enough and others prefer several tickets and for others no amount of tickets will do so they don't even try.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4108 Posts
            Posted: April 18, 2014, 12:51 am - IP Logged

YOU WILL NEVER FIND THE INFINITY EQUATION OF WINNING A LOTTERY JACKPOT IN YOUR LIFETIME.

Did you mention Infinity?

Everytime i see a hummingbird I remember a Captain Mike's quote, from The Curious case of Benjamin Button..

He explains that if the bird stops flapping its wings for more than 10 seconds he'll die. He also explains that when scientists capture the bird's wings flap in slow-motion cinema, they found an 8-motion, which is the mathematical equivalent of the symbol for infinity, alluding for eternal life..

Wow Thrift.. that's Deep, you have finally turned the corner.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: April 18, 2014, 11:39 am - IP Logged

Everytime i see a hummingbird I remember a Captain Mike's quote, from The Curious case of Benjamin Button..

He explains that if the bird stops flapping its wings for more than 10 seconds he'll die. He also explains that when scientists capture the bird's wings flap in slow-motion cinema, they found an 8-motion, which is the mathematical equivalent of the symbol for infinity, alluding for eternal life..

"...if the bird stops flapping its wings for more than 10 seconds he'll die."

I had a mother in law once that thought she would die if she stopped flappin' her gums for 10 seconds.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                40513 Posts
                Posted: April 18, 2014, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

"...if the bird stops flapping its wings for more than 10 seconds he'll die."

I had a mother in law once that thought she would die if she stopped flappin' her gums for 10 seconds.

lol LOL I work with people like that

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11982 Posts
                  Posted: April 18, 2014, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

YOUR SILENCE DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING TO ME BECAUSE YOU ARE A BIGGER FOOL THAN ME.

DID I MISUNDERSTAND YOUR SILENCE?

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4108 Posts
                    Posted: April 18, 2014, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Yes, the math is very simple, but you still don't get it, and you never will. Don't feel bad, there are many on this site to keep you company in the "dense" file.

I will respond to you even though my mind tells me not to.
                    You in the wrong business, you ought to be in the psychic business where you would be  in the perfect position to " sell your smarts".. educate people on how to " get it".. you obnoxious moron!!
                    If you took the time to read my post it could also be translated" You have to be in it to win it" but you such a demented F, your mind fails to compute. Did you make it past the 3rd grade- l seriously doubt it.

NEW YORK
                      United States
                      Member #90535
                      April 29, 2010
                      11982 Posts
                      Posted: April 18, 2014, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

I will respond to you even though my mind tells me not to.
                      You in the wrong business, you ought to be in the psychic business where you would be  in the perfect position to " sell your smarts".. educate people on how to " get it".. you obnoxious moron!!
                      If you took the time to read my post it could also be translated" You have to be in it to win it" but you such a demented F, your mind fails to compute. Did you make it past the 3rd grade- l seriously doubt it.

YOU HAVE BETTER CHANCES OF TRAVELING TO SPACE THAN WINNING A LOTTERY JACKPOT IN YOUR LIFETIME.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

Bay Area - California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4108 Posts
                        Posted: April 18, 2014, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

YOU HAVE BETTER CHANCES OF TRAVELING TO SPACE THAN WINNING A LOTTERY JACKPOT IN YOUR LIFETIME.

No can do. Do you see yourself traveling to space before winning the lottery? You a  Personal friend of Elon Musk?

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                          adelaide sa
                          Australia
                          Member #37136
                          April 11, 2006
                          3300 Posts
                          Posted: April 18, 2014, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

actually, when im dying in hospital with    cancer, i  will stop buying tickets. 

<div_prefs id="div_prefs">

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Bay Area - California
                            United States
                            Member #136477
                            December 12, 2012
                            4108 Posts
                            Posted: April 18, 2014, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

All you need to win is the winning combination.  For some one ticket is enough and others prefer several tickets and for others no amount of tickets will do so they don't even try.

My  point exactly RJOH.
                            All one needs is the right combination. If that combination comprises of one ticket, its a home run.

Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4108 Posts
                              Posted: April 18, 2014, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

actually, when im dying in hospital with    cancer, i  will stop buying tickets. 

<div_prefs id="div_prefs">

So you will continue to buy lottery tickets till they place you on a Gurney? Will you be hiding your purchased lottery tickets in your pants and checking to see  if you won from the tv in your hospital room? Of course you would demand that you have first dibs on the channel changer. .