Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why You Will Never Quit Playing The Lottery In Your Lifetime.

Topic closed. 47 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Stack47.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
adelaide sa
Australia
Member #37136
April 11, 2006
3316 Posts
Posted: April 18, 2014, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

So you will continue to buy lottery tickets till they place you on a Gurney? Will you be hiding your purchased lottery tickets in your pants and checking to see  if you won from the tv in your hospital room? Of course you would demand that you have first dibs on the channel changer. .

well i imagine the diagnosis will be the time i stop, knowing my luck.. thats the time ill win

<div_prefs id="div_prefs">

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
    NEW YORK
    United States
    Member #90535
    April 29, 2010
    12118 Posts
    Posted: April 18, 2014, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

"Seems like THRIFTY and jon d has lost a substantial amount of money in the lotto." By maxodds

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
      NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      12118 Posts
      Posted: April 18, 2014, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

"Seems like THRIFTY and jon d has lost a substantial amount of money in the lotto." By maxodds

I DO NOT PLAY THE LOTTERY. 

I DID NOT PLAY THE LOTTERY TODAY. 

HOW TO WIN THE LOTTERY BY NOT PLAYING=SAVE YOUR MONEY TO PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY. 

OUR REGULAR LOTTERY PROGRAMMING.

1) Playing the lottery more often for less tickets= Buying 1 lottery ticket.

2) Playing the lottery less often for more tickets= Buying multiple lottery tickets.

3) Playing the lottery less often for less tickets= Buying 1 lottery ticket monthly or yearly.

4) Playing the lottery more often for more tickets= Spending more money= Gambling addiction.

I SET A LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT TO MINIMIZE MY LOSSES.    

A lottery stop loss limit is very important to be a successful lottery player over the long term.

THE RISK AVERSE LOTTERY PLAYER USES A LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT TO MINIMIZE HIS OR HER LOSSES.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: April 18, 2014, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

I will respond to you even though my mind tells me not to.
        You in the wrong business, you ought to be in the psychic business where you would be  in the perfect position to " sell your smarts".. educate people on how to " get it".. you obnoxious moron!!
        If you took the time to read my post it could also be translated" You have to be in it to win it" but you such a demented F, your mind fails to compute. Did you make it past the 3rd grade- l seriously doubt it.

Just like a little good boy, aping the slogans you've been reading through the years. "You have to be in it to win it".

I've got a slogan for you to repeat. "You're never going to win".

Even A 10 year old with half a brain can understand why there's a very good chance (99.9%), that he won't win a major JP in his lifetime. You're supposedly an adult who should have just a smidgen more intelligence than a 10 year old. You and the other deluded individuals on this site should be ashamed of yourselves.

There's even people like you at my job. I should'nt have been surprised, but I was for some reason. During a conversation about the lottery, co-worker "A", mentioned that she spent about 40 bucks a week, and in response I gave her my spiel for the first time about this subject. Another co-worker "B", heard the conversation and he said something to the effect of... "Dude, don't ruin her dream, that's just wrong. Let her feel happy for thinking she may win".

Here's the kicker, when I began to explain the astonomical odds to co-worker "B", he immediately cut me off. He was one step from physically covering his hands over his ears, closing his eyes, and saying, na na na na na na na..just like a 10 year old would do. He didn't want to hear the truth.

You may think this type of behavior is normal and ok because most people don't want to hear the truth, but what you don't understand is that this type of behavior can have negative effects on one's life. If people go around dismissing FACTS they choose to ignore, they slowly lose problem solving abilities. They let their emotions make decisions.

When you pick and choose which facts you want to give weight to, you make yourself look even stupider. Green laugh

When an Anchor man comes on the news and says 50,000 people die form automobile accidents every year, you believe it. Or when they say 1 in 50 Americans will get so and so, etc...You have no problem accepting these STATS. But when it comes to the JP games and their stats, you lose ALL sensibility. Just like Moths to a flame, you get drawn into this hypnotic state. WHY?

I don't wish harm on anyone, but any of those stats you hear on the news have extremely better odds of occuring in one's life, than winning a JP.

