Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 2:04 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MONOPOLY Millionaires club

Topic closed. 62 replies. Last post 2 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Quinto's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg
Washington County
United States
Member #131376
August 9, 2012
417 Posts
Posted: October 25, 2014, 3:41 am - IP Logged

I had 7 tickets, two with Property 9, one ticket no other numbers so $7 winner and the other 2 numbers got $25 yay all others with no property were losers. Of 7 tickets I have 10 entries so far for the first 2nd chance drawing.

Tami333's avatar - winifrid
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #139344
    February 20, 2013
    1182 Posts
    Posted: October 25, 2014, 9:50 am - IP Logged

Congrats on your WINHurray!

Thanks.  I'm still out $10 but it was worth a shot.

Michigan
      United States
      Member #139344
      February 20, 2013
      1182 Posts
      Posted: October 25, 2014, 9:53 am - IP Logged

I had 7 tickets, two with Property 9, one ticket no other numbers so $7 winner and the other 2 numbers got $25 yay all others with no property were losers. Of 7 tickets I have 10 entries so far for the first 2nd chance drawing.

Nice job Quinto! At least you got $25 back.  I wish they had it in reverse though, if no one wins the jackpot, then they pull the 10 $1 million dollar numbers.

Quinto's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg
        Washington County
        United States
        Member #131376
        August 9, 2012
        417 Posts
        Posted: October 25, 2014, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

Nice job Quinto! At least you got $25 back.  I wish they had it in reverse though, if no one wins the jackpot, then they pull the 10 $1 million dollar numbers.

I agree, there should be some millionaires every Friday from the code if nobody actually matches all the numbers but I am also curious to know how they pick at least 10 and at max how many for 1 mil when someone does hit the jackpot..

Michigan
          United States
          Member #139344
          February 20, 2013
          1182 Posts
          Posted: October 25, 2014, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

I agree, there should be some millionaires every Friday from the code if nobody actually matches all the numbers but I am also curious to know how they pick at least 10 and at max how many for 1 mil when someone does hit the jackpot..

Just called the hot line for Michigan.  The representative was very nice & helpful.  (Forgot to ask her name)

My question:  "Millionaire's Club Number" and "How is it selected?".

The good news is, the Club number is "NOT" a computer generated random number. 

It will be an actual number that is on one of our tickets so when this extra drawing occurs, there really are 10 winners.  Same as a raffle.

So....If MI 5351-0005-4009 was on the list, it would have been me.  LOL!!!

P.S.  As of today, it's up to "12 Millionaires" due to the jackpot rising.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
            Happyland
            United States
            Member #146344
            September 1, 2013
            1131 Posts
            Posted: October 25, 2014, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

Just called the hot line for Michigan.  The representative was very nice & helpful.  (Forgot to ask her name)

My question:  "Millionaire's Club Number" and "How is it selected?".

The good news is, the Club number is "NOT" a computer generated random number. 

It will be an actual number that is on one of our tickets so when this extra drawing occurs, there really are 10 winners.  Same as a raffle.

So....If MI 5351-0005-4009 was on the list, it would have been me.  LOL!!!

P.S.  As of today, it's up to "12 Millionaires" due to the jackpot rising.

Glad to hear the rep was helpful (most of the time they aren't!). However, I think more clarification is needed.

The Club winners are indeed selected by a RNG (p.s. the Club number is gen'd by the terminal, basically RNG). But, not in the way you think.

When we think of RNG we think of each digit being spun like the ball drawings are done. If your ticket matches the numbers randomly chosen then you win.

That's not the case here. As you stated, it is just like a raffle. This is exactly how the MC winners are chosen:

All the tickets are pooled and indexed. The index number could be 534343 for instance while that ticket's MMC number could be entirely different. The RNG is ordered to choose X winners in a pool from 1 to the end of the index. It randomly selects X numbers. The numbers it picks could be 56, 3434, 999, etc. The system then matches the indexes chosen to the actual ticket numbers and those are reported as winners (after validation of course). This is why I previously said pattern watching on the MMC numbers was useless. The system technically doesn't pick "your" number but rather a number that represents your number. As you may have inferred, the reason they have to index the tickets is that there could be identical MMC numbers between states.

Now that is the long answer. The short one is that it's just like a raffle! Big Smile

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
            If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
            P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Michigan
              United States
              Member #139344
              February 20, 2013
              1182 Posts
              Posted: October 25, 2014, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

I'm so sorry to anyone reading my last post, I meant say;

The "Winning Club Number pulled as a $1 Million Winner" is a real number on a ticket. 

Sorry for any confusion, after I read my own post back, the number picked is a combination of something else, but the way I wrote it was in-correct.  oops, sorry about that.

lakerben's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                New Mexico
                United States
                Member #86099
                January 29, 2010
                11163 Posts
                Posted: October 25, 2014, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

How many $ 1 mill winners ?

US Flag

United States
                  Member #140884
                  March 29, 2013
                  45 Posts
                  Posted: October 25, 2014, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

I think that they should give a million dollars to anyone who can recite and explain the rules accurately and easily in one shot.

needinghelp's avatar - voodoo

United States
                    Member #148261
                    October 27, 2013
                    6746 Posts
                    Posted: October 25, 2014, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know which state sold the most tickets?

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                      Happyland
                      United States
                      Member #146344
                      September 1, 2013
                      1131 Posts
                      Posted: October 26, 2014, 12:39 am - IP Logged

Does anyone know which state sold the most tickets?

Probably New York. They had the most winners (nearly 20K) out of all the participating jurisdictions.

Rank by percentage of total winners for 10/24/2014 drawing:

NY17.39%
                      FL13.22%
                      PA10.92%
                      NJ9.25%
                      TX7.75%
                      NC6.81%
                      GA5.41%
                      MI5.40%
                      MD4.29%
                      TN3.02%
                      KY2.72%
                      MO2.38%
                      IN2.21%
                      IA2.06%
                      AZ1.62%
                      MN1.09%
                      AR0.93%
                      RI0.86%
                      NM0.80%
                      ME0.60%
                      NH0.50%
                      SD0.48%
                      DC0.28%

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                      If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
                      P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #139344
                        February 20, 2013
                        1182 Posts
                        Posted: October 26, 2014, 7:09 am - IP Logged

I think that they should give a million dollars to anyone who can recite and explain the rules accurately and easily in one shot.

LMAO! Green laugh You are right though.  I'm burnt out on my own posts already.  I'll check back next Saturday.

United States
                          Member #111308
                          May 22, 2011
                          74 Posts
                          Posted: October 26, 2014, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

I bought 10 tickets and got 3 boardwalks

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                            NY
                            United States
                            Member #121961
                            January 21, 2012
                            3159 Posts
                            Posted: October 26, 2014, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

When Cali joins in we'll have second chance drawings every week.

United States
                              Member #89330
                              April 5, 2010
                              485 Posts
                              Posted: October 26, 2014, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

That's the best rationale for being a winner I have ever heard!!!  It is confusing!  But perhaps we will have a better chance of winning! Time will tell.  Good luck to you!