Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's wrong with LP - technical problems ??

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Blackie.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
South Carolina
United States
Member #18322
July 9, 2005
1704 Posts
Posted: September 29, 2014, 9:58 am - IP Logged

Is it just my computer, or was LP running slowly this weekend,  Sept 27/28 ???  I had the hardest time getting into the LP website using both Internet Explorer and Chrome Browsers.  This Website took forever to open up, and navigate through.  When we experience difficulties like this with this particular website, what is the actual problemWhy is this really happening ??? Is LP having technical problems with the LP server, or is it a problem on our personal end ??? [It was like the website was caught in a LOOP navigating.]

It was really only the LP website that I had a problem with this weekend, that caused me to download and install the Chrome Browser, in the first place. But I had the same slowness problem with Chrome.  I thought Chrome was supposed to be faster that IE.  I'm not familiar with how the Chrome Browser functions, but thus far, I can't tell that it is any faster or better than IE. It is NOT as user friendly, and appears to be missing some of the functionality of IE. IE seems to me, to be EASIER to use, more obvious functionality, more straight forward. I am not tech savy.  I don't understand the Chrome browser too well.

LP should work properly in Internet Explorer 11.

No offense intended.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23260 Posts
    Posted: September 29, 2014, 10:03 am - IP Logged

Sorry, it is a problem on my end.  I have literally been up all night trying to solve some performance problems I'm having on the server.  The problem seems to be still happening.  I am doing the best I can to lock down the source of the problem and fix it, but so far it's still a struggle.  Again, sorry for the issues, and I hope to have them fixed as soon as I can.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

cbr$'s avatar - maren
      Cordova,Al.
      United States
      Member #104482
      January 15, 2011
      4881 Posts
      Posted: September 29, 2014, 10:14 am - IP Logged

Sorry, it is a problem on my end.  I have literally been up all night trying to solve some performance problems I'm having on the server.  The problem seems to be still happening.  I am doing the best I can to lock down the source of the problem and fix it, but so far it's still a struggle.  Again, sorry for the issues, and I hope to have them fixed as soon as I can.

Thank you Todd.  I've problems since 1 a.m., so I'm very grateful to hear it fixable. Try to have a nice rest of the day.

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
        Member #81314
        October 16, 2009
        18985 Posts
        Posted: September 29, 2014, 10:15 am - IP Logged

@ Todd

I thought it was because, I updated AOL from 9.6 to 9.7.

The Struggle is real!

United States
          Member #149141
          November 21, 2013
          713 Posts
          Posted: September 29, 2014, 10:15 am - IP Logged

PatriotAll the Best Todd... Godspeed..

South Carolina
            United States
            Member #18322
            July 9, 2005
            1704 Posts
            Posted: September 29, 2014, 10:21 am - IP Logged

Thank you, Todd. We all appreciate your hard work and dedication to this website. I didn't mean to be critical, or offend you.  I'm just not tech savy enough to understand these kinds of problems when they happen, and it's frustrating not knowing what to do about the situation.

I know you advocate using the Chrome Browser, but upon initial installation, I found Chrome to be disappointing, and no better than Internet Explorer 11. Obviously, there is something I'm misunderstanding about the functionality of the Google Chrome Browser.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23260 Posts
              Posted: September 29, 2014, 10:23 am - IP Logged

Thank you, Todd. We all appreciate your hard work and dedication to this website. I didn't mean to be critical, or offend you.  I'm just not tech savy enough to understand these kinds of problems when they happen, and it's frustrating not knowing what to do about the situation.

I know you advocate using the Chrome Browser, but upon initial installation, I found Chrome to be disappointing, and no better than Internet Explorer 11. Obviously, there is something I'm misunderstanding about the functionality of the Google Chrome Browser.

Actually, although I personally Chrome as my daily browser, I have found IE 11 to be excellent as well.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
                Norfolk , Va
                United States
                Member #4541
                May 2, 2004
                25096 Posts
                Posted: September 29, 2014, 10:42 am - IP Logged

Good Luck with it Todd!!  You probably need some sleep by now though.

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

DEE88's avatar - animal doggy2.jpg
                  PA
                  United States
                  Member #69849
                  January 18, 2009
                  14849 Posts
                  Posted: September 29, 2014, 10:47 am - IP Logged

I have had the same problem over the weekend also....what I don't understand Todd is how come something is not posted on LP so the members know if it is on their end or it's something with LP itself....when something like this happens right away I think it is my computer when all awhile it wasn't...don't mean to sound mad just would like to have something posted when something like this happens....I'm sure Todd you are doing everything you can to keep this site up and running and things do happen on your end...

2079    1085   8841    7227   3305   4651

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                    u$a
                    United States
                    Member #106665
                    February 22, 2011
                    19767 Posts
                    Posted: September 29, 2014, 11:27 am - IP Logged

I have had the same problem over the weekend also....what I don't understand Todd is how come something is not posted on LP so the members know if it is on their end or it's something with LP itself....when something like this happens right away I think it is my computer when all awhile it wasn't...don't mean to sound mad just would like to have something posted when something like this happens....I'm sure Todd you are doing everything you can to keep this site up and running and things do happen on your end...

Like what Please Stand by "Technical Difficulties" with some kind of sound Effect like the TV has would that make you happy LOL

Let it Snow Snowman

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                      Member #52345
                      May 21, 2007
                      2657 Posts
                      Posted: September 29, 2014, 11:28 am - IP Logged

@ Todd

Green laugh thanks for the chuckle thar, MZ Dufflebaglady

Good luck Todd !!  hope U win the battle of the bogg

Jewel$95's avatar - flower2
                        McDonough, Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #156271
                        June 13, 2014
                        97 Posts
                        Posted: September 29, 2014, 11:41 am - IP Logged

@ Todd

I agree. I do not have AOL, but thought it was something on my end.

Thanks for the update Todd!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19824 Posts
                          Posted: September 29, 2014, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

I just started having this problem with the LP website yesterday but started to have similar problems with the Best Buy website a week or two ago with webpage that showed computer prices and several other webpage on the Internet so I was thinking I had picked up a bug in my browser.  Good to hear the problem may be fixable at the websites.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                            Winning makes me smile.
                            bel air maryland
                            United States
                            Member #90251
                            April 24, 2010
                            4862 Posts
                            Posted: September 29, 2014, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

I just started having this problem with the LP website yesterday but started to have similar problems with the Best Buy website a week or two ago with webpage that showed computer prices and several other webpage on the Internet so I was thinking I had picked up a bug in my browser.  Good to hear the problem may be fixable at the websites.

I started having it Sunday evening. Still having it today. When I would go from forum to forum or try to post anything there would be a "This page cannot be displayed" message on the screen telling  me to 1) make sure the address is correct. 2) try searching for it with the browser. 3) refresh the page in a few minutes.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

United States
                              Member #128790
                              June 2, 2012
                              5431 Posts
                              Posted: September 29, 2014, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

I suggest bypassing the Heisenberg Compensator and deviating the route from panel C, row 2 in the capacitor panel. This should enable the sub-function modulator to perform faster, thus aiding the sequencing compiler. Moreover, additional adjustments with the Terminal balance frequency, Helio-optimization processor in panel F can also speed the system buffer component which is directly responsible for the coil shifter.

If that doesn't work, it must be the Enterovirus that's going around.