Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Input Playing the Various 6-49 Games

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 2 years ago by RJOh.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7310 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2014, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

I wish I could lay claim to coming up with the idea of playing 2 identical lines on my SM ticket, but I can't.  It occurred to me to do that after I saw on The NY Lottery's website that a guy from a town not too far from me accidentally used the same bet slip twice, and won the jackpot on each of his two tickets.  Since the JP wasn't shared for the first 5 winners of it, that guy accidentally won 2 million bucks!

Did that game have a cap on its payout?  When Ohio had Buckey5(5/37), its top prize was $100,000 with a cap of $1M on payouts.  A player got the idea of buying 15-20 tickets with the same five numbers which worked fine until he matched all five numbers.  He claimed he wasn't aware of the cap when he claimed his prizes but he had to share with another winner so all his match5 tickets were worth ~$60K each instead of the $100K he expected.  He sued the state and the store that sold him all those tickets but the court said he should have read the rules which were on the play slip.

John W. Struna purchased and matched all five numbers on 52 Buckeye 5 tickets. There were 53 winning tickets, but the Ohio Lottery Commission decided to pay the player with the one winning ticket $100,000 and Struna unsuccessfully sued. Each of his winning tickets paid $18,666.

The store owner testified he told Struna several times there was a $1 million cap and even showed him the game rules. The case was in court for over two years.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19826 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2014, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

John W. Struna purchased and matched all five numbers on 52 Buckeye 5 tickets. There were 53 winning tickets, but the Ohio Lottery Commission decided to pay the player with the one winning ticket $100,000 and Struna unsuccessfully sued. Each of his winning tickets paid $18,666.

The store owner testified he told Struna several times there was a $1 million cap and even showed him the game rules. The case was in court for over two years.

I' had forgotten he brought that many tickets.

http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/rod/docs/pdf/10/2004/2004-Ohio-5576.pdf

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #161539
      December 3, 2014
      328 Posts
      Posted: December 16, 2014, 4:13 am - IP Logged

I just thought I would post regarding the PA 6/49 game. The current jackpot was again approaching $2 million and last night (Dec 15) at around 1.5 million the Match 6 jackpot was hit again ... so it's back to $500,000 and the slow climb to a million and beyond.

It just can't get to $2 million anymore, the last three or four hits have all been under the $2 million mark ... $4 million used to be jackpot hit point over the last two years or so but now it seems to be under $2 million. Also it always seems to get hit around the Christmas holiday ... I was thinking that yesterday before the drawing so someone will be having an extra special Holiday.

GLTA ...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19826 Posts
        Posted: December 16, 2014, 7:26 am - IP Logged

I just thought I would post regarding the PA 6/49 game. The current jackpot was again approaching $2 million and last night (Dec 15) at around 1.5 million the Match 6 jackpot was hit again ... so it's back to $500,000 and the slow climb to a million and beyond.

It just can't get to $2 million anymore, the last three or four hits have all been under the $2 million mark ... $4 million used to be jackpot hit point over the last two years or so but now it seems to be under $2 million. Also it always seems to get hit around the Christmas holiday ... I was thinking that yesterday before the drawing so someone will be having an extra special Holiday.

GLTA ...

Sounds like a few players in PA have its 6/49 game figured out.  Ohio's Classic Lotto(6/49) is at $10.5M and continues to climb $100K+ per drawing.

Maybe I'm getting closer to figuring it out.  Last night with 10 lines on the prediction board I had 3 of the winning numbers in one line and the other 3 in another line, now if I could only get them all in the same line.

RJOhOhioClassic Lotto3 of 605-16-19-22-29-4216-19-25-29-39-48$5
        RJOhOhioClassic Lotto3 of 603-25-30-33-39-4816-19-25-29-39-48$5

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #161539
          December 3, 2014
          328 Posts
          Posted: December 16, 2014, 8:22 am - IP Logged

Sounds like a few players in PA have its 6/49 game figured out.  Ohio's Classic Lotto(6/49) is at $10.5M and continues to climb $100K+ per drawing.

Maybe I'm getting closer to figuring it out.  Last night with 10 lines on the prediction board I had 3 of the winning numbers in one line and the other 3 in another line, now if I could only get them all in the same line.

I hope it's just people being lucky but it does make you wonder. I had five tickets and had three numbers on three tickets ... no money won. The three numbers on each ticket were not across the straight line of numbers but scattered all over the ticket. You need four numbers that way to get $2.00 back ... however, I did have a lot of numbers that were one off or above and below.

It is "so easy" to pick or get those kind of hits ... one number off! ... if I could just figure out how to "tweak" the numbers. Oh well, can't have it too easy, everybody will be winning!

That's a nice hit on your Ohio game ... some ticket money. Can you figure it out??? ... I am going to go back for the last two or three years with the Match 6 game and copy the date and winning numbers for every jackpot hit. I want to see if anything stands out with the winning numbers. What will it prove or show ... probably nothing but I like working with numbers and systems, I'm always churning numbers for all the games I play. I have seen some patterns through the years but nothing month after month ... year after year. Usually any patterns are short lived and something new takes over.

Yes, Match 6 was at the point that $100,000 was now being added after every drawing ... now it's back to $50,000 into January ... I was ready to hit Match 6 a little harder in Jan but now it's back to the waiting game.

I like the $1.6 million jackpot point as that makes a person a true millionaire in most areas.

... it could also be that people are playing the 6/49 game more because of the better odds over the bigger jackpot games ... some people are getting older and more desperate ... like me!

I was looking at your numbers again on your ticket hits ... if you could have had all those numbers on one line, on one ticket ... I see BIG Winner!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19826 Posts
            Posted: December 16, 2014, 11:01 am - IP Logged

I hope it's just people being lucky but it does make you wonder. I had five tickets and had three numbers on three tickets ... no money won. The three numbers on each ticket were not across the straight line of numbers but scattered all over the ticket. You need four numbers that way to get $2.00 back ... however, I did have a lot of numbers that were one off or above and below.

It is "so easy" to pick or get those kind of hits ... one number off! ... if I could just figure out how to "tweak" the numbers. Oh well, can't have it too easy, everybody will be winning!

That's a nice hit on your Ohio game ... some ticket money. Can you figure it out??? ... I am going to go back for the last two or three years with the Match 6 game and copy the date and winning numbers for every jackpot hit. I want to see if anything stands out with the winning numbers. What will it prove or show ... probably nothing but I like working with numbers and systems, I'm always churning numbers for all the games I play. I have seen some patterns through the years but nothing month after month ... year after year. Usually any patterns are short lived and something new takes over.

Yes, Match 6 was at the point that $100,000 was now being added after every drawing ... now it's back to $50,000 into January ... I was ready to hit Match 6 a little harder in Jan but now it's back to the waiting game.

I like the $1.6 million jackpot point as that makes a person a true millionaire in most areas.

... it could also be that people are playing the 6/49 game more because of the better odds over the bigger jackpot games ... some people are getting older and more desperate ... like me!

I was looking at your numbers again on your ticket hits ... if you could have had all those numbers on one line, on one ticket ... I see BIG Winner!

"I hope it's just people being lucky but it does make you wonder."

Luck would dictate that normally there would be one lucky winner for every fourteen millions lines sold but if there are more than that then they're not only lucky but  smart too.  There's nothing wrong with playing smart.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19826 Posts
              Posted: December 18, 2014, 11:36 am - IP Logged

This just shows how close a lottery player can come to being a  mult-millionaire at time with a little luck.  That's what keeps me playing.

Evil Looking