Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Will you play Powerball more often before the Matrix change in 2015?

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 2 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19816 Posts
Posted: December 21, 2014, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

I doubt it since the overall odds of winning something will be better after the matrix change.  I've seldom played PB since it price increase and will probably continue to only play MM of the multi-state games because of its cheaper price.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7295 Posts
    Posted: December 22, 2014, 12:49 am - IP Logged

I doubt it since the overall odds of winning something will be better after the matrix change.  I've seldom played PB since it price increase and will probably continue to only play MM of the multi-state games because of its cheaper price.

Looking at the sales figures, it looks like most players figured out they probably won't win a jackpot with the current odds and stopped playing like they did. And matching five numbers even looks next to impossible especially to 5/39 pick-5 players.

People will buy $2 tickets when the buying frenzy starts; including Thrifty.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19816 Posts
      Posted: December 22, 2014, 11:11 am - IP Logged

Looking at the sales figures, it looks like most players figured out they probably won't win a jackpot with the current odds and stopped playing like they did. And matching five numbers even looks next to impossible especially to 5/39 pick-5 players.

People will buy $2 tickets when the buying frenzy starts; including Thrifty.

States added PB and MM to attract more players to their games and PB's $2+ price and high odds does make the local games with better odds and prices with smaller jackpots look more attractive.

When PB jackpot exceeds $200M its snowball chance in H* of winning doesn't matters as much and many more players will take a chance for $2.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7295 Posts
        Posted: December 22, 2014, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

States added PB and MM to attract more players to their games and PB's $2+ price and high odds does make the local games with better odds and prices with smaller jackpots look more attractive.

When PB jackpot exceeds $200M its snowball chance in H* of winning doesn't matters as much and many more players will take a chance for $2.

It's interesting how PB sells more tickets for a Saturday drawing than for the next Wednesday drawing and that trend continues into the mid $100 jackpot range. Less then 25 million tickets were sold for the $203 million jackpot last month which probably means players are waiting for much higher jackpots to start the ticket buying frenzy.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
          Texas Panhandle
          United States
          Member #136843
          December 20, 2012
          1262 Posts
          Posted: December 22, 2014, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

Stack47 People will buy $2 tickets when the buying frenzy starts; including Thrifty.

That made me laugh.

California
            United States
            Member #141204
            April 7, 2013
            280 Posts
            Posted: January 7, 2015, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

Stack47 People will buy $2 tickets when the buying frenzy starts; including Thrifty.

That made me laugh.

It must be true. Thrifty never denied it.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5588 Posts
              Posted: January 7, 2015, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

At this point in time I pretty much done with PB. I was planning on playing until the new matrix started in April, but I'm dropping it now and just playing Tx Lotto, MM, and Tx 2 Step along with a little All or Nothing and Daily 4. That's enough to keep me busy.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)