Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Rigged?

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 2 years ago by CDanaT.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #128790
June 2, 2012
5431 Posts
Posted: December 5, 2014, 10:51 am - IP Logged

No surprise you would come along and blast me. There really is nothing to "get," and I think that's what you don't get. I respect your opinion though! Patriot

I can make up a million pre-test results and none of them would predict or influence the next drawing's numbers. I might find patterns in my imaginary numbers, but they wouldn't even taint one inkling of the actual drawing. Like I said, the ball and machine manufacturers run hundreds and hundreds of what you call "pre-tests," more than the lottery will ever perform, but I don't see you railing against them.

I have access to all pre-test drawings for my lottery. The only benefit is determining whether the lottery's equipment is functioning properly. They are useless in pattern tracking, but then again all numbers are. This defies the voodoo opinion here on LP so I won't even bother to get into that. Still, I wish a legitimate college course in statistics was required for lottery players, but then nobody would play Wink

They saw you coming a mile away. They love little obedient people like you. Good boy !

There's no helping people like you, so go ahead and stay ignorant. I guess common sense isn't that common after all. It's so sad.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
    Happyland
    United States
    Member #146344
    September 1, 2013
    1129 Posts
    Posted: December 5, 2014, 11:02 am - IP Logged

They saw you coming a mile away. They love little obedient people like you. Good boy !

There's no helping people like you, so go ahead and stay ignorant. I guess common sense isn't that common after all. It's so sad.

I'm not here to quibble with anyone, really I'm not, but there are a few things I've noticed about your responses.

Most of the time, when you respond to people, you make ad hominem aka personal attacks ("obedient," "ignorant") instead of addressing the actual argument. What makes me obedient or ignorant? The fact that I have studied sound statistics and understand why the lotteries do what they do? I would say common sense supports the notion of pre-tests more than otherwise. Of course, you would have to understand statistics to see why. If there is some underlying process that causes pre-tests to distort the actual drawing results, I would be inclined to hear about that, so please enlighten all of us. Does one extra bounce of those ping-pong balls magically throw the machine out of calibration until the next pre-test?

I really support your evangelism to convince players they will never win a jackpot, but on the other hand, you contradict yourself by believing that Pick3 can be won using systems. If Pick3 can be won with a system, what is to stop someone from doing the same with a jackpot? The more numbers argument doesn't work.

I guess what I'm saying is that it doesn't matter the game, tracking numbers or using systems isn't going to help you. And please don't throw in Pierre or whoever else is your idol...there is no proof of what these guys use to win, most likely they just buy a lot of tickets. LOL

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
    If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
    P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
      If you don't like it, spit it out!
      United States
      Member #4756
      May 23, 2004
      3433 Posts
      Posted: December 5, 2014, 11:06 am - IP Logged

I'm not here to quibble with anyone, really I'm not, but there are a few things I've noticed about your responses.

Most of the time, when you respond to people, you make ad hominem aka personal attacks ("obedient," "ignorant") instead of addressing the actual argument. What makes me obedient or ignorant? The fact that I have studied sound statistics and understand why the lotteries do what they do? I would say common sense supports the notion of pre-tests more than otherwise. Of course, you would have to understand statistics to see why. If there is some underlying process that causes pre-tests to distort the actual drawing results, I would be inclined to hear about that, so please enlighten all of us. Does one extra bounce of those ping-pong balls magically throw the machine out of calibration until the next pre-test?

I really support your evangelism to convince players they will never win a jackpot, but on the other hand, you contradict yourself by believing that Pick3 can be won using systems. If Pick3 can be won with a system, what is to stop someone from doing the same with a jackpot? The more numbers argument doesn't work.

I guess what I'm saying is that it doesn't matter the game, tracking numbers or using systems isn't going to help you. And please don't throw in Pierre or whoever else is your idol...there is no proof of what these guys use to win, most likely they just buy a lot of tickets. LOL

Very well said!

It gets repetitive and tiresome...

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: December 5, 2014, 11:29 am - IP Logged

There's nothing to quibble with. I can't have a debate with someone who has no clue. It's like debating Quantum Physics with a 7 year old child.

As long as ignorance makes you happy, I guess that's all that matters right? You've already shown me your ilk, and I don't have the time to educate people who don't get it. No amount of paragraphs will help you. Hopefully you'll wake up some day, who knows.

United States
          Member #128790
          June 2, 2012
          5431 Posts
          Posted: December 5, 2014, 11:31 am - IP Logged

Very well said!

It gets repetitive and tiresome...

So does the ignorance around here. That gets very tiresome. 

