Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is the best way to win the lottery?

Topic closed. 61 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Scratch$.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #55889
October 23, 2007
5595 Posts
Posted: September 6, 2014, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

Sure, someone from Mo. could have won it the first time the drawing included it, but saying never has won it as compared to never have won in the 4+ years it's been in it is a little different.

Careful CT, you might confuse him with facts.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
    Beautiful Florida
    United States
    Member #5709
    July 18, 2004
    20110 Posts
    Posted: September 6, 2014, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

I was wounding is there better way to pick my wining lottery numbers?

I have a very good strategy, and maybe you'd like to try it. It's called " LUCK "..

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
      USA
      United States
      Member #152799
      February 25, 2014
      1092 Posts
      Posted: September 6, 2014, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

I have a very good strategy, and maybe you'd like to try it. It's called " LUCK "..

I Agree!  Luck is a key factor in winning as well as having a ticket.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
        United States
        Member #112968
        June 29, 2011
        3854 Posts
        Posted: September 6, 2014, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

Buy your tickets in the right state.  If you buy them in California, New York, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, or Michigan it's almost impossible to lose!

So I have achieved the almost impossible, bought losing tix when I lived in CA.

Also bought losers in Florida and Michigan last time I visited those states.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

texas
          United States
          Member #141051
          April 3, 2013
          18 Posts
          Posted: September 7, 2014, 7:49 am - IP Logged

If I were you Kim I would play a lotto game with better odds of winning. And by that I mean any other game besides Megamillions or Powerball.

Me and my family have played those games for I don't know how many years and we have not won so far.

I am gonna focus on the small lotterys for now...

United States
            Member #145267
            August 1, 2013
            1502 Posts
            Posted: September 7, 2014, 8:16 am - IP Logged

Mega millions and Powerball are designed where only a few will win.  But, you should put in your dollar or  two anyway just to be in the game.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3103 Posts
              Posted: September 7, 2014, 9:33 am - IP Logged

Pick a lower odds straight up game without power/mega balls that doesn't draw daily or resolve not to play daily, only play on the days with higher returns.

Make a set of quality lines that include all the numbers.

Know enough about filtering to make at least a third of the lines 3/odd, 3/even, 3/low, 3/high, etc.

Exclude low odds combinational types that rarely hit, won't help you win, but at least you won't have high odds of already having lost before the draw is held.  The larger the population pool the better, though be prepared, generally at least one of the 10% or less likely bunch will appear in each draw.

Buy ahead to eliminate transportation costs to purchase location and to avoid missing a draw.

BobP

btw: Back when some lotteries offered two plays for a dollar they showed half the odds for a dollar.  Odds are not the same as chances.

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                Upacreek
                United States
                Member #136306
                December 8, 2012
                428 Posts
                Posted: September 7, 2014, 11:18 am - IP Logged

I Agree!  Dumb Luck... that's it- period. 

Buy a ticket... and check your #'s... and try again LOL

-RC

United States
                  Member #156369
                  June 16, 2014
                  570 Posts
                  Posted: September 7, 2014, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

to the guy adaging, "quick pick win all time and or most times" IS WRONG... for me anyhow.

this is a falsehood ,for so many i am meeting who win premise on choosing our own combination(s)regularly.

Actually:last night i've had 4 out of the five POWERBALL was happy though,because again i utilize mi OWN numbers,

and MEGA several times mi own numbers,but i do buy 1 or 2 quick pick each week.Had four out of five with Mega 2x in 2012, 3x in 2013.

Now this year again choosing mi own numbers four out of the five POWERBALL. NO QUICK PICK,so this works for me!

Actually:

I've just won this year so much, per month  CASH FIVE 2x a month this year repeatedly.Even the lotto person(s)cutting my check adage

"how lucky i am and tell me to keep DOING WHAT WORKS FOR ME,i love that!" I've chosen correct,feel so great but like 1 number off from powerball

or mega and cash "5."

