Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Wild Thought, Lottery Post Having a Convention?

Topic closed. 63 replies. Last post 2 years ago by lottolaughs.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Marilyn222's avatar - thumb 350-286546.jpg
Denver
United States
Member #117684
October 12, 2011
552 Posts
Posted: December 8, 2014, 7:04 am - IP Logged

Is Todd agreeable?

Allow me to rephrase my question, what does Todd think?

White Bounce

Denver
    United States
    Member #117684
    October 12, 2011
    552 Posts
    Posted: December 8, 2014, 7:06 am - IP Logged

North Dakota, in January.

OK. Just kidding.

White Bounce

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #74096
      May 2, 2009
      22893 Posts
      Posted: December 8, 2014, 10:12 am - IP Logged

OP you are not the first one with the same wild thought. It's been tossed around before.

This would work for people who do not mind coming face to face with people whose faces they normally

don't see. Posting on a forum where no one sees your face has a bit of comfort connected to it. You can

say what you want, ignore who you want, insert emoticons insinuating someone else is crazy, funny or

just a jack a s s and do it all day long. It gets uncomfortable for some people to have other people know

what they look like or personal things about them...believe me, a convention would not only cover 'what to

play in GA tomorrow' or OHHHH, so that's what you look like! I didn't think you'd be so //short, fat, ugly, tall,

geeky, blonde...brunette...redheaded..., skinny, deep voiced, high voiced, annoying voiced....etc, etc, etc.

I kind of get the feeling there are those with no shame, modesty, reserve etc who would love to meet and

discuss all kinds of things with other members - having a convention would be heaven for some and hell

for others. There would be regrets of all kinds meeting people you post with day in and day out. Some

people, when they FINALLY see what someone else looks like do a complete turnaround in opinion - there

is instant judgment passed when meeting someone in person...it's human nature, always wanting to measure

up the competition and that's what it is really with some...competition. You see how some conversations go

here?....not too well. I've read posts where people want to do some people HARM...that's not good. Safer to

not have the convention at all and just continue on keeping to yourself things you won't regret saying or

revealing. I'd NEVER EVER EVER go to a convention. One reason is this..because I pretty much like most

posters here, I may not feel that way face to face where the sky is pretty much the limit in what you're asked,

how you're measured up and how people act to your face and how they actually feel when parting ways

at conventions end.

I believe someone like Marcie would do well at one..and that is not an insult in any way. That's just the way

she is AND if she doesn't like what you say, she'll tell you right out. Sooo for Marcie, a convention might go

totally wrong and she'll leave with NO contacts to come back to or she'll leave with everyone loving her depending

on who shows up to mingle with.

Who here liked their last CLASS REUNION?????? Or even showed up??? Same thing. People wanting to know what

you do, how you amounted to what you did or didn't, where you live, what your job is and everything else that goes

along with getting together with people who you normally don't see. AND who???.....likes class reunions anyway?

I doubt even TODD would show up at a Lottery Post convention...w/o the proper body guards along side him. Be in,

be out in 5 minutes flat...no autographs, no photos, no rubbing elbows or silly little chats or brown nosing. That might

be a very dangerous place to be for someone like him and some of the other posters here.

No Nod

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
        Member #52345
        May 21, 2007
        2659 Posts
        Posted: December 8, 2014, 10:46 am - IP Logged

OP you are not the first one with the same wild thought. It's been tossed around before.

This would work for people who do not mind coming face to face with people whose faces they normally

don't see. Posting on a forum where no one sees your face has a bit of comfort connected to it. You can

say what you want, ignore who you want, insert emoticons insinuating someone else is crazy, funny or

just a jack a s s and do it all day long. It gets uncomfortable for some people to have other people know

what they look like or personal things about them...believe me, a convention would not only cover 'what to

play in GA tomorrow' or OHHHH, so that's what you look like! I didn't think you'd be so //short, fat, ugly, tall,

geeky, blonde...brunette...redheaded..., skinny, deep voiced, high voiced, annoying voiced....etc, etc, etc.

I kind of get the feeling there are those with no shame, modesty, reserve etc who would love to meet and

discuss all kinds of things with other members - having a convention would be heaven for some and hell

for others. There would be regrets of all kinds meeting people you post with day in and day out. Some

people, when they FINALLY see what someone else looks like do a complete turnaround in opinion - there

is instant judgment passed when meeting someone in person...it's human nature, always wanting to measure

up the competition and that's what it is really with some...competition. You see how some conversations go

here?....not too well. I've read posts where people want to do some people HARM...that's not good. Safer to

not have the convention at all and just continue on keeping to yourself things you won't regret saying or

revealing. I'd NEVER EVER EVER go to a convention. One reason is this..because I pretty much like most

posters here, I may not feel that way face to face where the sky is pretty much the limit in what you're asked,

how you're measured up and how people act to your face and how they actually feel when parting ways

at conventions end.

I believe someone like Marcie would do well at one..and that is not an insult in any way. That's just the way

she is AND if she doesn't like what you say, she'll tell you right out. Sooo for Marcie, a convention might go

totally wrong and she'll leave with NO contacts to come back to or she'll leave with everyone loving her depending

on who shows up to mingle with.

Who here liked their last CLASS REUNION?????? Or even showed up??? Same thing. People wanting to know what

you do, how you amounted to what you did or didn't, where you live, what your job is and everything else that goes

along with getting together with people who you normally don't see. AND who???.....likes class reunions anyway?

I doubt even TODD would show up at a Lottery Post convention...w/o the proper body guards along side him. Be in,

be out in 5 minutes flat...no autographs, no photos, no rubbing elbows or silly little chats or brown nosing. That might

be a very dangerous place to be for someone like him and some of the other posters here.

