Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

1-2-3-4-5 PB 6 If these numbers were drawn. How would you react?

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 2 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

How would you react?

Raise an eyebrow. Something is fishy. [ 5 ]  [14.71%]
Every number combination has an equal chance [ 24 ]  [70.59%]
Other. Write a comment [ 5 ]  [14.71%]
Total Valid Votes [ 34 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10344 Posts
Posted: June 22, 2014, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

My reaction would be to think that the jackpot would be split a lot of ways.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
    Massachusetts
    United States
    Member #37433
    April 14, 2006
    2747 Posts
    Posted: June 25, 2014, 8:57 am - IP Logged

Sometimes I play 12,23,34,45,56 (7) just to see what would happen. Nothing happens of course since I'm still here liking for ideas and inspiration

That money's gone fo ever

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #129225
      June 13, 2012
      546 Posts
      Posted: June 25, 2014, 9:09 am - IP Logged

Whiteballz, because it's not what people want to hear.

Why would we NOT want to hear that??  It is a logical question I think it could be happen and I don't think there is anything fishy about it.  Speak for yourself not for others.  ie;  "it is not what I want to hear".

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: June 25, 2014, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

My reaction would be to think that the jackpot would be split a lot of ways.

Yep. I would also think that there would be a lot of people who would be jumping for joy until they learned that a hundred other people played those same numbers. Yes Nod

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Marana AZ
          United States
          Member #145341
          August 3, 2013
          176 Posts
          Posted: June 25, 2014, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

It would be worse for the lottery game if 500 people got the 5 white balls correct instead of 500 getting all 6 numbers correct. They'd have to dip into their reserves to payout the capped winning value for 500 one million dollar winners, each of whom would get less than 100% of a million, while the jackpot amount would just be split 500 ways.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
            Texas Panhandle
            United States
            Member #136843
            December 20, 2012
            1259 Posts
            Posted: June 26, 2014, 6:04 am - IP Logged

Not long after the Texas Lotto kicked off, one of the Amarillo TV stations had a segment about that very thing on the news and interviewed a mathematics professor at WTA&M in Canyon who said that combination had the exact same chance of winning as any other set of numbers...except that the Texas pick six lottery doesn't have a multiplier ball.   It wasn't but a few weeks after the lottery started that a man down state got several QPs on a single ticket and two of the lines were identical.  The station brought back the same professor who said the odds of that happening were same as for winning the lottery.

All I am sure of about odds in the lottery is that they are something like 1 in 175 million, but exactly zero if you don't play.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
              NY
              United States
              Member #121961
              January 21, 2012
              3157 Posts
              Posted: July 9, 2014, 2:18 am - IP Logged

The Connecticut Cash 5 almost pulled it off yesterday. 

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                upstate NY
                United States
                Member #108791
                March 31, 2011
                549 Posts
                Posted: July 9, 2014, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

The Connecticut Cash 5 almost pulled it off yesterday. 

And to prove just how many people play that combination, here's the payout:

TicketsMatchPrize
                05 of 5$100,000
                2464 of 5$300
                1,4213 of 5$10
                54 + Kicker$4,350
                633 + Kicker$65
                5512 + Kicker$5
                1,9921 + Kicker$2
                Winning tickets sold: 4,278

Going by a quick perusal of their recent drawings page, it appears that the number of Match 4 winners is usually in the 20s or 30s and that there are rarely over 1,000 Match 3 winners.  The number of total winners isn't much more than normal, though, as that tends to be in the 3,000s, sometimes breaking 4,000.

United States
                  Member #156692
                  June 27, 2014
                  14 Posts
                  Posted: July 9, 2014, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

(1- 2- 3- 4- 5 PB 6), has the same probability of hitting as last draws numbers for 07/05/14 (24- 34 -36- 57- 58 PB 11). Nothing changes. By the way I'm amazed how many people play these types of numbers, don't they realize this will not benefit them. The payouts would be very slim. You'll have thousands of players splitting jackpot. Even matching (5+0) which payouts out a $1 million, would be fixed amount. Far less than the advertised $1 million. You'll be lucky if you get $10,000 for matching (5+0). Here in New York and in other states players play quads crazy, why would it be different with Powerball.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10344 Posts
                    Posted: July 9, 2014, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

"The lottery sux man, I won $17."
                    -Bruce almighty

Scene where Jim Carey, filling in for God, answered everybody's prayers to win a jackpot

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                      Massachusetts
                      United States
                      Member #37433
                      April 14, 2006
                      2747 Posts
                      Posted: July 9, 2014, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

And to prove just how many people play that combination, here's the payout:

TicketsMatchPrize
                      05 of 5$100,000
                      2464 of 5$300
                      1,4213 of 5$10
                      54 + Kicker$4,350
                      633 + Kicker$65
                      5512 + Kicker$5
                      1,9921 + Kicker$2
                      Winning tickets sold: 4,278

Going by a quick perusal of their recent drawings page, it appears that the number of Match 4 winners is usually in the 20s or 30s and that there are rarely over 1,000 Match 3 winners.  The number of total winners isn't much more than normal, though, as that tends to be in the 3,000s, sometimes breaking 4,000.

On the LP predictions board there was one member, worldwide-play, who matched the Cash 5 numbers for 7/8/2014  3 times. Too bad he didn't play actual tickets.

That money's gone fo ever

C5VetteMN6's avatar - skull
                        Florida
                        United States
                        Member #66781
                        November 6, 2008
                        10 Posts
                        Posted: July 14, 2014, 10:06 am - IP Logged

The games are rigged.   Just like the Trade Centers, Building 7, Moon Landing, CIA/JFK conspiracies, some things are never to be spoken of or brought into light. 

I firmly and truly believe these "pick 5/36, 6/49" lotteries are controlled by a supreme super computer that controls all numbers and terminals.   Of course, when all possible combinations are sold - a winner naturally (and randomly) has to be picked.   There is no other logic, especially with Florida Lucky Four and Fantasy 5 lotteries.    You can't convince me otherwise - they are tightly controlled, monitored and tickets are printed within split-second super computer speed with the winning numbers already pre-determined...the terminals simply spits out a random set of numbers (because the winning numbers are already shelved).

My .02

NEW YORK
                          United States
                          Member #90535
                          April 29, 2010
                          11975 Posts
                          Posted: July 14, 2014, 10:57 am - IP Logged

The games are rigged.   Just like the Trade Centers, Building 7, Moon Landing, CIA/JFK conspiracies, some things are never to be spoken of or brought into light. 

I firmly and truly believe these "pick 5/36, 6/49" lotteries are controlled by a supreme super computer that controls all numbers and terminals.   Of course, when all possible combinations are sold - a winner naturally (and randomly) has to be picked.   There is no other logic, especially with Florida Lucky Four and Fantasy 5 lotteries.    You can't convince me otherwise - they are tightly controlled, monitored and tickets are printed within split-second super computer speed with the winning numbers already pre-determined...the terminals simply spits out a random set of numbers (because the winning numbers are already shelved).

My .02

Play Mega Millions and Powerball once a year. It will cost you $3, if you do not win.LOL