Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MONOPOLY Millionaires club

Topic closed. 62 replies. Last post 2 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
emerald64's avatar - 8ball
suffolk county, Long Island, NY
United States
Member #56449
November 19, 2007
1508 Posts
Posted: October 14, 2014, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

..Seems like an interesting game..dont know too many details on it as yet tho...does anyone know if this will be an on-going game or a .one-shot' deal .. ?  .. i believe its 5-bucks a ticket with 'Three chances to win .. picking 6 numbers out of a field of 52.....then logging your ticket number in on line for a chance to appear on a Las Vegas game show .. ? 

Tami333's avatar - winifrid
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #139344
    February 20, 2013
    1142 Posts
    Posted: October 15, 2014, 7:48 am - IP Logged

I will play it a few times.  I'm already wasting money on the Mega & PowerBall, might as well try this one.

$5 per ticket

To win the Top Prize, players must match 5 numbers from 1 to 52 as well as a randomly generated sixth number, or ‘quick-pick', from 1-28. However, the numbers 1-28 will also be represented by Monopoly board game properties. Each ticket will also carry a unique ‘Millionaire Club number' that will give players the chance to win one of 10 additional prizes if they fail to win the main jackpot.

Each time the Top Prize is won, there will be at least 10 additional $1 million winners. Once the Top Prize amount reaches $25 million, all additional prize money creates more $1 million prizes, giving players more chances to become millionaires than any other Lottery game. 

(Based on matching 5 numbers, you're better off playing Power Ball for $2 a ticket, $1 Million vs. $100k, hmm, which would I want?  I guess there are less numbers though, only 52)

Numbers MatchedPrizeOdds of Winning
    5 + Millionaire Club numberJackpot/Club Prizes1 in 72,770,880
    5$100,0001 in 2,695,218
    4 + Millionaire Club number$20,0001 in 309,663
    4$5001 in 11,469
    3 + Millionaire Club number$2501 in 6,731
    2 + Millionaire Club number$251 in 449
    3$201 in 249
    1 + Millionaire Club number$101 in 82
    Millionaire Club number only$71 in 47
    2$51 in 16
      LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
      Happyland
      United States
      Member #146344
      September 1, 2013
      1129 Posts
      Posted: October 15, 2014, 9:38 am - IP Logged

..Seems like an interesting game..dont know too many details on it as yet tho...does anyone know if this will be an on-going game or a .one-shot' deal .. ?  .. i believe its 5-bucks a ticket with 'Three chances to win .. picking 6 numbers out of a field of 52.....then logging your ticket number in on line for a chance to appear on a Las Vegas game show .. ? 

Here's an extensive thread/poll about the game: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/279345/

Anyway, yes, it will be an ongoing deal. There will be 18 episodes of the game show taped in the first 4 months of 2015. My guess is that they will stick with the game for at least a year since many states aren't joining until spring. I've heard that they plan to re-evaluate the game and its jackpot cap based on sales, interest, etc. after all the others have begun participating. There are models/estimates of game performance, but we're really breaking new ground with a $5 national game.

Dollar-for-dollar, MMC's $100K prize has worse odds than Powerball's $1 million prize, though it's not really fair to compare games by just one prize. The game does have better overall odds. However, dollar-for-dollar, MMC's $1 million Club prizes will have significantly worse odds than Powerball's $1 million prize for the first few drawings. It won't have better odds for that prize level until there are about 37 prizes with 5.2 million tickets in the draw. As I'm sure you're aware, the odds for the Club prizes depend on the number of tickets sold (i.e. raffle). If anyone wants to know the math behind that they can PM me.

This would not be a game that I recommend playing every week. MUSL projects only 6-7 hits per year, which means out of $260 worth of play you would only get $35 worth of actual opportunities to take home a $1 million prize. There is the TV show of course, which should prove interesting, but many players are older and not into that. This is more a game you play every now and then or when all the others are bleh.

I would definitely say to avoid the first 5 draws or so. That is when the Club prizes and jackpot will be lowest and payback equally poor.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
      If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
      P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

United States
        Member #56449
        November 19, 2007
        1508 Posts
        Posted: October 15, 2014, 10:38 am - IP Logged

..Thanks All for the *info ! .. Sounds inviting.. im definetly going to try it out !  Maybe..Just Maybe i'll get LUCKY !!!  ;)

United States
          Member #94616
          July 24, 2010
          4735 Posts
          Posted: October 15, 2014, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

As of 10/13 the Unclaimed Prize report show 2 jackpot prizes left to claim and 3 $15k prizes left to be claimed. 

I always check with this report before playing any new scratch off game. 

United States
            Member #94616
            July 24, 2010
            4735 Posts
            Posted: October 15, 2014, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

As of 10/13 the Unclaimed Prize report show 2 jackpot prizes left to claim and 3 $15k prizes left to be claimed. 

I always check with this report before playing any new scratch off game. 

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I just realized what game you are talking about! NOT the NY Lottery scratch-off game. 

United States
              Member #56449
              November 19, 2007
              1508 Posts
              Posted: October 15, 2014, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I just realized what game you are talking about! NOT the NY Lottery scratch-off game. 

lol.... alrighty then .. Crazy 

Michigan
                United States
                Member #139344
                February 20, 2013
                1142 Posts
                Posted: October 18, 2014, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

I have my play slip ready!!!!  It has 4 panels on it so you will be tempted to play all 4 ($20) 

Computer picks your Property Name/Number (1-28) and also the Millionaire Club Number.  They only draw the Millionaire Club numbers if someone wins the jackpot (top prize), with a minimum of 10 from the tickets purchased in all jurisdictions for that drawing. 

