Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 11:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

1-2-3-4-5 PB 6 If these numbers were drawn. How would you react?

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 2 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

How would you react?

Raise an eyebrow. Something is fishy. [ 5 ]  [14.71%]
Every number combination has an equal chance [ 24 ]  [70.59%]
Other. Write a comment [ 5 ]  [14.71%]
Total Valid Votes [ 34 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  

United States
Member #128790
June 2, 2012
5431 Posts
Posted: June 22, 2014, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

Seriously?  A lot of people play that combo???

Yes, and people wonder why I give one stars to stupid threads. I'm surrounded by stupid people.

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: June 22, 2014, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

He gives 1 star to every discussion he rates. Look for yourself at the other rated discussions. Don't take it personally. It's apparently his 'thing'.

No, only to threads I believe are dumb. So should i rate what YOU think the thread is worth? What should I eat today for lunch today?

United States
      Member #128790
      June 2, 2012
      5431 Posts
      Posted: June 22, 2014, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

Onlymoney gave you 1 star because he's a ten year old who thinks he's funny.

1-2-3-4-5-6 is one of millions of combinations that have as much chance as any other combination.

I would never play a combo like that, not because I don't think it could or would show, but rather because a LOT of people play that combo, and I'm not interested in splitting a jackpot with a couple hundred people.

I think you asked a good question.

Who died and gave you authority over what I can rate? 

Get a life man !

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: June 22, 2014, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

It might get a little more reaction than any other set that might be drawn only because it's five consecutive numbers.  How many times have we seen any five consecutive numbers drawn in jackpot games?

If my memory serves me right, twice maybe more I believe in the Florida Fantasy Five. The odds are about 376,000 to 1, and that's why it's happened. In bigger games like PB, it'll take much much longer to occur. 

In smaller odds game like p-3 and p-4, it happens all the time.

Shouldn't this topic be like the fundamentals of lottery 101? Geesh, I'm astounded by this. And i don't even study the JP games for crying out loud. No wonder so many believe they will win the JP one day, now it all makes sense.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #55889
          October 23, 2007
          5600 Posts
          Posted: June 22, 2014, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

Who died and gave you authority over what I can rate? 

Get a life man !

Actually, I do have a life. Funny you telling me to get a life, but rating every thread 1 star seems to be YOUR life. LOL. I'm not telling you how to rate a thread, but it is apparent that you do what you do out of spite. Kinda like a kid. Ya know?

I do a lot more than just going around threads and rating them all 1 star. Then again, I don't bother to rate any thread. LP is about reading about the lottery.

Just because people play to win a jackpot doesn't mean they KNOW they will win. Most people realize they won't , but play for fun, and the HOPE of winning.

Nothing wrong with that.

Have a nice life.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
            Member #128790
            June 2, 2012
            5431 Posts
            Posted: June 22, 2014, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

Actually, I do have a life. Funny you telling me to get a life, but rating every thread 1 star seems to be YOUR life. LOL. I'm not telling you how to rate a thread, but it is apparent that you do what you do out of spite. Kinda like a kid. Ya know?

I do a lot more than just going around threads and rating them all 1 star. Then again, I don't bother to rate any thread. LP is about reading about the lottery.

Just because people play to win a jackpot doesn't mean they KNOW they will win. Most people realize they won't , but play for fun, and the HOPE of winning.

Nothing wrong with that.

Have a nice life.

I'm not telling you how to rate a thread.

Thanks, I appreciate the privilege you've given me, oh great one !

Are you on the right lottery site? Green laugh

You're right, I should rate every thread 5 stars despite how bad it is. 

Everyone should pass every academic test given in every school in the country despite a failing grade.

Everyone should graduate.

In sports, both sides should win.

We should give every person studying to be a doctor a license to practice despite their grades.

Lions and sheep should play with each other.

Everyone should win a JP in their lifetime.

Every participant should win on America's got talent. 

All TV shows should be a hit.

Every movie in theaters should get two thumbs up.

Someone please put me out of my misery. Disapprove

butch2030's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
              The KEY ingredient is Combos & Patterns
              Elgin, IL
              United States
              Member #68867
              January 1, 2009
              1221 Posts
              Posted: June 22, 2014, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

Why would it be fishy? 1-2-3-4-5 PB:6 has the same chance as every other combination. I never understood the ignorance in that department.

Look at it this way, the last PB winning numbers were 05-06-37-41-54, PB: 26. How much time do you think will pass before that exact combo will show again? A very very long time. Of course those combos above can come in the next draw because they have the same chance of showing, but it's very highly unlikely. The time for 1-2-3-4-5, PB:6 just hasn't come yet.

It's happened in other games with less odds like Fantasy Five games. Not so much 1-2-3-4-5, but I've seen combos in the mid 20's, 20-21-22-23-24 for example. Given enough time, they will show. 

