Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's the farthest you have drove to play a lotto game?

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 3 years ago by psykomo.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
Los Angeles, California
United States
Member #103813
January 5, 2011
1530 Posts
Posted: April 19, 2014, 10:04 am - IP Logged

I live in mid Ohio not too far from the intersection of US 30 and US 23.  Before PB and MM came to Ohio I would drive west on US 30 100 mi. to Indiana for PowerBall tickets and north 100 mi. on US 23 to Michigan for BigGame tickets.  That was 10 years ago when I was a young and foolish 62 years old.

Tomorrow is my birthday and happy to say I only have to drive .5 mi. to town to get some tickets for Classic Lotto($66M) and Rolling Cash5($745K) which have better odds than either PB or MM.  Those tickets are going to be my birthday gift to myself.

Happy B-Day RJ, and good luck tonite! Party

Side note: I noticed that The Lotter has some other state lottos available to play, but not Ohio. Maybe you can sign up to be a butler for OCL and make some extra cash! Banana Or Poo Nanny can take up a collection from other players for the next road trip and charge a courier fee. Thumbs Up

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7295 Posts
    Posted: April 19, 2014, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

I live in mid Ohio not too far from the intersection of US 30 and US 23.  Before PB and MM came to Ohio I would drive west on US 30 100 mi. to Indiana for PowerBall tickets and north 100 mi. on US 23 to Michigan for BigGame tickets.  That was 10 years ago when I was a young and foolish 62 years old.

Tomorrow is my birthday and happy to say I only have to drive .5 mi. to town to get some tickets for Classic Lotto($66M) and Rolling Cash5($745K) which have better odds than either PB or MM.  Those tickets are going to be my birthday gift to myself.

I drove South, got on US 30 in Lisbon, and crossed into WVA at East Liverpool. Staying on 30, Pennsylvania was only 5 miles east so it was easy to get PB and BigGame tickets. Interesting that you can play two games where the payoffs are more than the odds against winning.

Happy Birthday, RJ!!!!

Poo Nanny's avatar - 2649029

United States
      Member #125766
      March 30, 2012
      63 Posts
      Posted: April 20, 2014, 11:00 am - IP Logged

I won exactly zero dollars on Saturday. I still have a couple draws left on the classic

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
        Massachusetts
        United States
        Member #37433
        April 14, 2006
        2747 Posts
        Posted: April 21, 2014, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

I won exactly zero dollars on Saturday. I still have a couple draws left on the classic

Thumbs Up Good luck! When I buy tickets in a state that I'm just passing through I try to stretch the advanced play as far out as possible.

That money's gone fo ever

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
          Los Angeles, California
          United States
          Member #149492
          December 2, 2013
          919 Posts
          Posted: April 21, 2014, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

Since the closest point to the nearest lottery state for me is Arizona which is a 5-6 hour drive each way, I'm more than content with our own games plus Powerball and Mega Millions.  So, I guess the answer is 1 mile to my two favorite liqour stores in town...

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
            upstate NY
            United States
            Member #108791
            March 31, 2011
            549 Posts
            Posted: April 22, 2014, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

I've only ever driven out of state specificially to play a lotto game once.  It was before New York joined Powerball, and I drove out to Bennington, Vermont (about a 35-mile drive one way) to buy some tickets for what was then the highest Powerball jackpot ever.  I don't remember if the tickets I got were for the final drawing of that run, but it was the one that Jack Whittaker eventually won for $314.9 million.

Since then, I've played games in Vermont or Massachusetts if I've happened to be driving through those states, but I've never made a trip specifically to play.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
              Oklahoma
              United States
              Member #82391
              November 12, 2009
              6290 Posts
              Posted: April 26, 2014, 8:28 am - IP Logged

Texas a few years back when there state game was like $90 million we just stayed there for the weekend took the boys to great Wolfe.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

cbr$'s avatar - maren
                Cordova,Al.
                United States
                Member #104482
                January 15, 2011
                4867 Posts
                Posted: April 26, 2014, 9:13 am - IP Logged

Happy B-Day RJ, and good luck tonite! Party

Side note: I noticed that The Lotter has some other state lottos available to play, but not Ohio. Maybe you can sign up to be a butler for OCL and make some extra cash! Banana Or Poo Nanny can take up a collection from other players for the next road trip and charge a courier fee. Thumbs Up

Happy Birthday RJ. Have a great one.  It's a five hour road trip for me to get lotto tickets in either way. That is way I purchase them for many drawings as I can at a time. LOL

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
                  JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                  Member #141034
                  April 2, 2013
                  1408 Posts
                  Posted: April 27, 2014, 1:03 am - IP Logged

90 miles round trip. Happy Birthday RJOh.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19817 Posts
                    Posted: April 28, 2014, 8:24 am - IP Logged

90 miles round trip. Happy Birthday RJOh.

Thank you.  My birthday came and went and Classic Lotto kept rolling so in spite of that I'll still be chasing that jackpot until someone wins it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5114 Posts
                      Posted: April 28, 2014, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

First...Happy Birthday Rjoh!!!   Party

My husband and I drive to Delaware, Pennsylvania and DC to play from time to time.

That would be in round trip miles, 115 miles, 76 mile and 103 miles respectively. (man, something is wrong with us.)

Good question Poo Nanny, and what an eye opener....Thud

Second...2nd D motion>>Happy Birthdy Rjoh!!!Party

maby RJOh....can remember D days when Psyko drove a corvette & ran around

from place 2 place....buy'n jackpot QP tickets @ all my favotite places programed

on D GPS>>>>>>> buy'n jackpot Quick-TRIX tickets and chasing RAINBOW'$$$$

But,

Psyko never told about the times I drove many miles outta town 2 buy a MM or

PB ticket N that dam "fast" Corvette>>>>>>>>>>>!!!

sorry but, it (they) R fast cars & U need 2B experenced^

2 drive A fast car RU will leave LOTTA critter's ND middle

of the ROAD>>>>like DEAD skunks>cats<dogs>frogs

>rabbits>and>raccoons>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!

Sun Smiley       DON't LET DIM NUMBERS skunk>>UR>>NUMBERS>>NUMBERS>>N>>2014     Sun Smiley