Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's the farthest you have drove to play a lotto game?

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 3 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Poo Nanny's avatar - 2649029

United States
Member #125766
March 30, 2012
63 Posts
Posted: April 18, 2014, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

I hate to admit this, but I drove to Ohio today to get some tickets for their classic lotto game. Round trip was about 200 hundred miles. I had a half day today and as a michigan fan, I would love to steal thIs games money out of the state of ohio. I also bought some rolling five tickets because that game also had a good jackpot.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #94283
    July 17, 2010
    2284 Posts
    Posted: April 18, 2014, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

Decades ago when NM didn't have a lottery, I drove about 30 miles to Colorado to play the Powerball.  Just once tho.

Just out of curiosity, how much did you play to make it worth the trip?  I'm assuming more than $10 or $20.  Jester

Poo Nanny's avatar - 2649029

United States
      Member #125766
      March 30, 2012
      63 Posts
      Posted: April 18, 2014, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

I bought 20 tickets for Saturday and I bought one ticket with two sets of numbers for five draws. I also bought five tooling five, one mega and one powerball. I wasn't planing on buying the mega and powerball, but when I got gas I bought them. I got the other tickets at a party store.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
        Member #121745
        January 16, 2012
        4806 Posts
        Posted: April 18, 2014, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

10 minutes...lol. I have stopped at this one neighborhood convenience market a few times...but had no luck so stopped going there. Now I drive 3 minutes to a 7-11 or to a closer neighborhood convenience store.

J'aime La France.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
          Happyland
          United States
          Member #146344
          September 1, 2013
          1129 Posts
          Posted: April 18, 2014, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

I hate to admit this, but I drove to Ohio today to get some tickets for their classic lotto game. Round trip was about 200 hundred miles. I had a half day today and as a michigan fan, I would love to steal thIs games money out of the state of ohio. I also bought some rolling five tickets because that game also had a good jackpot.

About 250 miles round trip. GPS went rogue so didn't play as long/much as planned

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
          If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
          P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
            Los Angeles, California
            United States
            Member #103813
            January 5, 2011
            1530 Posts
            Posted: April 18, 2014, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

Technically, zero.

I have never or would never drive somewhere specifically to play a lottery game.

I have occasionally bought lottery tickets at a gas stations or grocery store, but I was there anyway for gas or groceries, so lottery was a secondary purchase. I choose gas stations by convenience or by best price with an app, not for lottery. Grocery store also, convenience or sales/specials.

And mostly I purchase lottery on foot. Have a few within a minute or two from my home, and also can pick from several within a few minutes during a lunch break downtown. It's everywhere.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19831 Posts
              Posted: April 18, 2014, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

I live in mid Ohio not too far from the intersection of US 30 and US 23.  Before PB and MM came to Ohio I would drive west on US 30 100 mi. to Indiana for PowerBall tickets and north 100 mi. on US 23 to Michigan for BigGame tickets.  That was 10 years ago when I was a young and foolish 62 years old.

Tomorrow is my birthday and happy to say I only have to drive .5 mi. to town to get some tickets for Classic Lotto($66M) and Rolling Cash5($745K) which have better odds than either PB or MM.  Those tickets are going to be my birthday gift to myself.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                Massachusetts
                United States
                Member #37433
                April 14, 2006
                2747 Posts
                Posted: April 18, 2014, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

First of all what a handle ahahaha Thumbs Up
                NH is about 35 miles from me and I remember driving there to buy some PB tickets back when we didn't have it. Their advanced play is 20 draws deep and I went in all the way. Sadly the trip was a waste

That money's gone fo ever

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                  Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4111 Posts
                  Posted: April 18, 2014, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

Driving specifically to purchase lottery tickets?- have not, will not.
                  I recall a neighbour of mine driving from the Bay Area up to the Oregon border a few times to buy PB tickets , this was before 2013,  l thought it dumb then and still do. My commute allows me to sample a few convenient stores along the way-but l do not make any special trips.
                  Driving 200 miles for a lottery ticket is... what's the word?- yeah that one!

Lynn-Lynn's avatar - yocco
                    Kansas city Mo
                    United States
                    Member #133405
                    September 29, 2012
                    49 Posts
                    Posted: April 18, 2014, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

I live in Missouri. But I by my tickets in Kansas about 5 miles away. Kansas you can remain anonymous.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                      Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4111 Posts
                      Posted: April 18, 2014, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

I live in Missouri. But I by my tickets in Kansas about 5 miles away. Kansas you can remain anonymous.

Great- l would drive 5 miles for anonymity, make it 20 , well maybe further.

United States
                        Member #149820
                        December 9, 2013
                        644 Posts
                        Posted: April 18, 2014, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

LOL When I used to drive a company vehicle, I bought them wherever I traveled, but now with gas I saw today at one staion was $3.69....Heck No!!!

United States
                          Member #124814
                          March 20, 2012
                          219 Posts
                          Posted: April 18, 2014, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

I wish I could get some of those Ohio Classic tickets. Ohio too far, I live in CA.

Litebets27's avatar - power
                            Maryland
                            United States
                            Member #10465
                            January 14, 2005
                            6065 Posts
                            Posted: April 18, 2014, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

I live in mid Ohio not too far from the intersection of US 30 and US 23.  Before PB and MM came to Ohio I would drive west on US 30 100 mi. to Indiana for PowerBall tickets and north 100 mi. on US 23 to Michigan for BigGame tickets.  That was 10 years ago when I was a young and foolish 62 years old.

Tomorrow is my birthday and happy to say I only have to drive .5 mi. to town to get some tickets for Classic Lotto($66M) and Rolling Cash5($745K) which have better odds than either PB or MM.  Those tickets are going to be my birthday gift to myself.

First...Happy Birthday Rjoh!!!   Party

My husband and I drive to Delaware, Pennsylvania and DC to play from time to time.

That would be in round trip miles, 115 miles, 76 mile and 103 miles respectively. (man, something is wrong with us.)

Good question Poo Nanny, and what an eye opener....Thud

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

Litebets27's avatar - power
                              Maryland
                              United States
                              Member #10465
                              January 14, 2005
                              6065 Posts
                              Posted: April 18, 2014, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

And what a waste of GAS!

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!