Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you get mad when others win the lottery?

Topic closed. 69 replies. Last post 2 years ago by NJJim.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
USA
United States
Member #152799
February 25, 2014
1090 Posts
Posted: June 18, 2014, 11:53 am - IP Logged

No, why get mad, it's only a game. I'm happy for them...

I Agree! Exactly! anybody with a ticket has an opportunity to win it just so happens that the winner got lucky. Nothing to cry about.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
    adelaide sa
    Australia
    Member #37136
    April 11, 2006
    3300 Posts
    Posted: June 18, 2014, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

`i only get mad when the winning numbers are all 1 off of one of my tickets, its the universe poking its tongue out at me and saying " pblbpblbpbllll "

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
      Texas Panhandle
      United States
      Member #136843
      December 20, 2012
      1270 Posts
      Posted: June 18, 2014, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

Point taken Lone Star- but what's the point in it rolling over when it turns out that you not the eventual winner, still disappointed?

That makes no sense.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
       - George Orwell

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
        Member #9517
        December 10, 2004
        1272 Posts
        Posted: June 18, 2014, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

No, I think "not this time, but next time? Maybe!"

Roanoke, VA
          United States
          Member #133540
          October 2, 2012
          8276 Posts
          Posted: June 18, 2014, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

I can't get mad, for the fact that I don't play the jackpot games.

However.. when an 87 year old lady from PA wins $1,000 a week for life... REALLY? YOU HAVE ASTRONOMICAL ODDS OF DYING WITHIN A MONTH

Krypton
            United States
            Member #140102
            March 11, 2013
            891 Posts
            Posted: June 18, 2014, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

I am glad when ppl win .....so should others IMHO.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4106 Posts
              Posted: June 19, 2014, 2:06 am - IP Logged

That makes no sense.

Did you honestly read what you originally posted? I guess not- oh well!

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                Texas Panhandle
                United States
                Member #136843
                December 20, 2012
                1270 Posts
                Posted: June 19, 2014, 4:02 am - IP Logged

Did you honestly read what you originally posted? I guess not- oh well!

Of course I read what I posted.   Apparently you have a problem with reading comprehension.  Let me help you: 

I don't get angry, but I do admit to being a little disappointed the JP didn't roll over.   That means I'm slightly disappointed I didn't win and that if it rolled over,  then I have a chance at the next, larger JP.   I don't see how anyone could read anything else into that.  Saylorgirl understood what I wrote, why couuldn't you?   Honestly, do you get a thrill out of constantly being an insufferable,  contentious a-hole? 

What you wrote made no sense at all.  ... - but what's the point in it rolling over when it turns out that you not the eventual winner, still disappointed?  The "point" - other than the one on top of your head - is that most people who play the lottery and don't win on the last drawing, want it to roll over.   I don't know it will always turn out I'm not the eventual winner...if I knew that I didn't have a chance, then what's the point in playing?  I'm always (a little) disappointed when I don't win - but that's part of gambling, even with something with such long odds as the lottery.  I know the odds, that's why my reactions are so different than the OP's. (and yours too, it seems)

I guess you're just trying to pick a fight.  What a sad, sad person you are.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
                 - George Orwell

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #92330
                  June 5, 2010
                  887 Posts
                  Posted: June 19, 2014, 6:15 am - IP Logged

I'm typically happy for the winners and "upset" at the rollover amount. I can't imagine being mad at complete strangers simply because their stars aligned before mine.

NEW YORK
                    United States
                    Member #90535
                    April 29, 2010
                    11978 Posts
                    Posted: June 19, 2014, 9:38 am - IP Logged

I usually feel sick to my stomach and pissed off when I hear about winners of major jackpots Bash

I wish that everybody in the world become filthy rich.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                      Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4106 Posts
                      Posted: June 19, 2014, 9:49 am - IP Logged

Of course I read what I posted.   Apparently you have a problem with reading comprehension.  Let me help you: 

I don't get angry, but I do admit to being a little disappointed the JP didn't roll over.   That means I'm slightly disappointed I didn't win and that if it rolled over,  then I have a chance at the next, larger JP.   I don't see how anyone could read anything else into that.  Saylorgirl understood what I wrote, why couuldn't you?   Honestly, do you get a thrill out of constantly being an insufferable,  contentious a-hole? 

What you wrote made no sense at all.  ... - but what's the point in it rolling over when it turns out that you not the eventual winner, still disappointed?  The "point" - other than the one on top of your head - is that most people who play the lottery and don't win on the last drawing, want it to roll over.   I don't know it will always turn out I'm not the eventual winner...if I knew that I didn't have a chance, then what's the point in playing?  I'm always (a little) disappointed when I don't win - but that's part of gambling, even with something with such long odds as the lottery.  I know the odds, that's why my reactions are so different than the OP's. (and yours too, it seems)

I guess you're just trying to pick a fight.  What a sad, sad person you are.

Picking fights?- this is a discussion forum not MMA. 

Go in Peace.

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
                        Member #81314
                        October 16, 2009
                        18985 Posts
                        Posted: June 19, 2014, 9:50 am - IP Logged

No.

Good Luck.

The Struggle is real!

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
                          Member #81314
                          October 16, 2009
                          18985 Posts
                          Posted: June 19, 2014, 9:51 am - IP Logged

However.. when an 87 year old lady from PA wins $1,000 a week for life... REALLY? YOU HAVE ASTRONOMICAL ODDS OF DYING WITHIN A MONTH

Thinking of...

The Struggle is real!

SammyJoe10's avatar - disney37
                            Middle of Nowhere NC
                            United States
                            Member #151289
                            January 12, 2014
                            428 Posts
                            Posted: June 19, 2014, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

No kidding, right? I'm usually happy for the winners. But I get annoyed when someone like 84 year old Gloria win $300 MILLION AFTER taxes. The only person who makes out in cases like that are their kids who get a very nice inheritance and Uncle Sam when collecting a death tax! Cussing Face  LOL 

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                              USA
                              United States
                              Member #152799
                              February 25, 2014
                              1090 Posts
                              Posted: June 19, 2014, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

No kidding, right? I'm usually happy for the winners. But I get annoyed when someone like 84 year old Gloria win $300 MILLION AFTER taxes. The only person who makes out in cases like that are their kids who get a very nice inheritance and Uncle Sam when collecting a death tax! Cussing Face  LOL 

Unless Gloria has set up a trust and well thought out estate plan, it will be Uncle Sam who will prosper when she passes. 

Gloria actually collected $278 million but owed another $54 million when she filed her taxes earlier this year so her true after tax amount was roughly $224 million.