Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Rigged?

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 2 years ago by CDanaT.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #127023
April 21, 2012
7 Posts
Posted: December 3, 2014, 8:35 am - IP Logged

The question that never fades away.  Tell me if I'm the last one to find this out.

I'm a member of NC Lucke Rewards.  As such, I enter the Entry Codes from non winning tickets for a chance at secondary prizes.  Recently, I entered the entry code from a Carolina Cash 5 multi draw ticket that had not been fully played out.  The code was accepted and I didn't win on the future draws.  Thinking I can go ahead and enter the entry codes on recently purchased tickets that have yet to be drawn and see if they're 'winners' before the 'draw' ever takes place.

Any thoughts?

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
    Texas
    United States
    Member #150797
    December 31, 2013
    821 Posts
    Posted: December 3, 2014, 9:12 am - IP Logged

Coincidence and "rigged" are not the same thing.

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #74096
      May 2, 2009
      23217 Posts
      Posted: December 3, 2014, 11:05 am - IP Logged

I see what you're saying...you think that if you enter the numbers before the draw and it tells you it's a winning

ticket you essentially see into the future...lol, I think they're smarter than that. They probably have a void feature

in place where you make the ticket null and void if you enter it before the draw.

OR is what you're saying you'd like to see if you win a second chance prize and not wait until after the draw for the

jp prize.

If there was any chance I'd make my ticket for a future draw void by entering for a second chance draw where I

would most likely win less, I wouldn't take the chance and I'd just wait. It can't be that painful or exhilarating to

wait or see if you won a 2nd chance prize, can it?

010 122 963 824 684 584 0000 6837 4061 1207 2319 4901 1009 1347 1537

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
        LAS VEGAS
        United States
        Member #47729
        November 22, 2006
        4581 Posts
        Posted: December 3, 2014, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

I see what you're saying...you think that if you enter the numbers before the draw and it tells you it's a winning

ticket you essentially see into the future...lol, I think they're smarter than that. They probably have a void feature

in place where you make the ticket null and void if you enter it before the draw.

OR is what you're saying you'd like to see if you win a second chance prize and not wait until after the draw for the

jp prize.

If there was any chance I'd make my ticket for a future draw void by entering for a second chance draw where I

would most likely win less, I wouldn't take the chance and I'd just wait. It can't be that painful or exhilarating to

wait or see if you won a 2nd chance prize, can it?

I Agree!

Eddessa_Knight

OhioDiva's avatar - lady narrisa.png
          Ohio
          United States
          Member #161551
          December 3, 2014
          358 Posts
          Posted: December 3, 2014, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

The question that never fades away.  Tell me if I'm the last one to find this out.

I'm a member of NC Lucke Rewards.  As such, I enter the Entry Codes from non winning tickets for a chance at secondary prizes.  Recently, I entered the entry code from a Carolina Cash 5 multi draw ticket that had not been fully played out.  The code was accepted and I didn't win on the future draws.  Thinking I can go ahead and enter the entry codes on recently purchased tickets that have yet to be drawn and see if they're 'winners' before the 'draw' ever takes place.

Any thoughts?

Garfield,

I'm sorry but I really think it is….  I have noticed some strange numbers, numbers never been out in the last year, funky combinations that don't make any sense.  I hate to say it but I do believe and its sad because I love OHIO Lottery.

O-H-I-O Lottery.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
            Happyland
            United States
            Member #146344
            September 1, 2013
            1130 Posts
            Posted: December 3, 2014, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

Any thoughts?

multi draw ticket that had not been fully played out.

Did it lose on any of the draws that were played?

If so, then there's nothing suspicious at all. Every ticket gets one second-chance code. The fact that it was a multi-draw ticket doesn't change anything, because the second-chance code is unique and separate from the base game. You didn't get a second-chance code for every play, correct? Your ticket may list 5 plays, but only one webcode. When you entered the code it likely just checked to see if any of the previous draws were losers, then accepted it as a second-chance entry. Or, possibly, the system doesn't discriminate between winning and losing tickets and simply accepts all webcodes as second-chance entries, regardless of winning status.

It's a little silly to suggest that entering a second-chance code has predictive power for winning an entirely separate base game. That would mean the lottery has to rig literally every drawing. History has shown that rigging even one drawing is rare and near impossible, especially without catching anyone's attention.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
            If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
            P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

United States
              Member #127023
              April 21, 2012
              7 Posts
              Posted: December 4, 2014, 8:13 am - IP Logged

Replying to LottoMetro:

Yes, the previous four draws resulted in no winnings.  I've marked my Cash 5 ticket for five draws at a time; this instance had one draw left as I was confused about the date for the last draw of that ticket.  In the past, I've entered the Lucke Rewards Entry Code for winning tickets after the draw and the code was rejected.  I'm out of state at the moment on business; will test my theory at the next opportunity.

JeetKuneDoLotto's avatar - mystic

United States
                Member #161367
                November 27, 2014
                60 Posts
                Posted: December 4, 2014, 9:15 am - IP Logged

Any thoughts?

Perhaps the computers are just infallible or made a mistake?  In your case I tend to lean to and agree loosely with what lotto metro said, however,

I recently won a match 2 on a pick 5 play that the scanner says is not a winner.  I have double and triple checked.  I have tried it at multiple store terminals and scanners.  I was going to mail in the ticket but that will be half the cost of the ticket.  Not sure what to do at this time.  Probably I will send an email so I can save the postage cost.

However I have not jumped to the conclusion that the scanners are rigged at this point.