United States
                  Member #56449
                  November 19, 2007
                  1508 Posts
                  Posted: October 18, 2014, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

aaahhh ! Thanks for the 'heads-up ! ..Play slips are out ? i havent seen them yet.i couild have over-looked...are you in NY ?

Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #139344
                    February 20, 2013
                    1142 Posts
                    Posted: October 18, 2014, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

aaahhh ! Thanks for the 'heads-up ! ..Play slips are out ? i havent seen them yet.i couild have over-looked...are you in NY ?

I'm in Michigan.  Some locations did not have them yet, I guess it depends on if the local lottery person dropped them off. They also had a big sign on the counter that showed a sample of what the ticket will look like.  If I can win the 3-digit tonight, maybe I'll splurge and buy 10 tickets.  So MSL, can I please see 622 tonight so I can roll some back in to the MMC drawing? 

South Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #18322
                      July 9, 2005
                      1704 Posts
                      Posted: October 18, 2014, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Here's an extensive thread/poll about the game: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/279345/

Anyway, yes, it will be an ongoing deal. There will be 18 episodes of the game show taped in the first 4 months of 2015. My guess is that they will stick with the game for at least a year since many states aren't joining until spring. I've heard that they plan to re-evaluate the game and its jackpot cap based on sales, interest, etc. after all the others have begun participating. There are models/estimates of game performance, but we're really breaking new ground with a $5 national game.

Dollar-for-dollar, MMC's $100K prize has worse odds than Powerball's $1 million prize, though it's not really fair to compare games by just one prize. The game does have better overall odds. However, dollar-for-dollar, MMC's $1 million Club prizes will have significantly worse odds than Powerball's $1 million prize for the first few drawings. It won't have better odds for that prize level until there are about 37 prizes with 5.2 million tickets in the draw. As I'm sure you're aware, the odds for the Club prizes depend on the number of tickets sold (i.e. raffle). If anyone wants to know the math behind that they can PM me.

This would not be a game that I recommend playing every week. MUSL projects only 6-7 hits per year, which means out of $260 worth of play you would only get $35 worth of actual opportunities to take home a $1 million prize. There is the TV show of course, which should prove interesting, but many players are older and not into that. This is more a game you play every now and then or when all the others are bleh.

I would definitely say to avoid the first 5 draws or so. That is when the Club prizes and jackpot will be lowest and payback equally poor.

This $5 MONOPOLY Game will eventually be CANCELLEDNO DOUBT ABOUT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only Millionaires will be the National Lottery Commission sponsoring this game. This Cruel JOKE is on the foolish Public playing this game.

Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #139344
                        February 20, 2013
                        1142 Posts
                        Posted: October 18, 2014, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

This $5 MONOPOLY Game will eventually be CANCELLEDNO DOUBT ABOUT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only Millionaires will be the National Lottery Commission sponsoring this game. This Cruel JOKE is on the foolish Public playing this game.

You could be right.  I don't like that I can't pick my property number and they will have control of it, especially when there are 28 numbers, feels rigged already the more I read. 

I also feel it should be opposite, if "no one" wins the jackpot, that's when they should pull the additional $1 Mill prizes.  They have this written as someone needs to win the Jackpot before part 2 can happen.

If anyone plays, we should start posting just the property numbers to see if "ALL 28" are handed out and compare to the Friday draw.

United States
                          Member #56449
                          November 19, 2007
                          1508 Posts
                          Posted: October 18, 2014, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

I'm in Michigan.  Some locations did not have them yet, I guess it depends on if the local lottery person dropped them off. They also had a big sign on the counter that showed a sample of what the ticket will look like.  If I can win the 3-digit tonight, maybe I'll splurge and buy 10 tickets.  So MSL, can I please see 622 tonight so I can roll some back in to the MMC drawing? 

eeehh we'll see how it goes..Im def going to try it out..5-dollars is pricey for me..i never even play the 5-dollar instant scratch offs..but ill prob just just this Monopoly one once..and im looking at ..932 for tonites numbers draw !  ;)  Good Luck !!

levittown
                            United States
                            Member #33020
                            February 18, 2006
                            2 Posts
                            Posted: October 19, 2014, 9:48 am - IP Logged

it should start here in new york today on my win 10 tickets from last night it says it comes to new york on 10/19.Is there any study done on what numbers to play in a new game.??    1-52 is pretty close to the cash for life game of 1-60.I think I will try the hot numbers from that game.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                              Happyland
                              United States
                              Member #146344
                              September 1, 2013
                              1129 Posts
                              Posted: October 19, 2014, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

I have my play slip ready!!!!  It has 4 panels on it so you will be tempted to play all 4 ($20) 

Computer picks your Property Name/Number (1-28) and also the Millionaire Club Number.  They only draw the Millionaire Club numbers if someone wins the jackpot (top prize), with a minimum of 10 from the tickets purchased in all jurisdictions for that drawing. 

I've got my playslips too Smile I also noticed the 4 panels and immediately thought, "Yeah that's particularly convenient." LOL

By the way, the Millionaires' Club numbers thing is a ruse. I know that some people are going to be thinking things like there are patterns in the string of characters for picked tickets, but the truth is that the lottery will just pick winners like you would pick a regular raffle, i.e. the 423,322nd and 211,333rd ticket sold are winners. The club number is just another way of identifying that information.

People complain about it being computerized and not having control, but the reality is that you will only win by pure luck regardless how your numbers are chosen. As far as "fairness," MUSL's RNG is very sophisticated and uses quantum effect noise that produces numbers better random than even some ball drawings in undeveloped or emerging countries. It would also be very difficult to rig unless you had collusion from multiple parties...the same needed to rig ball drawings.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                              If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
                              P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1