Cha$e-IL's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
            Chicago
            United States
            Member #58821
            February 27, 2008
            16 Posts
            Posted: December 5, 2014, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

I always thought is was strange that the lottery commish always says it random...but random means that anything can happen...and when something is truly random you cant predict the outcome...but there's something going on...randomness and the law of probability say anything can happen and that all things have a equal chance of happening...so just as we have one winning jp ticket over and over...we should and could have 4,5,10 winning jp tickets...but the excuse they give is over time with hundred of thousands of drawing(AFTER WE ARE LONG DEAD) it will happen and equal out...problem is randomness and law of probability does not have a time table...random means it could be tomorrow...law of probability means all things being EQUAL they all have a EQUAL chance of happening...plus over the course of all US lotteries jp games we've had thousands of drawing and i have never heard of 5,10 jp tickets just 1,2,3 maybe 4 jp tickets...from a business stand point it makes sense to control the jp and spread the jp around in a multi state lottery otherwise why join and spend money on marketing,advertising, etc. if there is no guarantee that the investment will pay off...and if not how long do think a state would continue to participate if their players never win a jp...tickets sale go down...the state spends more money on advertising trying to entice players to play which means they lose more money...the lottery is a business but somehow we  got the notion that since its government run its not for profit....with that being said I still play... just as I go to Vegas and play where I know the odds favor the house

north carolina/virginia
              United States
              Member #2097
              August 17, 2003
              126 Posts
              Posted: December 5, 2014, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

My point in saying that about the same outfit being worn is, it got my attention enough to find out that several draws took place in 1 day, and they used the pre-recorded draws to present on the next 3 days.  No problem with wearing clothes over and over if that is your thing to do.

United States
                Member #128790
                June 2, 2012
                5431 Posts
                Posted: December 5, 2014, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

My point in saying that about the same outfit being worn is, it got my attention enough to find out that several draws took place in 1 day, and they used the pre-recorded draws to present on the next 3 days.  No problem with wearing clothes over and over if that is your thing to do.

Yeah, I got the clothing analogy. lol    ( not really )

But I'm curious...I'm just hoping you're not wearing the same underwear today as you did yesterday..Green laugh

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                  Massachusetts
                  United States
                  Member #37433
                  April 14, 2006
                  2747 Posts
                  Posted: December 6, 2014, 11:49 am - IP Logged

I'm following keenly the debate about test draws. Would they think anything is wrong if 333 was drawn last night and in today's test draws they keep seeing triples?

I'm curious to know if there are instances where back to back draws have drawn triple combos. It should happen from time to time in truly random draws. I think.

That money's gone fo ever

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                    Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4103 Posts
                    Posted: December 6, 2014, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

it's Only " rigged" if you the one Not WINNING..Big Smile

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                      Wisconsin
                      United States
                      Member #104962
                      January 23, 2011
                      1075 Posts
                      Posted: December 6, 2014, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

it's Only " rigged" if you the one Not WINNING..Big Smile

Where has anyone said that? I have won 30 bucks a couple times on one, and 50 on another at least twice, if it wasn't twice it was for sure once....and I still think a lot of big jackpot wins are coincidences.  At this point I am leaving it at that.

Trump 2016!

bigguy5's avatar - peace
                        charlotte.n.c
                        United States
                        Member #37585
                        April 17, 2006
                        365 Posts
                        Posted: December 6, 2014, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

Where has anyone said that? I have won 30 bucks a couple times on one, and 50 on another at least twice, if it wasn't twice it was for sure once....and I still think a lot of big jackpot wins are coincidences.  At this point I am leaving it at that.

amen

bigguy5's avatar - peace
                          charlotte.n.c
                          United States
                          Member #37585
                          April 17, 2006
                          365 Posts
                          Posted: December 6, 2014, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

Garfield,

I'm sorry but I really think it is….  I have noticed some strange numbers, numbers never been out in the last year, funky combinations that don't make any sense.  I hate to say it but I do believe and its sad because I love OHIO Lottery.

O-H-I-O Lottery.

Garfield,  what  a  name ummmmm,    what  school  did you  go  to..did  they    teach you  math,

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                            Bay Area - California
                            United States
                            Member #136477
                            December 12, 2012
                            4103 Posts
                            Posted: December 6, 2014, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

This thread was started by Garfield- yet you responding as though l am accusing you of that behavior.Could it be that l have struck a nerve?

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                              Wisconsin
                              United States
                              Member #104962
                              January 23, 2011
                              1075 Posts
                              Posted: December 6, 2014, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

This thread was started by Garfield- yet you responding as though l am accusing you of that behavior.Could it be that l have struck a nerve?

No, you have nothing....What you're doing is flinging crap at the wall to see what sticks,  just to see if you can get someone to argue with you.  So good luck with that.

Trump 2016!