What part don't you get?

United States
          Member #128790
          June 2, 2012
          5431 Posts
          Posted: April 18, 2014, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

No can do. Do you see yourself traveling to space before winning the lottery? You a  Personal friend of Elon Musk?

Wow, I wish I'd seen this before writing that long response to you.  It would've saved me a lot of effort.

This post confirms to ME that YOU obviously don't have all your faculties. I was going to call you a certified moron, but I changed my mind. It'll be ok.

Send me a PM and I'll give some links to a special needs company I just found on my other browser. They have a 5 stars  rating given to them by the millions, so I trust them. Don't worry, it's totally free.

It'll be hurricane season soon, maybe a big one will come and sweep me away so i don't have to read any more retarded comments on ANY site. OY! 

Unhappy

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4146 Posts
            Posted: April 18, 2014, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

l am not going to waste my time reading through that crap- suffice to say that l have drawn my own conclusions as to who or what you are.

You visit this forum yet Preach " No one will win in their lifetime"- l think you work for the Anti- Gambling Organization, you a Mole- planted to try and discourage others from " hoping to win". Before you go about disclaiming that- need l remind you that you speak through both sides of your mouth. On the one end you spout about how your " so called techniques" are proven to make you money- you tried passing that off to Lottoboner who came real to calling you a fraud, and rightly so.

Yet when it comes to talking about person's winning the MM & PB jackpots- you go off at the deep end- which is it? You are under the impression that No one wins? l have gone over this with you before.. yeah, no one wins. You seem to think that people are not aware of the odds, who are you kidding. l can just imagine a relative of yours or a close friend who is attempting to defeat Cancer, probably taking all kinds of medication, yet there you are giving them your 2 cents.

l can see you telling them the following...

"Well- the odds are not in your favor Uncle, many have succumbed to this disease, you have NO chance- why hope, it best to die!"

When person's like Gloria or Pedro win, you probably go into a rage- l bet they did not think they would win huh? What is your excuse then.." Well, they won- not you!"

The same is true in this situation as well- you are constantly " informing the forum to FORGET IT".. Really? Are you that negative about everything in life in general? Cant be done? l would hate to ask what you do for a living- l might get coronary thrombosis. You are the most negative person l have EVER encountered in person or in any internet forum, and l mean Ever. l would hate to see who your friends are, who would want to be around you.

As for Elon Musk- perhaps you do not know that he is the CEO  of SpaceX which has the duty of delivering cargo to the International Space Station.. IF you were smart enough you would have connected the dots.

United States
              Member #128790
              June 2, 2012
              5431 Posts
              Posted: April 19, 2014, 12:55 am - IP Logged

l am not going to waste my time reading through that crap- suffice to say that l have drawn my own conclusions as to who or what you are.

You visit this forum yet Preach " No one will win in their lifetime"- l think you work for the Anti- Gambling Organization, you a Mole- planted to try and discourage others from " hoping to win". Before you go about disclaiming that- need l remind you that you speak through both sides of your mouth. On the one end you spout about how your " so called techniques" are proven to make you money- you tried passing that off to Lottoboner who came real to calling you a fraud, and rightly so.

Yet when it comes to talking about person's winning the MM & PB jackpots- you go off at the deep end- which is it? You are under the impression that No one wins? l have gone over this with you before.. yeah, no one wins. You seem to think that people are not aware of the odds, who are you kidding. l can just imagine a relative of yours or a close friend who is attempting to defeat Cancer, probably taking all kinds of medication, yet there you are giving them your 2 cents.

l can see you telling them the following...

"Well- the odds are not in your favor Uncle, many have succumbed to this disease, you have NO chance- why hope, it best to die!"

When person's like Gloria or Pedro win, you probably go into a rage- l bet they did not think they would win huh? What is your excuse then.." Well, they won- not you!"

The same is true in this situation as well- you are constantly " informing the forum to FORGET IT".. Really? Are you that negative about everything in life in general? Cant be done? l would hate to ask what you do for a living- l might get coronary thrombosis. You are the most negative person l have EVER encountered in person or in any internet forum, and l mean Ever. l would hate to see who your friends are, who would want to be around you.

