Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Important changes to Lottery Post are coming

Topic closed. 63 replies. Last post 3 years ago by ThaReal333.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

Canada
Member #153245
March 10, 2014
39 Posts
Posted: May 6, 2014, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

Hey thanks!

I just don't get tablets and smart phones, i have both but will use my laptop for 99% of the stuff i do.

The smart phone i use mainly to text, the tablet i'll play some free games, but it's the laptop is where i get stuff done, the phone and tablet are ever so cumbersome and slow due to them being cumbersome for doing anything.

To me they are far more frustrating than useful when you want to do just about anything, with a laptop the keyboard is built in, the screen is held in position you want, you don't have to hold the fricking thing which gets really tiresome, you can use a mouse, it really doesn't get any better. I just don't know why people would put themselves through the frustration of a tablet? or even worse a phone.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23259 Posts
    Posted: May 6, 2014, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

Hey thanks!

I just don't get tablets and smart phones, i have both but will use my laptop for 99% of the stuff i do.

The smart phone i use mainly to text, the tablet i'll play some free games, but it's the laptop is where i get stuff done, the phone and tablet are ever so cumbersome and slow due to them being cumbersome for doing anything.

To me they are far more frustrating than useful when you want to do just about anything, with a laptop the keyboard is built in, the screen is held in position you want, you don't have to hold the fricking thing which gets really tiresome, you can use a mouse, it really doesn't get any better. I just don't know why people would put themselves through the frustration of a tablet? or even worse a phone.

Well, everyone is different.  I agree with you about using a phone, but not the tablet.  I love using a tablet, and have several that I use for various things.  Of course it's best to use a real computer for serious work, but I've always been a "tablet guy" for anything that doesn't involve typing -- even before the iPad came out.

Either way you can't argue with facts -- that smartphones make up a tremendous amount of the traffic here at LP every day.  So the site needs to work with them.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
      Member #52345
      May 21, 2007
      2657 Posts
      Posted: May 6, 2014, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

Well, everyone is different.  I agree with you about using a phone, but not the tablet.  I love using a tablet, and have several that I use for various things.  Of course it's best to use a real computer for serious work, but I've always been a "tablet guy" for anything that doesn't involve typing -- even before the iPad came out.

Either way you can't argue with facts -- that smartphones make up a tremendous amount of the traffic here at LP every day.  So the site needs to work with them.

Skeptical  sez who !?!?!?

ThaReal333's avatar - devil angel-money-e1327258650523.jpg
        Memphis, TN
        United States
        Member #154114
        April 4, 2014
        174 Posts
        Posted: May 6, 2014, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Greaaat upgrade I love the calendar featureCheers