Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 6:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Weird Lottery experience...

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 3 years ago by kapla.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
1977's avatar - flower2
st. pete
United States
Member #6680
September 3, 2004
1227 Posts
Posted: May 24, 2014, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

Definitely do not plant one on her LOL. You'll be worth millions, she might sue you for some kind of assault. I on the other hand would have taken my payslip back and the receipt stapled them together and contacted my state lottery association and reported the store for misconduct. If they dont know the rules they shouldnt be selling tickets and ripping off customers. They need to be reported asap

It said no cancelation of  PB  tickects...she either push the wrong button or someone else played it before you...neither the less i would report the store....JUST her  threats to call the cops for a mistake that was proably her...... is REASON  to call  your local lottery office----REALLY!!!! the nerve

bahamapapa's avatar - wallace
    Treasure Cay
    Bahamas
    Member #93535
    July 2, 2010
    1048 Posts
    Posted: May 24, 2014, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

I'da probably taken it cuz I always take mistake tickets.

But if she got nasty right off the bat, I'da told her to jam it.

.......won alot of money on mistake tickets,its never a mistake too me.TRUTHFULLY whenever im having a bad day the numbers work out jus right.I say use it too your advantage,it would so easy to get upset.As well as so easy to pay the ticket.win alot!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: May 24, 2014, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

.......won alot of money on mistake tickets,its never a mistake too me.TRUTHFULLY whenever im having a bad day the numbers work out jus right.I say use it too your advantage,it would so easy to get upset.As well as so easy to pay the ticket.win alot!

That's what I'm talkin' about, papa.  Cheers

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7341 Posts
        Posted: May 24, 2014, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

Whoa, $120.00, that's a little excessive.

l do consider myself quick thinking on my feet and surmised- " what if l do have the winning # for the next few drawings".. besides, this store is a little off the beaten track. It could give the appearance of someone taking advantage of Asian store keeper's, after all l did fill in the ticket on property.So l have 4 advance plays- whether that's a good thing or not is left to be seen.

I went to another store, used the same play slip, and the machine printed out the five lines for one drawing and cost $5. I was told by other clerks that if they don't clear the machine before running a play slip, weird things happen like for advanced drawings and lines not on the play slips.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4144 Posts
          Posted: May 24, 2014, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

Absolutely my thinking.it's kinda like trying to lose weight- the old saying " You win by losing".

Her mistake could send me to a giddy limit- so its all good!

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
            Texas Panhandle
            United States
            Member #136843
            December 20, 2012
            1358 Posts
            Posted: May 24, 2014, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

The bit of latex on the ticket was my first thought when I read this just after you posted.

I'm w/ Ridge;  I would have bought it, but if she had started being nasty right off the bat, then I would have waited on the cops.  I do know one thing, I'd never go back to that store.

Lotteries really need a "Void" feature just for this sort of thing.   A convenience store near my house has a procedure for an over-ring;  they void the transaction, then ask the customer to sign the cash register void receipt. (I sign mine "U.R. Screwed" but that's just me)  I don't see where having a void feature would be that much more alteration to the software or machines.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
              TX
              United States
              Member #121193
              January 4, 2012
              1637 Posts
              Posted: May 25, 2014, 8:34 am - IP Logged

Hadn't won on a "mistake ticket" ever. I have always bought them "just in case". About 2 weeks ago, I went to my favorite store, was BSing with the clerk(like us men usually do) and he printed out the wrong ticket that I had requested. I told him and he said it was ok cause he was going to buy one and he took that one. I saw him a few days later and he showed me the ticket and asked me if I remember telling him that I didn't want it. I replied "yeah"... He  won $50.00 for that draw with the MM on 5/13........Lessen learned !!!  Bash

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #129225
                June 13, 2012
                546 Posts
                Posted: May 25, 2014, 9:51 am - IP Logged

Same thing happened to me about a year a go but it was for $64 I picked up a playslip at the counter and filled it in for 4 lines and they asked for $64 when we looked at the slip there was a black mark on it for 8 draws.  We went through the playslips and the first 20 or so were marked that way.  I now always check my blank slips to make sure they are clean.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                  Los Angeles, California
                  United States
                  Member #103813
                  January 5, 2011
                  1530 Posts
                  Posted: May 25, 2014, 10:47 am - IP Logged

So here l was coming home from visiting a friend last night, l drop in on this convenient store and fill out a PB payslip for 2 lines and hand it to the Vietnamese woman behind the counter. She slides it through the machine and says " $16.00"- and l am like " No, its $4.00 straight". She shows me the ticket and says " You pay $16.00- California say All Sales FINAL" l look at this woman and tell her that l distinctly marked 2 rows, what's the problem?