As for Elon Musk- perhaps you do not know that he is the CEO  of SpaceX which has the duty of delivering cargo to the International Space Station.. IF you were smart enough you would have connected the dots.

It's posts like these that make you look like a Moron. Your analogies suck wombat snot.

If I were you, I'd quit. Everytime you post something, you make a fool of yourself.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                adelaide sa
                Australia
                Member #37136
                April 11, 2006
                3316 Posts
                Posted: April 19, 2014, 2:09 am - IP Logged

when they say " you're more likely to die driving to the store to buy a lotto tiket than win " i can say not this little black duck.

<div_prefs id="div_prefs">

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                  Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4146 Posts
                  Posted: April 19, 2014, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

It's posts like these that make you look like a Moron. Your analogies suck wombat snot.

If I were you, I'd quit. Everytime you post something, you make a fool of yourself.

Didn't like that huh? Figures.
                  Why don't you just QUIT bothering me moving forward, l wish it was that simple. Think how I would be less of a headache for you, although I doubt you will take my advice because I am still inside your head.

United States
                    Member #128790
                    June 2, 2012
                    5431 Posts
                    Posted: April 19, 2014, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

Didn't like that huh? Figures.
                    Why don't you just QUIT bothering me moving forward, l wish it was that simple. Think how I would be less of a headache for you, although I doubt you will take my advice because I am still inside your head.

I do move forward, but then I see one of your dumbass comments or threads.

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7344 Posts
                      Posted: April 19, 2014, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

I think what determines how difficult it would be for a person to quit playing the lottery is whether or not they believe they can engineer ways to win more than probability tells them they can.  If they know the lottery is a random process and play for fun, accepting that they're contributing 50% of their purchases to whatever cause their state uses it for, they will have a reasonable chance of quitting, if they choose to.  However, if they believe they can turn a losing proposition into a winning one, by whatever esoteric, illogical methods they might employ, greed will win out in the end, and they will most likely die struggling to win.

"I think what determines how difficult it would be for a person to quit playing the lottery is whether or not they believe they can engineer ways to win more than probability tells them they can."

There is a huge difference between quitting all together and playing less often which Thrifty is probably talking about. Lottery Post is a good barometer of the average jackpot game player and it seems to be under $5 a drawing and several of them expect to win. The last time I looked it only takes one jackpot win for a player and probably their extended family to be set for life and you're talking about "engineer ways to win" as if one MM or PB jackpot win is not enough.

"If they know the lottery is a random process and play for fun, accepting that they're contributing 50% of their purchases to whatever cause their state uses it for, they will have a reasonable chance of quitting, if they choose to."

The overall odds of winning something playing MM is 6.8% and PB is 3.14% and you're saying all players will lose only 50% of their wagers?

United States
                        Member #93947
                        July 10, 2010
                        2180 Posts
                        Posted: April 22, 2014, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

I think what determines how difficult it would be for a person to quit playing the lottery is whether or not they believe they can engineer ways to win more than probability tells them they can.  If they know the lottery is a random process and play for fun, accepting that they're contributing 50% of their purchases to whatever cause their state uses it for, they will have a reasonable chance of quitting, if they choose to.  However, if they believe they can turn a losing proposition into a winning one, by whatever esoteric, illogical methods they might employ, greed will win out in the end, and they will most likely die struggling to win.

In response to my post above, Stack47 said,

"The overall odds of winning something playing MM is 6.8% and PB is 3.14% and you're saying all players will lose only 50% of their wagers?"

No, I did not say that.

--Jimmy4164

United States
                          Member #124493
                          March 14, 2012
                          7023 Posts
                          Posted: April 22, 2014, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

Just like a little good boy, aping the slogans you've been reading through the years. "You have to be in it to win it".

I've got a slogan for you to repeat. "You're never going to win".

Even A 10 year old with half a brain can understand why there's a very good chance (99.9%), that he won't win a major JP in his lifetime. You're supposedly an adult who should have just a smidgen more intelligence than a 10 year old. You and the other deluded individuals on this site should be ashamed of yourselves.