Because of styles, people are separated.  They are not united together because styles became law.  But the original founder of the style started out with hypothesis - but now it has become the gospel truth.  Like boxing or fencing JKDL is a step by step project in which each maneuver must be repeated many times.  Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water.  Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup.  Put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.  Now water can flow, or surge or drip or crash.  Be water my friend. 

north carolina/virginia
                  United States
                  Member #2097
                  August 17, 2003
                  126 Posts
                  Posted: December 4, 2014, 10:40 am - IP Logged

In a post I posted last night, I started getting very suspicious with NC Pick 3 and Pick 4 drawings when I noticed the lady drawing had the same outfit on for 2 days of draws, come to find out NC may draw the number days in advance.  I don't know if NC still do this, however even if they are doing audit draws this is not good because lets say you have a due number, and the due number comes out in the audit draw.  Got me really re-thinking this NC lottery.

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7341 Posts
                    Posted: December 4, 2014, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

In a post I posted last night, I started getting very suspicious with NC Pick 3 and Pick 4 drawings when I noticed the lady drawing had the same outfit on for 2 days of draws, come to find out NC may draw the number days in advance.  I don't know if NC still do this, however even if they are doing audit draws this is not good because lets say you have a due number, and the due number comes out in the audit draw.  Got me really re-thinking this NC lottery.

"however even if they are doing audit draws this is not good because lets say you have a due number, and the due number comes out in the audit draw."

IMO, "due numbers" are just an arbitrary name players put on digits and/or numbers based on their definition of when they are "due". Look at a statistical chart showing how many times each digit in each digit position appeared over the last 1000 drawings and you'll see that very few of the digits were drawn an equal amount.

For instance, the digit "7" was drawn 60 times less than the digit "5" in the last 1000 N.C. evening pick-3 drawings. The probably is both digits will be drawn 30 times in the next 100 drawings; do you think the digit "7" will be drawn more to catch-up and the digit "5" drawn less?

Wearing the same outfit for two consecutive days does raise an eyebrow.

north carolina/virginia
                      United States
                      Member #2097
                      August 17, 2003
                      126 Posts
                      Posted: December 4, 2014, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

Yes it done more for me than raise an eyebrow, it made me start digging around to find out at this time multiple draws were held and recorded in the same day.  I don't think its done any more but the audit draw is. I also understand what you are saying about the position numbers because I created a spreadsheet that have all the statistics I could think of.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                        Wisconsin
                        United States
                        Member #104962
                        January 23, 2011
                        1075 Posts
                        Posted: December 5, 2014, 8:25 am - IP Logged

Interesting...I always wondered if they used those audits/pre draws to avoid already played numbers.  Since none of us can be there, this won't ever be known.

Trump 2016!

Happyland
                          United States
                          Member #146344
                          September 1, 2013
                          1130 Posts
                          Posted: December 5, 2014, 10:23 am - IP Logged

They do audits and pre-tests all the time, it does nothing to affect the game. I mean, the manufacturer who makes the balls and machines, they test them literally hundreds of times. Yet you will never see or know what numbers came up. But suddenly, because the machine/balls is in lottery possession it makes a difference? It doesn't. This is just another "flow of the numbers" argument and it really isn't grounded in logic. All that matters are the numbers in the drawing.

I wear the same outfits for a couple of days too.....cuts down on the amount of laundry and they do not soil easily, especially in a climate controlled office.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                          If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

United States
                            Member #128790
                            June 2, 2012
                            5431 Posts
                            Posted: December 5, 2014, 10:38 am - IP Logged

They do audits and pre-tests all the time, it does nothing to affect the game. I mean, the manufacturer who makes the balls and machines, they test them literally hundreds of times. Yet you will never see or know what numbers came up. But suddenly, because the machine/balls is in lottery possession it makes a difference? It doesn't. This is just another "flow of the numbers" argument and it really isn't grounded in logic. All that matters are the numbers in the drawing.

I wear the same outfits for a couple of days too.....cuts down on the amount of laundry and they do not soil easily, especially in a climate controlled office.

Really? I'd love to see the reaction on your face If you had access to the pre-draw PB numbers and all your numbers were in it for a JP of let's say about 300 million. 

Those dirty clothes of yours need to be washed. Why don't you do some pre-washes and post washes to make sure your washing machine is still in running condition. I recommend 5 pre-washes with just some rags, then wash your actual clothing, then do 5 more post-washes. Bash

Some of you will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever get it. NEVER !  Puke

Happyland
                              United States
                              Member #146344
                              September 1, 2013
                              1130 Posts
                              Posted: December 5, 2014, 10:42 am - IP Logged

Really? I'd love to see the reaction on your face If you had access to the pre-draw PB numbers and all your numbers were in it for a JP of let's say about 300 million. 

Those dirty clothes of yours need to be washed. Why don't you do some pre-washes and post washes to make sure your washing machine is still in running condition. I recommend 5 pre-washes with just some rags, then wash your actual clothing, then do 5 more post-washes. Bash

Some of you will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever get it. NEVER !  Puke

No surprise you would come along and blast me. There really is nothing to "get," and I think that's what you don't get. I respect your opinion though! Patriot

I can make up a million pre-test results and none of them would predict or influence the next drawing's numbers. I might find patterns in my imaginary numbers, but they wouldn't even taint one inkling of the actual drawing. Like I said, the ball and machine manufacturers run hundreds and hundreds of what you call "pre-tests," more than the lottery will ever perform, but I don't see you railing against them.

I have access to all pre-test drawings for my lottery. The only benefit is determining whether the lottery's equipment is functioning properly. They are useless in pattern tracking, but then again all numbers are. This defies the voodoo opinion here on LP so I won't even bother to get into that. Still, I wish a legitimate college course in statistics was required for lottery players, but then nobody would play Wink