Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Weird Lottery experience...

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 3 years ago by kapla.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
Kentucky
United States
Member #35086
March 12, 2006
10374 Posts
Posted: May 25, 2014, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

Here  in  Ky.  you  can  cancel  a  mistake   pick  3   or   pick  4  ticket  within   20  minutes  or  half  an  hour 

( I think it is )

Hold the bar  code underneath the little light towards bottom of machine and hit the cancel button

Can't  cancel  a  PB   or   MM    ticket    here   though   , but  I  buy  mistake  tickets  all  the  time  around  here

If  they called the police every time people around here , walked away from and would not buy a mistake ticket ,  the police would never get anything else done   Smile

I  usually win  a  little  , more times on mistake tickets  than I lose ( but haven't hit the big one yet on any of them )

But as I have mentioned  a few times before on here , I have  a  friend ( met her years after it happened ) that won 17 million many years ago on a mistake ticket ( that laid around the store all  day )

And that right there is why I never leave a mistake ticket behind , and   always  buy  them every chance I get

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4106 Posts
    Posted: May 26, 2014, 12:50 am - IP Logged

I tend to like the idea of buying a mistaken ticket although, in this case, you didn't mark that spot. Could definitely be to your advantage. However, with the clerk getting all loud, pushy, and threatening to call the po-po, I would've simply signed and dated my ticket, grabbed my phone and  took a picture of it front and back clearly showing it not marked in that section. It's all hind sight now and  this is what happens when we get side tracked in the heat of the moment.

She simply didn't want to eat $12 for pressing the wrong button is my thought. Good luck any how!!! Cheers

L.L.

l think you got that right LL- she did not want to eat that $12.00, however should l have won, you bet she would have been in front of the camera's going off about how smart she was in telling me to pay the $16.00.. Poke

You know the Old line " Did l tell you or did l tell you?" 

... and me being forced to say under my breath " Aha, yeah- right, whatever you say" Approve

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
      Texas
      United States
      Member #86154
      January 30, 2010
      1648 Posts
      Posted: May 26, 2014, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

l think you got that right LL- she did not want to eat that $12.00, however should l have won, you bet she would have been in front of the camera's going off about how smart she was in telling me to pay the $16.00.. Poke

You know the Old line " Did l tell you or did l tell you?" 

... and me being forced to say under my breath " Aha, yeah- right, whatever you say" Approve

Yeah, she would've taken credit for a pure accident in which you obliged her...and would've also wanted her cut for the store or what have you. Then, that would be YOUR time to shine and show where you actually didn't mark that area and simply did the right thing...ultimately fronting the cost of her fat finger. Either way, good job on handling it. This deal could've  also went the other way to where you refused the ticket(s), walked out, and the next person buys 'em and wins. Never know...LOL

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4106 Posts
        Posted: May 26, 2014, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

Aha! That explains it then, I knew something wasn't quite right. Wink

That was just one small issue that I noticed that drew my attention. It's just like that scene in the movie Inglourious Basterds, where the spy in the bar raises three fingers the American way instead of the German way, giving away his identity as a foreigner.

I too spent a few years in Germany in my youth, but it did not have any effect on my engrish.

" Inglorious Basterds"- you mean the Cajones shootout scene? Typical Tarantino style, someone always has to die. 

United States
          Member #94616
          July 24, 2010
          4735 Posts
          Posted: May 29, 2014, 7:44 am - IP Logged

Yes, I have had the same issue but the clerk was not a JERK about it..... 

Anyways - lets hope you WIN on the advance plays and get the last laugh !!!! Thumbs Up