Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

1st post...

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 2 years ago by rj6speed.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
Oklahoma
United States
Member #82391
November 12, 2009
6290 Posts
Posted: December 3, 2014, 9:32 am - IP Logged

Welcome to the LP fyi there was a Powerball jackpot winner in WA this past weekend.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Wyomissing, PA
    United States
    Member #161050
    November 15, 2014
    301 Posts
    Posted: December 3, 2014, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

From my understanding, the terminal generates the quickpick numbers itself. The issue of repeating numbers across multiple plays is a common one with quickpicks. Interesting observation about numbers trending low. Not something I've noticed, but also wasn't paying attention to it - will from now on.

For traditional 3, 4, and 5 digit games, there's an easy work-around to avoid various numbers - player can choose the first x-digits and then have the remainder quickpicked. There could be a work-around for jackpot games too by selecting only a few of the numbers on a playcard / self-service terminal and also marking it as quickpick. Not sure it will work, since I've never tried it - even if it no good in PA, this method may work in some other states.

As for Match-6, getting like numbers across multiple lines doesn't affect the overall payout percentage. However, it does affect the odds of winning anything in a particular draw.

Personally, I'm ok with getting the same numbers across multiple lines, because if one or more of those repeated numbers is drawn, there will be many matches. Ie. if two numbers duplicated across all three lines are both hit, that's automatically 6 matches from the get-go. I'd rather win $20+ than a $2-$5 break-evenish prize, which is often what one wins on that game.

It's ironic the timing of this thread. Wonder what other unlikely state, or maybe not even a state at all, will have a winner. Could Puerto Rico be next...

United States
      Member #161539
      December 3, 2014
      328 Posts
      Posted: December 3, 2014, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

Just a quick reply ... yes on the Match 6 game in PA I want all doubles and triples ... they may not come out but if they do, a person can make a few dollars trying for the jackpot. I started the other thread on 6-49 games. I hate a ticket that does not have any doubles or triples on it ... if you can't win the jackpot that week then maybe a person can get playing money back for the next week ... got to have repeat numbers to at least break even.

I also have done that at the self serve terminal for Cash 5, Treasure Hunt, MM and PB ... for instance say I want the first number to be 7 or 8 ... I punch the 7 or 8 in and then hit quick pick ... sometimes the number is in the first position, that's great ... if not then I hit "Back" and try again untill the first number is what I want. Sometimes I have to do this three or four times to get the 7 or 8 as the first number ... the higher the number, like 12 or whatever ... gets harder to get it into the first position. If you don't have a line of people behind you and you are at the terminal by yourself, you can work the numbers ... if I get the number I want in the first position ... then I just let the computer quick pick the others ... but at least I don't get anything lower than what I have in the first position.

I seem to get more 1s and 2s in the early morning ... just my theory that there are not many tickets being sold and the computer goes back to "sleep" after a few seconds and when activated again by a play somewhere in the state starts with a 1 or low number ... not much of a theory but later in the day as stores and terminals are busy so are the computers ... perhaps there are computer number generators in the terminal itself or the quick pick numbers come in from Harrisburg ... I don't know. I just know I see a lot of 1s sometimes.

United States
        Member #152892
        February 28, 2014
        28 Posts
        Posted: December 4, 2014, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

Just saw the winning couple on the local news, here's what I saw...

-Check was in her name...

-Said she bought it at a grocery store(didn't specify)

-Quick Pick

-Said it was the first time she had ever bought a ticket(didn't specify if it was any lottery ticket or just a powerball ticket)