Close enough onlymoney - FL Fantasy 5 only had one drawing with consecutive numbers out of the 7,580 drawings & that was on 03/21/2011 - 14, 15, 16, 17, 18.

Results

Search by Date for: Previous Draw03/21/2011Next Draw

FANTASY 5 with EZmatch
              14-15-16-17-18

47 Winners

Prize LevelWinnersPrize Amount
              5-of-547$4,581.74
              4-of-5505$68.50
              3-of-59,439$10.00
              2-of-591,855Free Ticket

United States
                Member #128790
                June 2, 2012
                5431 Posts
                Posted: June 22, 2014, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Close enough onlymoney - FL Fantasy 5 only had one drawing with consecutive numbers out of the 7,580 drawings & that was on 03/21/2011 - 14, 15, 16, 17, 18.

Results

Search by Date for: Previous Draw03/21/2011Next Draw

FANTASY 5 with EZmatch
                14-15-16-17-18

47 Winners

Prize LevelWinnersPrize Amount
                5-of-547$4,581.74
                4-of-5505$68.50
                3-of-59,439$10.00
                2-of-591,855Free Ticket

Yup, that's the one. I must be thinking of other Fantasy Five games like the one in California which made me think it hit more than twice.

CA Fantasy Five

01/14/2013 Draw# 700920  16  18  17  19 

PA Treasure Hunt

12/04/2010     1   2   3   4   5           

United States
                  Member #128790
                  June 2, 2012
                  5431 Posts
                  Posted: June 22, 2014, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

The Puerto Rico drawing  (Nov/27/09)  The numbers drawn were 9-22-23-24-25-26. 

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3474 Posts
                    Posted: June 22, 2014, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

Many, many years ago the NY lottery ran adds telling people to stop playing obvious patterns from the bet slip. The most popular combinations being played for lotto at that time were the ones from marking the two diagonals starting at the top left and top right on the bet slip.  IIRC, each of them was being consistently played on close to 10,000 tickets. I'm pretty sure that an official with either MM or PB has gone on record saying that those are the most popular combinations for that game, though I don't about them saying how any times they were played.

I don't recall any official comments about the 1 to 6 combination, but there's very definitely a widespread belief that it's a very popular combination. I once knew somebody who played that for NY lotto on the theory that nobody else would be playing it. One person isn't a reliable sample, but if one of the relatively few people I know who play the lottery is playing it there's a very good chance that  perhaps 1 out of 1 to 5 thousand other people are also playing it. 1 out of every 5000 could mean roughly 3000 tickets for a typical starting jackpot.

You can also see that  almost every time the winning numbers have a few multiples of 5 there are an unusually high number of winners.

NY
                      United States
                      Member #23835
                      October 16, 2005
                      3474 Posts
                      Posted: June 22, 2014, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

It might get a little more reaction than any other set that might be drawn only because it's five consecutive numbers.  How many times have we seen any five consecutive numbers drawn in jackpot games?

About as often as probability suggests we'll see it.

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                        upstate NY
                        United States
                        Member #108791
                        March 31, 2011
                        549 Posts
                        Posted: June 22, 2014, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

"So the combination is... one, two, three, four, five? That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!" -- Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

NEW YORK
                          United States
                          Member #90535
                          April 29, 2010
                          11979 Posts
                          Posted: June 22, 2014, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Why would it be fishy? 1-2-3-4-5 PB:6 has the same chance as every other combination. I never understood the ignorance in that department.

Look at it this way, the last PB winning numbers were 05-06-37-41-54, PB: 26. How much time do you think will pass before that exact combo will show again? A very very long time. Of course those combos above can come in the next draw because they have the same chance of showing, but it's very highly unlikely. The time for 1-2-3-4-5, PB:6 just hasn't come yet.

It's happened in other games with less odds like Fantasy Five games. Not so much 1-2-3-4-5, but I've seen combos in the mid 20's, 20-21-22-23-24 for example. Given enough time, they will show. 

"Look at it this way, the last PB winning numbers were 05-06-37-41-54, PB: 26."

$1 Million winner in New York with a Self Pick.

NEW YORK
                            United States
                            Member #90535
                            April 29, 2010
                            11979 Posts
                            Posted: June 22, 2014, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

WinkI think Thrifty would need CPR since he used to post those numbers in the Maddog challenges...and I am pretty certain he does not actually play those numbers.

I WILL PLAY 01-02-03-04-05 and 06 SOMEDAY.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                              Massachusetts
                              United States
                              Member #37433
                              April 14, 2006
                              2747 Posts
                              Posted: June 22, 2014, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

1-2-3-4-5 PB 6 If these numbers were drawn. How would you react? indifferent :/

With all the pre tests they do, do you not think they might decide that it's a malfunction of the drawing machine and do another draw? They are allowed to do as many pre tests as they need to, right? On Mass Lottery website it says the process for the draw lasts 2 hours from start to finish Blue Thinking . Hopefully one day we will get to see the whole process on video.

That money's gone fo ever