There's even people like you at my job. I should'nt have been surprised, but I was for some reason. During a conversation about the lottery, co-worker "A", mentioned that she spent about 40 bucks a week, and in response I gave her my spiel for the first time about this subject. Another co-worker "B", heard the conversation and he said something to the effect of... "Dude, don't ruin her dream, that's just wrong. Let her feel happy for thinking she may win".

Here's the kicker, when I began to explain the astonomical odds to co-worker "B", he immediately cut me off. He was one step from physically covering his hands over his ears, closing his eyes, and saying, na na na na na na na..just like a 10 year old would do. He didn't want to hear the truth.

You may think this type of behavior is normal and ok because most people don't want to hear the truth, but what you don't understand is that this type of behavior can have negative effects on one's life. If people go around dismissing FACTS they choose to ignore, they slowly lose problem solving abilities. They let their emotions make decisions.

When you pick and choose which facts you want to give weight to, you make yourself look even stupider. Green laugh

When an Anchor man comes on the news and says 50,000 people die form automobile accidents every year, you believe it. Or when they say 1 in 50 Americans will get so and so, etc...You have no problem accepting these STATS. But when it comes to the JP games and their stats, you lose ALL sensibility. Just like Moths to a flame, you get drawn into this hypnotic state. WHY?

I don't wish harm on anyone, but any of those stats you hear on the news have extremely better odds of occuring in one's life, than winning a JP.

What part don't you get?

"You're never going to win".

I think that slogan is owned by you OnlyMonkey.  (Or based on your recent avatar you should be OnlyChimpy.

I will reduce it for you now. You are now OnlyChumpy.)

You sure like to repeat it.  How we are all deluded and stupid for believing that we can win.

You repeat it daily, its even your SIGNATURE, It's as if you dont want God to miss your uttering of your favorite mantra.

And whats with the habit of your long winded pontificating posts?

Cant you see anything meaningful in twenty words or less?

I bet when you were a student and the teacher said write a essay of five thousand words, you probably had an orgasm in your pants.

Maybe thats why you cant get a job?

On every interview, you probably say. "Boy your company mission statement is really stupid and deluded, do you really think you are going to cure cancer?  Boy everyone one working here is really stupid.  So  is the janitor job still open?"

/

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                            Massachusetts
                            United States
                            Member #37433
                            April 14, 2006
                            2747 Posts
                            Posted: April 22, 2014, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

"You're never going to win".

I think that slogan is owned by you OnlyMonkey.  (Or based on your recent avatar you should be OnlyChimpy.

I will reduce it for you now. You are now OnlyChumpy.)

You sure like to repeat it.  How we are all deluded and stupid for believing that we can win.

You repeat it daily, its even your SIGNATURE, It's as if you dont want God to miss your uttering of your favorite mantra.

And whats with the habit of your long winded pontificating posts?

Cant you see anything meaningful in twenty words or less?

I bet when you were a student and the teacher said write a essay of five thousand words, you probably had an orgasm in your pants.

Maybe thats why you cant get a job?

On every interview, you probably say. "Boy your company mission statement is really stupid and deluded, do you really think you are going to cure cancer?  Boy everyone one working here is really stupid.  So  is the janitor job still open?"

/

Green laughdayyum hahahaha you go straight for the jugular hahahaha

That money's gone fo ever

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7344 Posts
                              Posted: April 22, 2014, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

In response to my post above, Stack47 said,

"The overall odds of winning something playing MM is 6.8% and PB is 3.14% and you're saying all players will lose only 50% of their wagers?"

No, I did not say that.

--Jimmy4164

You said:

"accepting that they're contributing 50% of their purchases to whatever cause"

and I'm asking: Who is "contributing 50% of their purchases to whateve cause"?

Of the 258,890,850 possible MM combos, 169,442,196 won't match any number or the bonus number and will collect nothing. About 65.44% of all tickets are contributing 100% "of their purchases to whatever cause". Those holding winning tickets will collect at least 100% of their wager and are contributing nothing to "whatever cause".