No Nod

Skeptical I doubt Todd has anything to worry about from anyone here

its the dust bunny gang that have reason to live in fear  ( now whar did I put my water cannon )

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4107 Posts
          Posted: December 8, 2014, 11:36 am - IP Logged

I think the few and many would agree with me

you put the bull's eye on yourself and have no one to blame

Opinions are like noses- everyone has one.  However when l posted my opinion l frankly had you and a few others in mind. Perhaps you could look at the history of your posts and you will find that you have nothing positive to ever say about anyone or anything- that is not an opinion but a fact!

Nice try though. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4788 Posts
            Posted: December 8, 2014, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

Well a lot of us are just kidding about a convention. It would not work. There are a number of nut cases here that have threatened people and since Todd knows about them, he could be held liable. Can you imagine a nut case like Ronnie showing up?

Now a general gaming convention unrelated to the forum is another matter but I think it has been done.

J'aime La France.

Albany, GA
              United States
              Member #100611
              November 15, 2010
              10162 Posts
              Posted: December 8, 2014, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Well a lot of us are just kidding about a convention. It would not work. There are a number of nut cases here that have threatened people and since Todd knows about them, he could be held liable. Can you imagine a nut case like Ronnie showing up?

Now a general gaming convention unrelated to the forum is another matter but I think it has been done.

There was one nut case (user name 'j20' something or other) I remember back in August of this year that got off his meds and went straight bonkers, posting several direct threats against Todd's physical safety, saying what he would do if he were ever to meet Todd out on the street, blah, blah, so on and so forth. Can't remember the guy's name, but was always blogging  incessantly about his mother and some person named Camille. He seemed unstable enough that it would cause me to looking over my shoulder for this character if attending such an event, but unfortunately there's probably no one on LP that knows what he looks like in person !

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4107 Posts
                Posted: December 8, 2014, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

There was one nut case (user name 'j20' something or other) I remember back in August of this year that got off his meds and went straight bonkers, posting several direct threats against Todd's physical safety, saying what he would do if he were ever to meet Todd out on the street, blah, blah, so on and so forth. Can't remember the guy's name, but was always blogging  incessantly about his mother and some person named Camille. He seemed unstable enough that it would cause me to looking over my shoulder for this character if attending such an event, but unfortunately there's probably no one on LP that knows what he looks like in person !

You ain't a kidding...

I was here less than 8 months and a nut case * you know who you are, sends me a " private msg" stating that l must comply with his way of thinking, which was for me to embrace him as a friend and some other sh**- l admit l blinked and thought wtf is this?

The problem with these nutcases is that they think that by threatening a person- they doing this for the greater good.  Having a Convention would only embolden these people.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7308 Posts
                  Posted: December 9, 2014, 2:23 am - IP Logged

You ain't a kidding...

I was here less than 8 months and a nut case * you know who you are, sends me a " private msg" stating that l must comply with his way of thinking, which was for me to embrace him as a friend and some other sh**- l admit l blinked and thought wtf is this?

The problem with these nutcases is that they think that by threatening a person- they doing this for the greater good.  Having a Convention would only embolden these people.

Most people would probably call me a liar if I showed the PM threats I got from one particular member even though other members got similar PMs. But it's meaningless because "words can't hurt me" (except for the "the end" in the Geico commercial).

I doubt there will be an official LP get-together sanctioned by management though there is no reason why a few LP members couldn't decide a place and time to meet. Other message board forums and chat rooms have discussed reunions, but when it happened it was just a very few people who spoke with each other in PM.

Is there a lottery topic that would hold our collective attentions long enough to have get-together and be a "must go to" event?

Denver
                    United States
                    Member #117684
                    October 12, 2011
                    552 Posts
                    Posted: December 9, 2014, 4:42 am - IP Logged

OK. Just kidding.

Too cold in North Dakota, are there any other options such as Hawaii?

White Bounce

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                      Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #74096
                      May 2, 2009
                      22893 Posts
                      Posted: December 9, 2014, 8:48 am - IP Logged

There are probably enough members here that can remember lots of nut cases and I'm sure there are a few

some of us have forgotten. That would be the best single reason not to attend any get together.

Can you imagine:

'Oh nice to meet you, I'm *username*'....'Ohhh nice to meet you too, I'm *username*....remember that day you told

me to kiss off/shut up/drop dead/get #%&^%'?

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

uprrman's avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                        harvard,il
                        United States
                        Member #96756
                        September 4, 2010
                        2444 Posts
                        Posted: December 9, 2014, 10:36 am - IP Logged

There are probably enough members here that can remember lots of nut cases and I'm sure there are a few

some of us have forgotten. That would be the best single reason not to attend any get together.

Can you imagine:

'Oh nice to meet you, I'm *username*'....'Ohhh nice to meet you too, I'm *username*....remember that day you told

it would be so cool.LurkingSmash

i want to be a millionaire a second time!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19825 Posts
                          Posted: December 12, 2014, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

Can you imagine:

I've gotten PM's from local members who wanted to get together in some central location within a two hour drive here in Ohio and I wasn't interested so I certainly wouldn't be interested in leaving the state to meet other members.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

p4wanbi's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                            WA
                            United States
                            Member #122238
                            January 27, 2012
                            180 Posts
                            Posted: December 12, 2014, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

I am not joing, therefore I say shut the hell up on this thread haha. Seriously, a convention?

playing what can be afforded...spend half of what was reclaimed.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                              Dallas, Texas
                              United States
                              Member #4549
                              May 2, 2004
                              1689 Posts
                              Posted: December 12, 2014, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

I am not joing, therefore I say shut the hell up on this thread haha. Seriously, a convention?

I'm in. Let the stalkers and trolls hide in the plastic plants in the anteroom.

We should do this.

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"