This woman starts raising her voice and tells me " You pay $16.00- you mark Advance Play, that why you now pay the money", l took the slip and looked over the " advance play section and there is zero marks in that section, so l tell her" l respectfully disagreed with her telling me that l must pay $16.00!" Next she says " You not pay, l call law enforcement, you mark ticket, you pay- l no want PB ticket"

l decided  to cough up the $16.00 and walked away from the joint.

Beware of those  " Advance Play" sections people, l learned the hard way!!

Looking back, l have to chuckle.

Have a Great Memorial day and rest of the week People..

l drop in on this convenient store

Side note: I notice here and repeatedly in past postings you referring to these stores as "convenient" store, but the proper term is "convenience" store. I would expect that from an ESL person, but not from NG? Confused

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                    Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4144 Posts
                    Posted: May 25, 2014, 11:54 am - IP Logged

l drop in on this convenient store

Side note: I notice here and repeatedly in past postings you referring to these stores as "convenient" store, but the proper term is "convenience" store. I would expect that from an ESL person, but not from NG? Confused

.....But a convenience store IS convenient! 

As always your observation is nothing short of brilliant my Southern confrere.

Truth be told, l was born in Germany to American parents and did not come over till l was 6- old German English coming through.They were called convenient stores then. Now you know, hey maybe l did end up doing the ESL after all.Big Smile

Were you a myrmidon in your youth JD?

..Just asking...

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86154
                      January 30, 2010
                      1654 Posts
                      Posted: May 25, 2014, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

I tend to like the idea of buying a mistaken ticket although, in this case, you didn't mark that spot. Could definitely be to your advantage. However, with the clerk getting all loud, pushy, and threatening to call the po-po, I would've simply signed and dated my ticket, grabbed my phone and  took a picture of it front and back clearly showing it not marked in that section. It's all hind sight now and  this is what happens when we get side tracked in the heat of the moment.

She simply didn't want to eat $12 for pressing the wrong button is my thought. Good luck any how!!! Cheers

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

grwurston's avatar - 144
                        Let's Go Rangers!!!
                        bel air maryland
                        United States
                        Member #90251
                        April 24, 2010
                        5093 Posts
                        Posted: May 25, 2014, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

Same thing happened to me about a year a go but it was for $64 I picked up a playslip at the counter and filled it in for 4 lines and they asked for $64 when we looked at the slip there was a black mark on it for 8 draws.  We went through the playslips and the first 20 or so were marked that way.  I now always check my blank slips to make sure they are clean.

Kind of makes you wonder who marked them. That's why I always grab a stack of slips from time to time and fill them out at home.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                          Los Angeles, California
                          United States
                          Member #103813
                          January 5, 2011
                          1530 Posts
                          Posted: May 25, 2014, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

.....But a convenience store IS convenient! 

As always your observation is nothing short of brilliant my Southern confrere.

Truth be told, l was born in Germany to American parents and did not come over till l was 6- old German English coming through.They were called convenient stores then. Now you know, hey maybe l did end up doing the ESL after all.Big Smile

Were you a myrmidon in your youth JD?

..Just asking...

Aha! That explains it then, I knew something wasn't quite right. Wink

That was just one small issue that I noticed that drew my attention. It's just like that scene in the movie Inglourious Basterds, where the spy in the bar raises three fingers the American way instead of the German way, giving away his identity as a foreigner.

I too spent a few years in Germany in my youth, but it did not have any effect on my engrish.

Marilyn222's avatar - thumb 350-286546.jpg
                            Denver
                            United States
                            Member #117684
                            October 12, 2011
                            552 Posts
                            Posted: May 25, 2014, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

So here l was coming home from visiting a friend last night, l drop in on this convenient store and fill out a PB payslip for 2 lines and hand it to the Vietnamese woman behind the counter. She slides it through the machine and says " $16.00"- and l am like " No, its $4.00 straight". She shows me the ticket and says " You pay $16.00- California say All Sales FINAL" l look at this woman and tell her that l distinctly marked 2 rows, what's the problem?

This woman starts raising her voice and tells me " You pay $16.00- you mark Advance Play, that why you now pay the money", l took the slip and looked over the " advance play section and there is zero marks in that section, so l tell her" l respectfully disagreed with her telling me that l must pay $16.00!" Next she says " You not pay, l call law enforcement, you mark ticket, you pay- l no want PB ticket"

l decided  to cough up the $16.00 and walked away from the joint.

Beware of those  " Advance Play" sections people, l learned the hard way!!

Looking back, l have to chuckle.

Have a Great Memorial day and rest of the week People..

Lol...Green laughSorry, it's not funny I know, but the story is.

White Bounce

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                              Connecticut
                              United States
                              Member #61623
                              May 29, 2008
                              20581 Posts
                              Posted: May 25, 2014, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like the 'succubus' episode who wants 2 fiddy from chef's father in South park  lol

anyway,I thought all states were in the same technology zone.Here in connecticut,if they make a mistake on your ticket,they rei-nsert in the terminal to void it.

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."