PICK 4 is the same way,very lucky by mi OWN numbers,NOT quick pick....

$$$$Thousands monthly on PICK 4 by choosing my OWN numbers for years,winning STRAIGHT three to 5x (one ticket) Smileutilizing mi same #'s,re-play em,regularly and 1 or 2 "newbie numbers i choose also have hit" i love it. Only utilize quick pick in my case few times a year... if that.

"4 out of five" numbers !Bananai am on a roll and only had this happen this year ONE TIME with QUICK PICK.rest of my month to month

winnings are me choosing mi own numbers...

adios

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                    Happy California
                    United States
                    Member #157856
                    August 2, 2014
                    1513 Posts
                    Posted: September 7, 2014, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

I make a note of where and when I purchase my tickets. And I sign them too. I am wondering who fills out them completely ? ThanksSmile

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                      Massachusetts
                      United States
                      Member #37433
                      April 14, 2006
                      2747 Posts
                      Posted: September 7, 2014, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

I make a note of where and when I purchase my tickets. And I sign them too. I am wondering who fills out them completely ? ThanksSmile

I used to sign my tickets but after realizing it was a waste of good ink, I decided to just keep them in a safe place instead. In an old thread here someone mentioned rubber stamping their tickets and I thought it was a brilliant idea. I never got around to doing it though Chair

That money's gone fo ever

Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
                        Member #158848
                        September 5, 2014
                        294 Posts
                        Posted: September 7, 2014, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

I don't play MM or PB when the jackpots are below 100M. When the pot is between 100 and 399M, I'll play one self-pick and one quick-pick per draw. If the pot hits 400M, I'll play two self-picks and three quick-picks per draw. If the pot hits 600M, I'll play five self-picks and five quick-picks per draw.

On scratch cards, I buy mostly $10 and $20 ones, and an occasional $5 card. I rarely buy $1, $2 and $3 cards. I've had my best luck when buying ten of a specific card at the same time and place.

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                          Upacreek
                          United States
                          Member #136306
                          December 8, 2012
                          428 Posts
                          Posted: September 7, 2014, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

to the guy adaging, "quick pick win all time and or most times" IS WRONG... for me anyhow.

this is a falsehood ,for so many i am meeting who win premise on choosing our own combination(s)regularly.

Actually:last night i've had 4 out of the five POWERBALL was happy though,because again i utilize mi OWN numbers,

and MEGA several times mi own numbers,but i do buy 1 or 2 quick pick each week.Had four out of five with Mega 2x in 2012, 3x in 2013.

Now this year again choosing mi own numbers four out of the five POWERBALL. NO QUICK PICK,so this works for me!

Actually:

I've just won this year so much, per month  CASH FIVE 2x a month this year repeatedly.Even the lotto person(s)cutting my check adage

"how lucky i am and tell me to keep DOING WHAT WORKS FOR ME,i love that!" I've chosen correct,feel so great but like 1 number off from powerball

or mega and cash "5."

$$$$Thousands monthly on PICK 4 by choosing my OWN numbers for years,winning STRAIGHT three to 5x (one ticket) Smileutilizing mi same #'s,re-play em,regularly and 1 or 2 "newbie numbers i choose also have hit" i love it. Only utilize quick pick in my case few times a year... if that.

"4 out of five" numbers !Bananai am on a roll and only had this happen this year ONE TIME with QUICK PICK.rest of my month to month

adios

That's amazing...

You should try and sell your system- you'd probably make millions on that alone.

I wonder what I've been doing wrong all these years Disapprove

-RC

United States
                            Member #93947
                            July 10, 2010
                            2180 Posts
                            Posted: September 10, 2014, 5:43 am - IP Logged

It does not require talent,skill, or hard work. 

I've never heard a successful person say that about anything.

"I've never heard a successful person say that about anything."

The implication of this statement is that music* must be unsuccessful.

Was this your intention?

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                              u$a
                              United States
                              Member #106665
                              February 22, 2011
                              19782 Posts
                              Posted: September 10, 2014, 7:02 am - IP Logged

Actually:

or mega and cash "5."

adios

Wow you are Lucky Congratulations on your WINS!!  you mind sharing them numbers Naughty

Let it Snow Snowman