Welcome Guest
You last visited February 25, 2018, 10:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you get mad when others win the lottery?

Topic closed. 69 replies. Last post 4 years ago by NJJim.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
USA
United States
Member #152799
February 25, 2014
1095 Posts
Posted: June 18, 2014, 11:53 am - IP Logged

No, why get mad, it's only a game. I'm happy for them...

I Agree! Exactly! anybody with a ticket has an opportunity to win it just so happens that the winner got lucky. Nothing to cry about.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
    adelaide sa
    Australia
    Member #37136
    April 11, 2006
    3329 Posts
    Posted: June 18, 2014, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

`i only get mad when the winning numbers are all 1 off of one of my tickets, its the universe poking its tongue out at me and saying " pblbpblbpbllll "

" Still swinging, still missing "
    2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596: JAN= -

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318: JAN= -39

mikeintexas's avatar - h87TsB4
      Texas Panhandle
      United States
      Member #136843
      December 20, 2012
      1460 Posts
      Posted: June 18, 2014, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

Point taken Lone Star- but what's the point in it rolling over when it turns out that you not the eventual winner, still disappointed?

That makes no sense.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
       - Winston Churchill

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
        Member #9517
        December 10, 2004
        1402 Posts
        Posted: June 18, 2014, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

No, I think "not this time, but next time? Maybe!"

Nodda4me's avatar - LhDlsh8
          Roanoke, VA
          United States
          Member #133540
          October 2, 2012
          8604 Posts
          Posted: June 18, 2014, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

I can't get mad, for the fact that I don't play the jackpot games.

However.. when an 87 year old lady from PA wins $1,000 a week for life... REALLY? YOU HAVE ASTRONOMICAL ODDS OF DYING WITHIN A MONTH

Krypton
            United States
            Member #140102
            March 11, 2013
            908 Posts
            Posted: June 18, 2014, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

I am glad when ppl win .....so should others IMHO.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Chasing the Dream.
              Utopia- California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4832 Posts
              Posted: June 19, 2014, 2:06 am - IP Logged

That makes no sense.

Did you honestly read what you originally posted? I guess not- oh well!

mikeintexas's avatar - h87TsB4
                Texas Panhandle
                United States
                Member #136843
                December 20, 2012
                1460 Posts
                Posted: June 19, 2014, 4:02 am - IP Logged

Did you honestly read what you originally posted? I guess not- oh well!

Of course I read what I posted.   Apparently you have a problem with reading comprehension.  Let me help you: 

I don't get angry, but I do admit to being a little disappointed the JP didn't roll over.   That means I'm slightly disappointed I didn't win and that if it rolled over,  then I have a chance at the next, larger JP.   I don't see how anyone could read anything else into that.  Saylorgirl understood what I wrote, why couuldn't you?   Honestly, do you get a thrill out of constantly being an insufferable,  contentious a-hole? 

What you wrote made no sense at all.  ... - but what's the point in it rolling over when it turns out that you not the eventual winner, still disappointed?  The "point" - other than the one on top of your head - is that most people who play the lottery and don't win on the last drawing, want it to roll over.   I don't know it will always turn out I'm not the eventual winner...if I knew that I didn't have a chance, then what's the point in playing?  I'm always (a little) disappointed when I don't win - but that's part of gambling, even with something with such long odds as the lottery.  I know the odds, that's why my reactions are so different than the OP's. (and yours too, it seems)

I guess you're just trying to pick a fight.  What a sad, sad person you are.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
                 - Winston Churchill

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #92330
                  June 5, 2010
                  887 Posts
                  Posted: June 19, 2014, 6:15 am - IP Logged

I'm typically happy for the winners and "upset" at the rollover amount. I can't imagine being mad at complete strangers simply because their stars aligned before mine.

NEW YORK
                    United States
                    Member #90535
                    April 29, 2010
                    12245 Posts
                    Posted: June 19, 2014, 9:38 am - IP Logged

I usually feel sick to my stomach and pissed off when I hear about winners of major jackpots Bash

I wish that everybody in the world become filthy rich.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                      Chasing the Dream.
                      Utopia- California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4832 Posts
                      Posted: June 19, 2014, 9:49 am - IP Logged

Of course I read what I posted.   Apparently you have a problem with reading comprehension.  Let me help you: 

I don't get angry, but I do admit to being a little disappointed the JP didn't roll over.   That means I'm slightly disappointed I didn't win and that if it rolled over,  then I have a chance at the next, larger JP.   I don't see how anyone could read anything else into that.  Saylorgirl understood what I wrote, why couuldn't you?   Honestly, do you get a thrill out of constantly being an insufferable,  contentious a-hole? 

What you wrote made no sense at all.  ... - but what's the point in it rolling over when it turns out that you not the eventual winner, still disappointed?  The "point" - other than the one on top of your head - is that most people who play the lottery and don't win on the last drawing, want it to roll over.   I don't know it will always turn out I'm not the eventual winner...if I knew that I didn't have a chance, then what's the point in playing?  I'm always (a little) disappointed when I don't win - but that's part of gambling, even with something with such long odds as the lottery.  I know the odds, that's why my reactions are so different than the OP's. (and yours too, it seems)

I guess you're just trying to pick a fight.  What a sad, sad person you are.

Picking fights?- this is a discussion forum not MMA. 

Go in Peace.

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-067.jpg
                        Repeats rule pick 3
                        United States
                        Member #81314
                        October 16, 2009
                        23490 Posts
                        Posted: June 19, 2014, 9:50 am - IP Logged

No.

Good Luck.

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-067.jpg
                          Repeats rule pick 3
                          United States
                          Member #81314
                          October 16, 2009
                          23490 Posts
                          Posted: June 19, 2014, 9:51 am - IP Logged

However.. when an 87 year old lady from PA wins $1,000 a week for life... REALLY? YOU HAVE ASTRONOMICAL ODDS OF DYING WITHIN A MONTH

Thinking of...

SammyJoe10's avatar - disney37
                            Middle of Nowhere NC
                            United States
                            Member #151289
                            January 12, 2014
                            428 Posts
                            Posted: June 19, 2014, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

No kidding, right? I'm usually happy for the winners. But I get annoyed when someone like 84 year old Gloria win $300 MILLION AFTER taxes. The only person who makes out in cases like that are their kids who get a very nice inheritance and Uncle Sam when collecting a death tax! Cussing Face  LOL 

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                              USA
                              United States
                              Member #152799
                              February 25, 2014
                              1095 Posts
                              Posted: June 19, 2014, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

No kidding, right? I'm usually happy for the winners. But I get annoyed when someone like 84 year old Gloria win $300 MILLION AFTER taxes. The only person who makes out in cases like that are their kids who get a very nice inheritance and Uncle Sam when collecting a death tax! Cussing Face  LOL 

Unless Gloria has set up a trust and well thought out estate plan, it will be Uncle Sam who will prosper when she passes. 

Gloria actually collected $278 million but owed another $54 million when she filed her taxes earlier this year so her true after tax amount was roughly $224 million.